Heredia-Impact Wednesday Augsut 21

The game's at 10 Eastern /7 Pacific in Guatemala City.

Heredia have a good start won 2 of their 3 games and their only loss is away to champions Comunicaciones at Comunicaciones' stadium wich happens to be the place where the Impact will play tomorrow.

5 regulars on the Impact didn't make the trip: Bernier, Di Vaio, Ferrari, Mapp and Nesta.

I wonder if the Impact will be able to get the 3 points. I wouldn't be surprised that the Impact failed to win that game with 5 starters resting for the Houston game.

The game's at 10 Eastern /7 Pacific in Guatemala City.

Heredia have a good start won 2 of their 3 games and their only loss is away to champions Comunicaciones at Comunicaciones' stadium wich happens to be the place where the Impact will play tomorrow.

5 regulars on the Impact didn't make the trip: Bernier, Di Vaio, Ferrari, Mapp and Nesta.

I wonder if the Impact will be able to get the 3 points. I wouldn't be surprised that the Impact failed to win that game with 5 starters resting for the Houston game.

I'm a bit worried too, they have two Guat national team members and even if the rest are a bunch of semi pro hacks we'll be in a very hostile stadium, with jet lag, and concacrap reffing.

Matt Jordan, the Impact's director of soccer operations, was Montreal's goalkeeper five years ago, the last time the team took part in the tournament.

He says that planning for the Guatemalan excursion began a couple of months ago.

"We've put a lot of work into preparing for this trip," Jordan said Monday as the Impact practised at Saputo Stadium before its flight. "The club has made a huge commitment to have top level travel for the team. We've hired a private security company, brought our own chef, we've covered all the details from A to Z so the only thing the players have to concentrate on is playing, which is the most important thing."

Security for a travelling team is not a matter taken lightly on a trip to a soccer-mad country with one of the highest violent crime rates in Latin America.

"I think we've covered our bases," Jordan said.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/sports/sports-soccer/story/2013/08/21/sp-concacaf-champions-league-impact-heredia.html

CD Heredia vs. Montreal Impact

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...mpact-concacaf-champions-league-match-preview

Montreal Impact expected to revert back to a 4-1-4-1 formation, With Adrian Lopez aka Piscu expected to make his debut

Nesta, Di Vaio, Ferrari, Bernier and Mapp did not make the trip, and are in Montreal resting for Saturday's easten conference clash against Houston Dynamo.

804309_Montreal_Impact.jpg

Does anyone know when CONCACAF made the decision to move the game to Guatamal City instea of Heridas home ?

I don't know when, but I suspect since it's because their stadium does not meet CONCACAF standards, it would have been understood from the get go.

Does anyone know when CONCACAF made the decision to move the game to Guatamal City instea of Heridas home ?

Shortly after the botched draw. Originally they has proposed Estadio Mateo Flores, which is used for most national team games. The game has sinced been moved to Estadio Cementos Progreso home of Guatemalan champions Comunicaciones.

Expect the stadium to be empty. 300 CD Heredia to make the 4 hour trip. Jeb Brovsky's Peace Pandemic has invited 400 Guatemalan orphans to attend the match. I wouldn't be surprised to see attendance be less than 5000 people.

That was a ****ing disgrace. The problem was not that our players on the pitch were so bad. The problem is you can not play half of our A/B team plus some reserves and a guy who is making his debut with the team together and expect them to play like a team. The problem was not the skill level on the pitch but that the players do not play together and we did not play like a team. We don't bring 5 starters and even then leave some of our best players there on the bench. What kind of management is this? You go to win 6 points in 2 games so maybe the last Champions League game you can rest some players not hope some team made out of A/B/reserve team can win Champions League games. Heredia was a bad team but we were worse and they deserved to win tonight. 100 fans at Frappe tonight and our management disgraced us with their decisions. How could we have not learned from the away game in Toronto? Just because we won 6-0 does not erase the disgrace we had in BMO. So now we have a further disgrace against a team that was predictably a bit better than we expected but nevertheless probably would middle of table in NASL. Thanks Impact management for embarrassing your fans once again!

*Oh yeah, as I always say, we have only one striker that can score/ slash that, only one player that can score. And even if prefer not to play him how can we not bring him to sit on the bench in case we need a goal? And our new signings are good players but how do we expect to do anything in this league with only one goal scorer? If we make the playoffs it will be a quick exit. Mark (Marco :) ) Di Viao and prey on our weak aging defence and it is game over.

I don't know when, but I suspect since it's because their stadium does not meet CONCACAF standards, it would have been understood from the get go.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Estadio_Julian_Tesuc%C3%BAn.jpg

http://twicsy.com/i/tEzxH

This one I am sure would of convinced El Grande to approve the stadia http://digital.nuestrodiario.com/Olive/Ode/NuestroDiario/LandingPage/LandingPage.aspx?href=R05ELzIwMDkvMTEvMTY.&pageno=NDE.&entity=UGMwNDEwMg..&view=ZW50aXR5

And they have played internationals at the stadium... http://www.elportaldepeten.com/v2/index.php/noticias/internacionales/453-seleccion-nacional-enfrentara-a-belice-en-san-jose-peten.html

Archived