Canadians abroad: September 23-29, 2016

Ruffian

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Fastfeet2 said:

Assuming he doesnt make a national appearance before then correct?

Doneil is on the bench for AC Horsens 

It has nothing to do with playing for the national team. International transfers for players under the age of 18 are banned by FIFA.

2 hours ago, Fastfeet2 said:

Both played the full 90 minutes. Cant imagine Davies will be playing in North America beyond next season. 

Davies still has a lot to learn. Would be best for him to stay in MLS and become a proven player here before he moves on. The kid has tons of potential. 

6 minutes ago, Vince193 said:

I don't get exactly what you are saying, but FIFA states for a player to transfer out of a country, he needs to be 18.

I was under the impression Martin Odegaard was able to join Real because he had made senior norway appearances. Do you know if the rule is different for european based players?

Austrian 3rd tier - Sep 24

Marin Perić started and played 75 minutes for Allerheiligen in a 3-0 loss away to Gurten.

Sep 25 - Polish 4th tier

Maksym Kowal came on in the 72nd minute for ŁKS Łódź in a 2-0 win vs Sokół Aleksandrów Łódzki.

3 hours ago, Fastfeet2 said:

I was under the impression Martin Odegaard was able to join Real because he had made senior norway appearances. Do you know if the rule is different for european based players?

EU citizens may transfer within the EU at 16. Everyone else has to wait until 18.

On 25/9/2016 at 5:18 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Sam Piette is starting for Izarra at Pontevedra, the game is on TVG, they go from this to another match with Gallego teams, but you get long stretches of his match. 0-0 m. 20.

http://www.crtvg.es/tvg/tvg-en-directo

It's in Gallego, in case you think that is a very odd Spanish you are hearing.

They lost 2-0, Sam played 90, they are still fifth in the table and called by the press the "revelation" team in their division.

On 25/9/2016 at 5:59 PM, shermanator said:

Personally, I think staying in MLS for another 2 full seasons is a good move for Davies. He's shown flashes, but is still very raw. The best comparison I've read is that he looks like a "young Kekuta Manneh".

Plus, $63K USD isn't a bad salary for a 15 year old!

If I could convince Barça to sign him, I'd be glad to see him here tomorrow. I think he'd actually hold his own, though playing u-19s and probably not making anything substantial.

He'd also develop properly, which we dont know will happen at WCFC

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

If I could convince Barça to sign him, I'd be glad to see him here tomorrow. I think he'd actually hold his own, though playing u-19s and probably not making anything substantial.

He'd also develop properly, which we dont know will happen at WCFC

Haha I'd take that too.

Seems like Henry got some playing time with AC Horsens' youth team.. I think

http://hsfo.dk/article/20160927/ARTIKLER/160929261/1119&source=RSS

Translation:

AC Horsens used reserve team match against AGF for the first time to test Doneil Henry hired for the rest of 20116 at West Ham, and the game revealed that AC Horsens has a strong suitor for a place in the starting line-up.

Doneil Henry conducted with his colleagues, won his duels and was clearly a level above its direct opponents on a young AGF personnel.

- It looked very promising. We've got a good alternative, concluded the AC coach Carsten Andersen.

- Doneil Henry was very calm on the ball and very strong in duels. It was good to see him in a match. It provides something other than our training, said Carsten Andersen.

It's not easy to go into a central defense and Doneil Henry will need support when he is in action in the Super League. If his first match could be with Mathias Nielsen as a partner, it will be well spent.

- Things must be matched 100 percent. in the Super League, otherwise punish opponents, says Carsten Andersen.

Running out of steam
Doneil Henry has not played matches in a while, and towards the end of the confrontation could see that it started to pinch with the forces.

The match was a very målrig affair. Kjartan Finnbogason opened målfesten when he after two riposter fired into the net in the third AC-trial near the goal.

AGF tying the score at 1-1 on a penalty committed by Thomas Kortegaard. AC Horsens came ahead 2-1 when Jeppe Mehl was fastest of a rebound after a free kick from Mikkel Jespersen.

In the second half got AGF too easily equalized and then scored 3-2. AC Horsens players were punished for being too passive.

The home side fought back when Jeppe Mehl won himself a penalty. Kjartan Finnbogasons attempt was beaten up at the bar, but the return ball was sent into the net by the attacker.

Kjartan as villain
He should have scored 4-3 as he was shortly after the game completely free, to the finishing shot hit the bar.

Instead ran AGF victory. AC's left defense kept open house, and the naive defending was punished with the goal to 4-3.

- We do not get many points when we play that way. The last five minutes hurt. We should even have scored, and instead ran AGF victory, sighed Carsten Andersen.

- Our reserve team matches are going better and better, but lacking the last 10-15 per cent., Because the words are only reserve team matches, said Carsten Andersen.

Archived