Canada vs Brazil, Saturday June 4th - TORONTO

Here's Brazil's line-up. CBF is local players training with the federation if I undrestand well. 

Goalkeepers

Bárbara - CBF

Luciana - CBF

Centre Backs

Bruna Benites - CBF

Rafaelle - Changchdalian Quanjian

Mônica - Orlando City

Érika - PSG

Fullbacks

Fabiana - Dalian Quanjian

Tamires - Fortuna Hjorring

Poliana - Houston Dash

Midfielders

Thaisa - CBF

Formiga - CBF

Maurine - CBF

Andressinha - Houston Dash

Marta - FC Rosengard

Andressa Alves - Montepellier

Forwards

Debinha - Dalian Quanjian

Raquel - Changchdalian Quanjian

Darlene - Changchdalian Quanjian

Bia Zaneratto - Hyundai Steel Red Angels

Cristiane - PSG

Is it just me or does the HedgeSnog look fixated with deVo?

Fresh faces headline Canada's women's soccer roster

Canada will field some fresh faces in their quest for gold at the Rio Olympics and it will have a difficult act to follow after achieving bronze in 2012. Jennifer Hedger and Jason deVos break down the challenge that is ahead of Canada.

John Molinaro with his take on the match. "Rusty". http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/canadian-women-look-rusty-friendly-loss-brazil/

Yeahhhhhh ok just say it as is. Far too kind with that assessment. The fact of the matter is Sinclair is getting old/slow, and the traditional powerhouse soccer countries of the world have not only caught up but are passing and are way ahead of Canada. Eventually the women's program will be almost as "good" as the men. They don't have the imagination, the vision, the skill or creativity. They missed plenty of opportunities to push forward instead they were slow and predictable and made lots of giveaways. I'm sorry that stuff can't be taught once at the national level. 

I agree John's take was surprisingly too kind - if this was the men, he would have taken them apart especially if Osorio wasn't on the team.

But Moldy9, your take is so predictable. Countries passing us mantra has been said for a decade. Our average ranking has been 9 since FIFA rankings started, best was 7 and we're at 10 now. So, nothing really has changed.

My take is that this was a bad showing especially defensively but given the mostly solid performances so far this year, I'll wait on Tuesday to see if this was an outlier.

Rose & Lawrence were decent. Labbe was a worry going into the match and she didn't do anything to allay those fears. Buchanan had her worst match that I have ever seen her play. Sinclair can be excused since she is playing into form coming off injury. No future Sinclairs were on display. Otherwise, everybody else was meh.

Brasil was quite organized, looked good defensively. goalkeeper was in command and only showed a couple of flashes of offensive thrust. In a way, they played like Canada.

Never been and never will be a Herdman Fan . The man is a con and the CSA is buying it .

Nothing accomplished under his helm except a bunch of PR BS rolling from his mouth . 

Lets hope by September he is unemployed ! for the sake of future generations 

On 6/4/2016 at 4:22 PM, 1996 said:

Looks like they took out even the temporary small stands in the north end  that have been there for the recent TFC home games, that north end looks even emptier now.

And put in the artificial strip in the South as well. It's all prepping for the gridiron game this weekend.

The turnout for this game was insane. I'm glad so many first timers came out and I hope they enjoy some Toronto FC games in future or better still get together and watch the Girls when they go to Rio.

I think you're being too hard on Chapman.  I've been watching the NWSL, and she doesn't do that regularly there.  It was a fluke, and nothing to base a judgement of her or the whole Canadian program on.  Sometimes things go wrong and you fall on your arse; the main thing is not to take it too seriously.

Archived