Gold Cup Travel Plans - Who is interested

admin

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone coming to Texas you should be able to find reasonable hotels within a short distance from the stadium...Frisco's also home to one of my favorite BBQ joints.... Hutchins BBQ...ya'll gotta try it out if you come...

If you live near the GTA might be more reasonable to fly Southwest Airlines out of Buffalo to Love Field in Dallas...which is about 25 miles south of Frisco

On 4/8/2017 at 6:55 PM, mrstepp817 said:

For anyone coming to Texas you should be able to find reasonable hotels within a short distance from the stadium...Frisco's also home to one of my favorite BBQ joints.... Hutchins BBQ...ya'll gotta try it out if you come...

If you live near the GTA might be more reasonable to fly Southwest Airlines out of Buffalo to Love Field in Dallas...which is about 25 miles south of Frisco

As of right now, I'm seeing cheaper flights out of Toronto.  Bizarrely. 

2 minutes ago, zeelaw1555362314 said:

As of right now, I'm seeing cheaper flights out of Toronto.  Bizarrely. 

That is strange...but it happens...my in laws still live in Mississauaga..most of the time we go the Buffalo route but there's been a time or two we've flown right into Pearson

On 4/3/2017 at 4:54 PM, Sam said:

By the way @Olympique_de_Marseille are you coming? 

Still not sure.

On 4/3/2017 at 4:54 PM, Sam said:

Yup me neither. Figure there isn't much worry about this game selling out anytime soon best to wait and see if we can get a section

Seats available are here: http://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/00005245AFE617BE?CAMEFROM=CFC_MLG_GC17_MAIN_RBA

Since tickets went on sale before the groups were announced but after the top seeds were (Mexico, USA, Honduras) - all the Honduran fans (and resellers) bought the front of the best sections. I doubt we will get a "section" unless we make one by buying together. Did the CSA help you in Seattle?

This may be a blessing in disguise though, if we buy the back of a section (I like the top-right corner of 122 on the seat map), we can likely stand with less fuss. :)

Also, for CONCACAF's marketing purposes, ours is the game fewer fans care about and since it's a Friday ours will be first. Likely kicking off around 4:30pm-5:30pm (how many Canadians and French Guyana fans will go, let's be honest). The Honduras vs Costa Rica will be the late game. That also means fewer potential fans upset if we stand! :)

19 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Also, for CONCACAF's marketing purposes, ours is the game fewer fans care about and since it's a Friday ours will be first. Likely kicking off around 4:30pm-5:30pm (how many Canadians and French Guyana fans will go, let's be honest). The Honduras vs Costa Rica will be the late game. That also means fewer potential fans upset if we stand! :)

Sounds similar to those who experienced Denver in '13.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Sam said:

Ah cool - so it sounds like we are all just on our own for ticket sales here? 

I got mine since I'm in the neighbourhood of Red Bull Arena, if there is a section for us, I'll get another set of tickets! It's still pretty empty for the endlines according to Ticketmaster for the NJ game. 

Saw the Davies news so figured I'd check-in to see if anyone was thinking of organzing a supporters section for the NY game. Brought a couple guys to the Colombia friendly right after WC14, thanks for pulling that together @admin, and would do it again for (hopefully) a different result vs French Guiana.

Sounds like there was some interest a while back, anything official come of it or is everyone just buying in a particular section?

Edited by goleafs67

39 minutes ago, Sam said:

Anyone completely amped up after watching Canada win yesterday and want to watch us play another small Caribbean nation in NY and ready to make a group buy? 

I'm down and can probably grab a few more local Canadians to join. @admin, you know if anyone ever made any progress with the Red Bulls on a reserved (partial) section like last time?

Interested, trying to get the family to make the NYC trip, 50/50 atm.

Quick question. For a match in neutral territory like this with likely not a lot of attendance, I'm going to assume a supporters section won't be organized officially, right? It'll be just easier for people to walk on over and congregate behind one of the goals? Maybe informally discuss which section in this thread or the match thread or something? Just asking in advance, thanks.

On 6/13/2017 at 8:31 PM, Yohan said:

Anyone want to do an epic road trip of all 3 games? I have a car. You must know how to drive stick...

I once drove from Burnaby to Las Vegas in the summer. Pro tip if you plan on driving for tens of hours through the States in July: make sure the A/C in your car is incredible.

Gold Cup/NWSL itinerary:

Jul 6 - Arrive Harrison, NJ, July 7 Can vs French Guiana

Jul 8 - Arrive Houston, Houston Dash vs Portland Thorns

July 11 Can vs Costa Rica

July ? Arrive Dallas (Frisco), July 14 Can vs Honduras

July 15 Arrive Houston, Houston Dash vs Washington Spirit

July 16 Arrive home or elsewhere