Sportsnet not broadcasting Edmonton - Ottawa leg?

I cannot imagine... cannot imagine... FC Edmonton or any other team at that level ever making enough bank off broadcasting to cover any sort of costs. Frankly, I expect the Eddies pay a good chunk of the freight for their own coverage. Even in MLS, TV money doesn't amount to much, and that's a league that essentially exists with the sole objective of marketing to suckers.

I cannot imagine... cannot imagine... FC Edmonton or any other team at that level ever making enough bank off broadcasting to cover any sort of costs. Frankly, I expect the Eddies pay a good chunk of the freight for their own coverage. Even in MLS, TV money doesn't amount to much, and that's a league that essentially exists with the sole objective of marketing to suckers.

It would be interesting for sure, to find out.  As for the previous quote I did, it WAS Proudfoot who said it, and the number was 8k fans to break even, I checked.

Well anyway it is done if the CSA does indeed pay to have the game broadcast and streamed online it would be of no cost for a Network in Ottawa or EDM to simulcast that feed for TV at least for the city or Region.

ShawTV is friendly towards broadcasting Western Sports and in the East RogersTV station in ecah city broadcasts a lot of local sports for each city.

So as long as it is paid for I can see either network simulcasting for  the regional fans

Lately at least Rogers does not seem to have too much interest in Canadian Soccer at all. Even their Network split with TSN for MLSE team owned games TFC has several games on the lower 360. They also partner with Quebecor French TVA network but the Impact's only Regional Broadcaster is French TVA and Rogers is not teaming up on this venture.

Archived