Montreal U-20 Game

Sam

So there are a couple of us going to the Montreal U-20 WWC on August 12th and in the interest of buying tickets together I was wondering what our numbers are like. 

So far I the only ones I know we have for sure are:

Sam

Tuscan

Greyson

Lord Bob

Blackdude

Olympique_de_Marseille

Let me know if anyone else either on the forum or not is planning on coming and we'll see what to do about a section! 

Heard anything from anyone else? I know there are other Montreal Vees! This is looking like it could be a pretty small group. 

There are definitely others in Montreal interested in attending the game in a supporters section. Unfortunately the organizers of the tournament in both Montreal and Toronto have not been interested in working with the Voyageurs at all. (This is not the CSA, rather the local organizers working for FIFA). In Montreal at least we have the advantage that Olympic stadium is very big so if we can not make arrangements with the organizers (which appears like it will be the case) we can probably just find a section that is mostly empty and make it our section. 

So Grizzly suggested the first few rows of 152 is everyone okay with this?

Looking at a picture somebody took in the big O, those seats actually look sort of terrible. I've never been though.

For that price, since we aren't that many, I'd much rather take up what's left of 113. If we buy the tickets in multiples of 4 we can get them for $22 each.

I suggested 152 not because they are great seats but because hardly any of the seats have been bought in that section and the ticket price is reasonable. The idea is not just to sit together but to try and have some sort of Voyageurs supporters section where we can buy the front rows and not have many people behind us. There are a couple of other possible sections with better seats and fairly empty if we are willing to pay a bit more (120, 144, 146). The other option is to go on the upper deck (201, 203) at the end which are the cheapest seats and there are very few people but of course we would be far from the pitch or being able to influence people to sing (which we may not be able to do wherever we sit). I suspect any section like 113 that has a lot of tickets purchased already will not be possible for us to stand in, sing or wave flags etc. 

On the other hand I do have my doubts whether it is worthwhile trying to arrange a supporters section. Our numbers will be small and the organizers have not been helpful at all in arranging things. I have the impression that this event is being run for girls soccer teams and their families to attend and the Voyageurs are not really wanted there anyway. But I think if we are going to make the effort of organizing something then we should try to make a proper supporters section even if the seats are not the greatest.

Ok, 152 it is!

Does one person buy to get the discount or should we buy our own?

I can buy four tickets if three people want to pay me back...

I don't think we'll be able to get the discount. We need to be 21+. We are 7. I know Grizzly is coming, and I know that he was talking to Ultras/others wanting to go. I don't expect more than 10 from those numbers, to be fair.

Hey, is ticketmaster the only way to buy tickets?

Is there any way to get around their fees? Do you have to pay them at the gate boxoffice as well?

I'm trying to come with a decent group of people, and some are really price sensitive about this.

Hey, is ticketmaster the only way to buy tickets?

Is there any way to get around their fees? Do you have to pay them at the gate boxoffice as well?

I'm trying to come with a decent group of people, and some are really price sensitive about this.

You can buy them at the Big O boxoffiice. Usually, they have lower fees around $3 or so.

So WTF are we doing for Tuesday in Montreal. This is a must win.

I would rather pay more and not be in 152; we didn't have our own section in BMO Filed (their were Ghana supporters in 113), but we were close to the pitch and had lots of fun.

It doesn't matter if we are obnoxious and annoy some people. What say ye fellow Voyageurs?

Ticketmaster is showing most sections including 152 now with a lot of tickets bought in them so that is no longer an option. I find it hard to believe they have sold anywhere near the amount of tickets that Ticketmaster is showing sold. If they have they must have sold them really cheap or given them away to soccer groups in which case there will be massive amounts of cheap tickets available from scalpers. Some sections may just be blocked for sale for whatever reason. The only sections with seats near the front are 146 and 144 according to ticket master. They are pretty reasonably priced at $25 but there is a massive Ticketmaster fee tacked on.

To be honest there has not been nearly enough interest shown on the forum to really make it possible to organize a section. 3 or 4 guys posting every week or 2 does not allow anyone to organize things properly. What I think is the best solution is that those interested in going to the match meet up at a bar beforehand and we go to the stadium and see where we could get seats to do a supporters section and buy the tickets on the day at the stadium. The other question is do people want to see the earlier game or just go to the Canada match (and drink beforehand)?

Ticketmaster is showing most sections including 152 now with a lot of tickets bought in them so that is no longer an option. I find it hard to believe they have sold anywhere near the amount of tickets that Ticketmaster is showing sold. If they have they must have sold them really cheap or given them away to soccer groups in which case there will be massive amounts of cheap tickets available from scalpers. Some sections may just be blocked for sale for whatever reason. The only sections with seats near the front are 146 and 144 according to ticket master. They are pretty reasonably priced at $25 but there is a massive Ticketmaster fee tacked on.

To be honest there has not been nearly enough interest shown on the forum to really make it possible to organize a section. 3 or 4 guys posting every week or 2 does not allow anyone to organize things properly. What I think is the best solution is that those interested in going to the match meet up at a bar beforehand and we go to the stadium and see where we could get seats to do a supporters section and buy the tickets on the day at the stadium. The other question is do people want to see the earlier game or just go to the Canada match (and drink beforehand)?

I don't have a whole lot of interest in the first game. I'd rather drink beforehand at Bar 99. 

Archived