CANADA vs Mexico 11July2013 GoldCup (R) 8pm PST

canadianfoot

Dude, I've been following the Nats since 1992. I'm more critical than most about Canada and seems in the last 20 years of following they haven't learned much. I celebrated the 2000 Gold Cup, hoping Canada was turning there program around, but they went back to the same old ****. Its easier to support local MLS teams then the Nats at the moment. I keep hoping there's a light at the end of the tunnel, but I see nothing. We'll see what happens, as I'm really excited about Floro. He's the main reason, I'm following the Nats closely again. Maybe he can mould some players into an effective team.

good for You and Us watch the replay again :) Allez Les Rouges

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ricketts is pointless. Even if he gets the ball in a half decent area he can't do anything with it.

I would play without a striker before we feel forced to put him on the field

Agreed.

Ricketts is classic example of athlete with no soccer skills at all. A typical NA player product who gets picked because he can run fast.

Dude, I've been following the Nats since 1992. I'm more critical than most about Canada and seems in the last 20 years of following they haven't learned much. I celebrated the 2000 Gold Cup, hoping Canada was turning there program around, but they went back to the same old ****. Its easier to support local MLS teams then the Nats at the moment. I keep hoping there's a light at the end of the tunnel, but I see nothing. We'll see what happens, as I'm really excited about Floro. He's the main reason, I'm following the Nats closely again. Maybe he can mould some players into an effective team.

Just curious... Are you from Mexico or a central or South American area? It seems like you support one player from Uruguayan descent and a coach from Spain.

I get it but people are acting as if he's Pele. He's been uninspiring in the youth level games I've watched. Sure, let him play, but he is 4 or 5 years from being ready (like Piette, I guess).

We're Canada. Pele will never be an option for us. A solid, attacking midfielder playing in the Spanish top-flight is the most we can ask for. Aleman could be that for us. But if we don't cap-tie him in what is otherwise a pointless exercise (this whole Gold Cup tournament), he could be that for one of our direct rivals. Being Canada, if we don't cap-tie him, you can be sure that he will turn out even better than anybody imagines and he will play for Costa Rica. If Miller doesn't cap-tie him, I can only suspect deliberate sabotage of the program on his part.

Just curious... Are you from Mexico or a central or South American area? It seems like you support one player from Uruguayan descent and a coach from Spain.

Well, I've been here along time dude, before..and yeah I'm South American :D...that's why I like Osorio and Silva when he played for TFC and same for Camilo on the Caps. I'm hoping Floro implements more of a technical game on the youth teams, more than the current national team.

We're Canada. Pele will never be an option for us. A solid, attacking midfielder playing in the Spanish top-flight is the most we can ask for. Aleman could be that for us. But if we don't cap-tie him in what is otherwise a pointless exercise (this whole Gold Cup tournament), he could be that for one of our direct rivals. Being Canada, if we don't cap-tie him, you can be sure that he will turn out even better than anybody imagines and he will play for Costa Rica. If Miller doesn't cap-tie him, I can only suspect deliberate sabotage of the program on his part.

Never mind. It's done.

Good. He gets his 10 minutes, is cap-tied. The next time he plays hopefully he has earned it first.

I don't mind he gets his second cap next game. Give him some experience playing against one of the better CONCACAF teams.

Archived