Montreal U-20 Game

Sam

We will meet at Brasserie 99 at 5 pm. We will leave at 6 to go to the game and buy tickets. Once we are at the ticket booth we will try to choose a section that will fit our needs. Anyone that can't make the meetup at 99 can contact me at 514-713-0810. Here are the directions to 99, a 5 minute walk from the Pie IX metro station: http://www.arrondissement.com/montreal/brasserie99

I don't have a whole lot of interest in the first game. I'd rather drink beforehand at Bar 99. 

I completely understand wanting to focus on the Canada game and all the pre-match festivities that go with it but; if you are taking in this tournament to see some of the best U-20 Women's soccer, the Germany-Brazil game should be a classic. Both teams tied China and both teams played close competitive matches with the USA so they should match up well. Germany in particular is a delight to watch; notwithstanding the sloppy defensive play against China during the shooting gallery at the Commonwealth Corral 

Just spoke with representative of the CSA and they are making a very good deal for us regarding the section we will be sitting in, ticket price and having it designated as a supporters section. Can't say too much about the details until the bar tomorrow but everyone should be happy with it.

Sportsnet has Real Madrid v. Sevilla.

The different versions of Eurosport are showing the games.  I know British Eurosport has the other three games today:  135 minutes of Brazil v. Germany, 45 minutes of USA v. China, and 135 minutes of Ghana v. Finland.  They will air the full Canada game at 9:00am tomorrow morning GMT on Eurosport 2.

Pretty random you can watch them overseas but not in Canada.

The supporters section is shaping up well thanks to a nice albeit late intervention by the CSA. All of section 107 will be designated supporters section. Flags with PVC pole and drums are welcome. If anyone else in Montreal is interested in attending contact me here or show up at 99 before 6 pm.

The supporters section is shaping up well thanks to a nice albeit late intervention by the CSA. All of section 107 will be designated supporters section. Flags with PVC pole and drums are welcome. If anyone else in Montreal is interested in attending contact me here or show up at 99 before 6 pm.

Here's hoping they can help us out next year as well.

Just spoke with representative of the CSA and they are making a very good deal for us regarding the section we will be sitting in, ticket price and having it designated as a supporters section. Can't say too much about the details until the bar tomorrow but everyone should be happy with it.

I just had a similar conversation with a CSA representative with respect to the supporter's section in Edmonton for August 16th. Very good news with respect to designated section and ticket costs. Check the Edmonton game thread for details.

Better crowd than I expected. Much better game than I expected. Thanks to Grizzly for handling a relatively smooth last-minute organization.

See you in Edmonton!

Are you able to arrange to bring any of the large banners from the Voyageurs stash??  Contact me by PM for tickets; similar to the Grizzly system. 

Archived