The End of the NDS Reign of Incompetence

Grizzly

While it seems like a positive that De Santis is out, what has Klopas shown to make it seem like he is the answer?

EH, I was at the game on Saturday (first ever MLS game - nice stadium) and Montreal were truly woeful. 

Absolutely no imagination in the attacking third, seemingly devoid of creativity in or around the box and that back four was slower than a week in jail.  And the number of passes from the defenders that found a red shirt to create a TFC counter-attack was shocking; basic skills not being done has to be a major worry.

Klopas has his work cut out to get this squad/team back in order.

I don't think that Klopas has a job for life like de Santis.

No, I don't think so too, it just seems like he came out of this with a promotion, but I'm not sure why.  Maybe there's something I'm missing though.

It seems like there is a decent chance that that this will get worse before it gets better.

No, I don't think so too, it just seems like he came out of this with a promotion, but I'm not sure why.  Maybe there's something I'm missing though.

He has the same role and the same title. The difference now is that he doesn't have de Santis lurking around.

While it seems like a positive that De Santis is out, what has Klopas shown to make it seem like he is the answer?

he's better by simply not being NDS lol

I don't think Klopas is a huge improvement, but at least he knows the league better than NDS. I have a suspicious feeling that he's the one behind McInerney/Wenger trade, though that may turn out to be nothing if McInerney does not re-sign with Mtl. Klopas right now has crap on the roster. It will go bad for Mtl before it gets better. But hey, Mtl will have a good shot at Cyle Larin if Orlando or NYCFC doesn't take him in the draft.

From what i've seen of him here, as well as in Chicago, Klopas is a much better GM than he is Coach. Jackmack has been an excellent addition, and Dilly Duka has impressed as well. I would have no problem with him being involved technically for the long term.

But his in game decision making, as well as his game to game tactics seem awful. 

Saputo said he has the GM job for the rest of the year and the coach job till end of 2015, but i'd much rather see the opposite honestly.

“My objective is to go to Canada, make a good impression, and then see if there's possibilities in the United States,” Piatti said. “I’d like to play for New York or Miami.”

What a moron.. I'm sure those clubs have bigger fish to fry unless he becomes a non-DP.

Too be fair, how many players come to MLS and say they want to use it as a stepping stone to Europe? No one seems to be upset with that...

How old are those players when they say those things?  

This incident is different case where you got 29 year old player who just signed 3 year contract worth millions (how many European clubs are going to pay that much money?) who said he's hoping to play for your rivals/competition in the future and using your club as stepping stone.  

It's very insulting comment makes me question Piatti's IQ and common sense.   

At the very least it's not very wise from a PR-standpoint. He'd better play well from the getgo or this will come right back in his face.

Btw compare this with Morales' quote recently. Big up the league/club/country you play in / at, it's not that difficult.

• 4 weeks later...

In addition to announcing the USL team, Saputo announced his buddy/employee for life is back involved in a sports management position despite promising us his role would be administrative. This is a disgraceful and totally corrupt manner in which to run a team. His new role is as direction of development for international affairs which means he will develop relationships with teams, agents and players around the world. In other words he will be an assistant manager with a complicated title to try and hide that fact.

Le propriétaire et président de l’Impact a aussi annoncé que l'ancien directeur sportif, Nick De Santis, sera le directeur du développement des affaires internationales dans le but de développer des relations avec les équipes, agents et joueurs à travers le monde.

http://www.rds.ca/soccer/impact/nouveau-complexe-et-nouvelle-équipe-1.1339844

Have to disagree with you there. I think this is a decent move.

I see him as a glorified international scout with added bizdev responsibilities, which is one of the few things he's any good at.

From my interpretation, he will have no input on 1st team roster management and training. and no authority over and academy stuff nor domestic scouting.

I still see this as Klopas and Jordan's team, NDS is just the guy making the international deals, which he has proved himself with.

Fred Lord asked a great question about Hierarchies, and Joey gave an answer that disappointed me. He said NDS, the 3 new executives, Klopas and Legendre all directly report to him. I would have preferred that NDS report to Klopas, but this is a level of cronyism that I am willing to tolerate, especially given the business development aspect of his new job.

"Have to disagree with you there. I think this is a decent move.

I see him as a glorified international scout with added bizdev responsibilities, which is one of the few things he's any good at.

Fred Lord asked a great question about Hierarchies, and Joey gave an answer that disappointed me. He said NDS, the 3 new executives, Klopas and Legendre all directly report to him. I would have preferred that NDS report to Klopas, but this is a level of cronyism that I am willing to tolerate, especially given the business development aspect of his new job."

So Joey signs off on his travel claims ?

Archived