2017 Toronto FC season (aka the 2017 MLS Cup clinching thread)

shermanator

14 hours ago, Free kick said:

Of course, there is a fine line to everything, i am not suggesting applauding a turn over machine.  And i am all for calling out errors that derived from the lacking in fundamentals or lacking in effort.  But I still think the eye test is the best indicator over any kind of player rating.

I guess the point of the Opta is to provide some kind of level of objectivity in measuring performance but when you see a stat like that (Morrow's mega-negative rating) you have to wonder how flawed it is and whether there is still some subjectivity in play as to who determines the objective criteria and how many points they are worth. Seattle created nothing and nobody beat anybody one by one, he didn't give the ball away or pick up any yellow cards nor was he responsible for any goals against and he made a key pass in the chain leading up to the goal so how he objectively finishes with a negative 147 and the worst rating on the day for either team is beyond me.

Of course, the subjective player ratings are also flawed (the only one I've seen is from the MLS website, where they gave Vazquez lowest mark of all the TFC players, including the subs, which is also pretty mystifying) - but at least with those kind of ratings they aren't pretending that it's objective!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must-see interview with Osorio with lots of laughter, some soul-bearing moments, Gold Cup discussion and a passionate debate with members of the media over who did the worse Viking Clap, Greg Vanney or Ashtone Morgan...

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2017/12/14/will-be-one-biggest-points-canadian-soccer-history-sure-jonathan-osorio?autoplay=true

2 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Must-see interview with Osorio with lots of laughter, some soul-bearing moments, Gold Cup discussion and a passionate debate with members of the media over who did the worse Viking Clap, Greg Vanney or Ashtone Morgan...

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2017/12/14/will-be-one-biggest-points-canadian-soccer-history-sure-jonathan-osorio?autoplay=true

And a clear dig at Zambrano for what he felt was a lack of justified playing time at the Gold Cup. Odd he would bring that up so openly.

On 2017-12-11 at 1:33 PM, Yohan said:

https://twitter.com/TSN_Sports/status/940288167181275136/video/1

Drunk Altidore throwing some barbs at IMFC. funny (well, to me) 

Always knew he was a little princess w lots of insecurities. Now add drunk. Wasn't Montreal the only team to beat TFC at home during the regular season with a 5 goal smack down this year? Not to mention always having Dave Gander give red cards to Bernier ain't bad either. 

8 minutes ago, Moldy9 said:

Always knew he was a little princess w lots of insecurities. Now add drunk. Wasn't Montreal the only team to beat TFC at home during the regular season with a 5 goal smack down this year? Not to mention always having Dave Gander give red cards to Bernier ain't bad either. 

Wasn't Montreal the only Canadian team to not make the playoffs?

02-troll-face.w1200.h630.jpg

3 hours ago, jpg75 said:

Wasn't Montreal the only Canadian team to not make the playoffs?

02-troll-face.w1200.h630.jpg

Yeah Montreal had a shit season. What's your point? How long did it take TFC to make the playoffs? Correct me if I'm wrong didn't Vancouver and Montreal make the playoffs before TFC who had a 5 year head start? 

30 minutes ago, Moldy9 said:

Yeah Montreal had a shit season. What's your point? How long did it take TFC to make the playoffs? Correct me if I'm wrong didn't Vancouver and Montreal make the playoffs before TFC who had a 5 year head start? 

The same point you were making with your Montreal beating TFC comment. 

On 2017-12-14 at 8:20 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

And a clear dig at Zambrano for what he felt was a lack of justified playing time at the Gold Cup. Odd he would bring that up so openly.

That was one of the few mistakes Octavio made not giving Osorio more minutes

other mistakes were replacing Edwards with  Larin And starting him over Cavallini 

also not giving Ricketts more minutes 

On 12/17/2017 at 4:37 PM, Moldy9 said:

I'm looking forward to buying the commemorative scarf for Montreal's win over TFC this year.

On 12/17/2017 at 4:37 PM, Moldy9 said:

So with that argument Vancouver and Montreal had a head start in the playoffs ;) 

Archived