France vs Canada April 9th (in Bondoufle -suburb of Paris)

edf-canada-bondoufle.jpg

3pm Eastern 9pm local

http://www.fff.fr/actualites/145344-553961-la-france-accueillera-le-canada

http://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-wnt-to-visit-france-for-april-international-friendly-p157414

http://fcfjuvisy.fr/mod-news/y:2015/m:02/id:158/l-equipe-de-france-feminine-a-bondoufle.htm

EDIT:Ticket info now in a post further down.

EDIT 2: Driving directions to the stadium

http://www.athle.com/pdf/acces_bondoufle.pdf

Question to all of those knowledgeable about Paris &/or good at finding info online:

If I arrive at Gare Du Nord at 19h19, approx when will I arrive at closest RER station to the stadium (Évry - Courcouronnes?) (Orangis - Bois de l'Épine?)

How quicly can I cab from from the RER station to the stadium? What would it cost me?

There is a small chance I can make this game.

Gare du Nord to Orangis Bois d'Epine ... 42 minutes time leaves every thirty minutes.

Getting in a 19:19 you would get out by 20:00 worst case getting you south at 20:42, for game time start at 23:00 hours, you would need to cab it from station it does not look walkable based on roadways..overpasses... etc.

9 Euros from Gare Du Nord to Orangis...

http://www.rome2rio.com/s/Gare-du-Nord/Ris-Orangis

Link above shows total transit time of two hours and about 58 bucks for train in total.

ok! I just got my free day approved and take a flight to be in frenchieland at around 4 or 5 pm

Just got the green light as well. Booked my train from Arras to Paris so I'll indeed be at Gare du Nord at 7:19pm. This leaves me with 1 hour and 30min to get to the game. I'll PM you soon enough to make plans if you're up for it, but I wanted to make a public post in case anybody else wishes to join us!

Ticket info is now up:

https://billetterie.fff.fr/sites/ap2s-fff-front.as2.io/files/fff/match/files/CP%20BILLETTERIE%20FRANCE%20CANADA%20-%2030012015.pdf

Tickets are on sale on February 16th at 10am France time, 4am EST.

The pre-sale is own right now for  fff.fr members

Cant say I am not jealous.  This will be a great game to watch.  My money is on France to win this tournament.

so after spamming Olympique_de_Marseilles mailbox here, I gotta say it`s pretty difficult to get to that bondoufle stadium thingy. still got to book the flight, get the confirmation of the room, all while waiting for my friend to reply, if she comes with us, cause then i will know, if i  have to rent a car or not.. why do they have to play THERE at that ridiculous time?! hard to get there, or better said, getting back to paris after the game..

and: after seeing the US-France game, I  gotta admit.. I am scared of those frenchies. they will crush the canadians in april. I hope not..

Still waiting on an answer from the fff.fr (Juvisy has been no help so far) for what section is best for us (North Side stands or South side ). Once I get an answer I`ll get tickets for deadlynx and myself.

Anybody else who may want to go, use promo code "Canada2015" until March 1st for 30% off tickets on the fff.fr 

• 1 month later...

France's roster for the friendly with Canada:

Forwards:     Le Sommer, Thiney, Delie, Diani, Le Bihan

Midfielders:   Abily, Henry, Thomis, Lavogez, Dali, Bussaglia,Hamraoui,Toletti, Kaci

Defenders:   Renard, Georges,Delannoy,Butel,Boulleau,Majri,   Mbock Bathy Nka

Keepers:      Bouhaddi, Gerard,Deville

Comments:

Forwards. Playing the 4-4-2, France have been regularly starting Eugenie Le Sommer with either Marie Laure Delie or with Gaetane Thiney. Young forwards like Diani and Le Bihan are getting some minutes off the bench.

Midfielders. Even though Louisa Necib is out of the line up with an injury, Les Bleues are very deep with midfielders. In the middle (the double pivot) Camille Abily is usually paired up with veteran midfielder Elise Bussaglia, but recently, Abily is now being paired up with 25 year old Amandine Henry, who some are calling the best defensive midfielder in the women's game. In France's victory over the USA , February 2015,  Henry picked apart  US midfielders Lauren Holiday and Morgan Brian AND got an assist on France's second goal of the game. On the midfield wings, Elodie Thomis is being paired with either 23 year old Kenza Dali or with 20 year old Claire Lavogez.   Dali is having a strong season at PSG with 11 goals in 16 games and she has 2 goals in 8 games for France.  Lavogez had a very successful 2014 U-20 WWC in Canada, where she scored 4 goals in 6 games including one of the highlight reel goals of the tournament.

