Fledging CanPL supporters group in Halifax

garmc

So with the recent news of Sports and Entertainment Atlantic pursuing a CPL franchise (which includes building an 8k stadium in downtown Halifax) an initiative has begun to create a supporters group in Halifax.

It just began last night so it's the start uppiest of start ups. 

Please give them a follow on Twitter (@Wanderers_SG) and join the conversation. 

There's also a Facebook group up and running

https://m.facebook.com/groups/341036926255031

Here's to Halifax in the CPL!

11 minutes ago, PhillyCanuck said:

Saw that earlier, encouraging news. They sound pretty preliminary though, have to think this team is further out than 2018

Derek Martin from Sports & Entertainment Atlantic appeared on CBC News in Halifax tonight to discuss the prospect of professional soccer in Halifax. It seems as though he has given a lot of thought towards the viability of a downtown stadium and whether or not Halifax is capable of supporting a CPL team. To watch his interview, click on the link below and scroll over to 0:52:00. The interview runs from 0:52 to 0:55.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/play/828468803663

10 hours ago, PhillyCanuck said:

Derek Martin from Sports & Entertainment Atlantic appeared on CBC News in Halifax tonight to discuss the prospect of professional soccer in Halifax. It seems as though he has given a lot of thought towards the viability of a downtown stadium and whether or not Halifax is capable of supporting a CPL team. To watch his interview, click on the link below and scroll over to 0:52:00. The interview runs from 0:52 to 0:55.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/play/828468803663

Very interesting to hear him referencing the TFC/Impact playoff run. That must be such a talking point for Paul Beirne as he's travelling around the country. 

I'm not really able to do it anymore, but made a bunch of these for edmonton, it's pretty easy if your city has access to a maker space

I'd be willing to make a bunch for halifax(thousands) but won't be able to do it right away.

If anyone has a maker space in their city, I can walk you through the process.  I'll be down in edmonton soon and i'll look into if this is an option while i'm there.

1HBcq5N.png

apparently the best place to leave them is above urinals as you have a captive audience and apparently those urinal adverts are extremely cost-effective.

edit: you can't really tell the size from this pic but they're about 2 inches long

1 hour ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

Alan would be Ante's brother?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ante_Jazić

This suggests that TFC/MLS are on board with the whole CPL thing to a certain extent?

Why? Does Alan have anything to do with TFC? Ante is from Nova Scotia, does his brother still live there? Who is this Durty Nelly person and/or thing? Also Halifax based or a hint at another location?

Ante Jazic is a former CMNT player from the Halifax area, while Alan Jazic appears to be the coach of the Dalhousie Tigers and I think Durty Nelly is a top amateur soccer team in Halifax that is sponsored by a pub of the same name. Sports and Entertainment Atlantic are the group that was reported to be interested in starting a CPL team in Halifax.

Yeah, the Jazics have nothing to do with TFC. They're both Halifax guys. Ante, like already mentioned is a former CMNT player and MLS player (Galaxy and Chivas) who retired in 2012.

Alan, I think is his brother, and is the coach of Dalhousie University's men's team. 

I would have to assume that the Durty Nelly's Paul mentioned is the pub, and not the minor soccer team. ( He specifically mentioned "Joe" but I have no idea who that is)

To me this seems like some kind of celebration type deal. I think Halifax to CPL might be further along than we realize. 

Archived