On 2017-06-20 at 8:13 AM, Mapleblood said:

Gold Cup/NWSL itinerary:

Jul 6 - Arrive Harrison, NJ, July 7 Can vs French Guiana

Jul 8 - Arrive Houston, Houston Dash vs Portland Thorns

July 11 Can vs Costa Rica

July ? Arrive Dallas (Frisco), July 14 Can vs Honduras

July 15 Arrive Houston, Houston Dash vs Washington Spirit

July 16 Arrive home or elsewhere

I'm assuming Mike is joining you. You lucky guys. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rob.notenboom said:

I'm assuming Mike is joining you. You lucky guys. 

Yes, I am. This will be version 2.0 of the Edmonton Voyageurs on Tour Gold Cup 2015. Steven (Mapleblood) and I are on the same flights and will be sharing an AirBNB condo in downtown Houston a few blocks from BBVA Compass Stadium from July 8th through the 12th. Since we have a bit of room to entertain we could offer this up as a Voyageurs meet up spot (V's central in Houston) for others that are in town. Not looking for any couch surfers or out of hand partiers. On the 13th we head out towards Dallas/Frisco via rental car (maybe a mid life crisis car like a Challenger R/T or a Shelby Mustang :o)  and will head back to Houston on the 15th.

Having a bit of experience with Houston and pregame pub locations, I highly recommend Lucky's Pub which is a block and a bit from the stadium and a hell of a good bar. When we were there in 2015 the bartender at the back bar was Canadian and a hell of a nice guy who bought us a couple rounds of drinks.

http://luckyspub.com/locations/downtown/

Another good place to stop in is the Flying Saucer which is a bit more central in downtown Houston.

http://www.beerknurd.com/locations/houston-flying-saucer

What we have not yet done is purchase game tickets and would like to know if there is any kind of a critical mass of Voyageurs forming for any of these games that we can locate close to. Any suggestions would be very welcomed. 

4 hours ago, mrstepp817 said:

The drive from Houston to Dallas is quick and easy...about 4 hrs or so....not much to see on the way except a giant statue of Sam Houston along I-45

@Sport Shaman is acquiring Detroit muscle for the drive.

I will be the Dr. Gonzo to his R. Duke.

22 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

@Mapleblood @Sport Shaman did you buy tickets yet? How about you @Sam ? @ClashCitySoccer ? @admin ?

Let's all try to get tickets together.

@BuzzAndSting are you going?

No, Mapleblood and I have not yet bought tickets as we are trying to figure out where anybody and or everybody else is sitting in Red Bull Arena. The only real idea I had was to follow the lead of elDirty who seems to have local knowledge. He said, "I'm in, my tickets came today (119, Row 3, 20 & 21), we've got the first game (7:00 Kickoff)"

I think tickets in that section but a few rows back were running about $45 US each when I looked yesterday.

1 hour ago, Sport Shaman said:

No, Mapleblood and I have not yet bought tickets as we are trying to figure out where anybody and or everybody else is sitting in Red Bull Arena. The only real idea I had was to follow the lead of elDirty who seems to have local knowledge. He said, "I'm in, my tickets came today (119, Row 3, 20 & 21), we've got the first game (7:00 Kickoff)"

I think tickets in that section but a few rows back were running about $45 US each when I looked yesterday.

Haven't bought either but have 2-6 people interested so happy to settle on that section if others agree

Just now, Sport Shaman said:

"I'm in, my tickets came today (119, Row 3, 20 & 21), we've got the first game (7:00 Kickoff)"

I'd agree to Section 119 if others like that. @Sam does that work for you?

To be close to @elDirty we can get Section 119 Row 9 Seats 18-21 & Row 10 Seats 16 to 21. Thats a block of 10 seats nearby.

Anybody have a better idea?

11 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I'd agree to Section 119 if others like that. @Sam does that work for you?

To be close to @elDirty we can get Section 119 Row 9 Seats 18-21 & Row 10 Seats 16 to 21. Thats a block of 10 seats nearby.

Anybody have a better idea?

That was about as good as I could come up with. Row 9 and or Row 10 right on the aisle (Seat 21). If there is abetter plan, let's hear it. 

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Ok I guess that I will buy tonight then when I get home from work.

Well I think we have settled it then. At Red Bull Arena we will go with Section 119 in Row 9 and 10. In Houston we will buy tickets near Edwin in Section 129 probably Row 2. Is anyone else going to Game 3 in Frisco?

2 hours ago, Sport Shaman said:

Well I think we have settled it then. At Red Bull Arena we will go with Section 119 in Row 9 and 10. In Houston we will buy tickets near Edwin in Section 129 probably Row 2. Is anyone else going to Game 3 in Frisco?

Mike, just bought my ticket - Section 129 Row B Seat 1.   

2 hours ago, Sport Shaman said:

Just bought tickets for Red Bull Arena. Picked up for Mapleblood, myself and his friend in New Jersey. Still tickets on that side of the section in Row 9 and 10. 

SEC119
Row10
Seat 19-21

EDIT: JUST bought SEC119 Row10 Seats 16, 17, 18. We are right beside you!

One ticket for @Trillium (Doug), one for myself & one for @admin (Jamie).

Jamie said he may not be able to make it and if he can't someone else can claim the tickets. (about $54 USD after taxes and fees).

@goleafs67 @Yohan @Sam @ClashCitySoccer if any of you haven't bought tickets, claim the section right in front of us: Section 119 Row 9, Seats, 18, 19, 20, 21.

On 6/24/2017 at 6:01 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

@goleafs67 @Yohan @Sam @ClashCitySoccer if any of you haven't bought tickets, claim the section right in front of us: Section 119 Row 9, Seats, 18, 19, 20, 21.

Thanks @Olympique_de_Marseille. Waiting on confirm from others in my group; may end up just being me so could grab Jamie's ticket (if available) or buy a single in that case. Will let you know when settled on my end.

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 9:51 AM, Mapleblood said:

The Highway Star has been acquired and hired for the Houston to Frisco pilgrimage. The canoe for these Voyageurs will be a 2015 Camaro SS (Sport Shaman) Edition that appears to be finished in the Allez Les Rouges paint code.

https://turo.com/rentals/cars/tx/houston/chevrolet-camaro/167833?s=H-3Ydyws

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 0:29 PM, Sport Shaman said:

How come nobody wants to go to Frisco; there will be thousands and thousands of Hondurans there!!!  Come and tell them in person how you feel; it should be a great time!!

29 minutes ago, Sport Shaman said:

How come nobody wants to go to Frisco; there will be thousands and thousands of Hondurans there!!!  Come and tell them in person how you feel; it should be a great time!!

I've been to Texas twice in my life. The first time to San Antonio in March. Lovely city, great food, great people.

The second time was Fort Worth in July. It was over 40 degrees with 80% humidity, the steering wheel in my car partially melted, and I was damn near eaten alive by mosquitoes. 

I think I'll hold off on anymore summer trips to Texas.

Archived