Defenders. For France, Wendie Renard is a fixture at centerback and she is being paired up with either veteran centerback Laura Georges, or with 28 year old Sabrina Delannoy, or with 23 year old Anaig Butel. ( U-20 Griedge Mbock Bathy Nka is also getting  a small look) But at the moment, France could be a little thin at the fullback positions. Starting right back Jessica Houara will miss the game with Canada because of an injury and starting left back Laure Boulleau's status is unclear. Both the game against Canada and an AFLD hearing concerning Laure Boulleau are scheduled for April 9, 2015. The AFLD is an anti-doping agency that have accused Boulleau of 3 breaches of anti-doping rules and are trying to determine if disciplinary action is required. Boulleau's counsel will be at the hearing but it's uncertain if she has to be. In any event, France will likely shift Delannoy to right back to replace Houara. Should Boulleau miss the game with Canada, France can play Amel Majri-- Majri is a 22 year old leftback who has 11 goals in 22 games for Olympique Lyon and 1 goal in 3 games for France.

Possible formation for Les Bleues:

Thiney                        Le Sommer

Lavogez                                                                        Thomis

Henry                          Abily

Boulleau         Renard                  Georges                  Delannoy

Bouhaddi

Overall, most of the French roster are in their prime. Fifteen of the French  players are between the ages of 23 to 29 years old and only two players are 30 years old: Camille Abily and Laura Georges. Given that the teams that typically win the 'big tournaments' tend to be in their mid to late 20s, the window for France to win something is now,  in this cycle ( 2015 WWC, 2016 Rio Olympics, 2017 Euros). After this cycle, their core will start to get old.

Reminded of the Portuguese men who won a world youth but never got it done as seniors.  

The French have put together a well-balanced team to win the Cup.  They're very strong down the middle but nothing special wide and they usually have questionable keeping.  I didn't see it but the word was Bouhaddi played a gem against the Americans, if she's on form it could be the difference maker this summer.  If not ...

It was a fun game. Glad I managed to make it to this far-flung suburb of Paris in time to attend. Thanks to deadlynx(Chrissie) for organising the car rental. I'm sorry you didn't managed to meet Moscato after the game due to overzealous stadium security kicking all the fans out very quickly after the final whistle.

We were loud and proud! 

Highlights from fff.fr :

Highlights from the CSA:

John Herdman Interview:

Desiree Scott interview:

Just looking at the lineup and watching the highlights, I'm likin' what I'm seein'.  They had the kids out in the first half and the vets subbed in for the second.  Schmidt as a forward is very interesting and it's nice to have Belanger around. I've been a fan of hers since that tournament we won in Brasil (Torneio Internacional Cidade de São Paulo 2010) and she was da bomb in hostile territory.

Prior to her comeback, Josee Belanger only played for CANWNT for one calendar year (2010). Back then, her numbers were impressive: 5 goals, and 1 assist in 10 games played. John Herdman cites this past high productivity as the main reason why he asked her to make a comeback. But since her return  in January 2014, Josee Belanger has only 1 assist in 19 games played for Canada ( she really has 2 assists but she's still only credited with 1 assist). To be fair to her, she's putting in a hard effort and she's running really well.  But overall, she hasn't been an effective attacker.

Prior to her comeback, Josee Belanger only played for CANWNT for one calendar year (2010). Back then, her numbers were impressive: 5 goals, and 1 assist in 10 games played. John Herdman cites this past high productivity as the main reason why he asked her to make a comeback. But since her return  in January 2014, Josee Belanger has only 1 assist in 19 games played for Canada ( she really has 2 assists but she's still only credited with 1 assist). To be fair to her, she's putting in a hard effort and she's running really well.  But overall, she hasn't been an effective attacker.

Pretty much the whole team, including Sinclair, has been pretty dry in that time.  Schmidt was getting chances and potting a few, but she seems to have been the exception.  Rather than look at Belanger's point totals alone, I think it makes sense to ask if the whole team is more dangerous offensively when she's playing.  I'm leaning to an answer of yes for that.

Archived