CANADA vs Mexico 11July2013 GoldCup (R) 8pm PST

canadianfoot

This game is not there for us to win. If the only positive that we can gain from it is to cap-tie one of the most promising prospects that we've had in a decade, and we let the opportunity pass, we may be the stupidest football country in the world, as well as being one of the worst at actually playing the game.

I get it but people are acting as if he's Pele. He's been uninspiring in the youth level games I've watched. Sure, let him play, but he is 4 or 5 years from being ready (like Piette, I guess).

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dude. The touch was on his right foot but it he reacted with the weight on his left. Pure dive 100% who the hell are you? You wearing green tonight???

Not wearing green, but you Voyageurs get too emotional. It's not like Canada was gonna win. I was expecting a better showing tonight, not necessarily a win and boy Canada is worse than what I remembered watching the last Gold Cup. I thought after the Honduras thrashing we were gonna play abit better. Colin Miller sucks as a coach, but the players we have are worse. Reinforces my belief that it won't be till 2026, that we'll be competitive for a World Cup spot

Not wearing green, but you Voyageurs get too emotional. It's not like Canada was gonna win. I was expecting a better showing tonight, not necessarily a win and boy Canada is worse than what I remembered watching the last Gold Cup. I thought after the Honduras thrashing we were gonna play abit better. Colin Miller sucks as a coach, but the players we have are worse. Reinforces my belief that it won't be till 2026, that we'll be competitive for a World Cup spot

I'm sorry, but please F off. I challenge you to find any fanbase that wouldn't react emotionally to such a demonstrably terrible bit of officiating (not a penalty, and not really close to being in the box either).

so instead of admitting you were wrong you change the subject and rant about how bad our program is like we didn't already know that. also you only follow canada every gold cup?

Piette's inaccurate passing is beginning to get my attention, he is becoming less anonymous.

He shouldn't be starting at all. I don't understand the hype surrounding this kid. He looks out of shape and gets beat easily most of the time.

You were expecting a better showing than this? This is quite encouraging.

You voyageurs??? If you are a member and you are posting on here you support Canada and you are a voyageur too. Have another look at the replay. It was a dive. Whether it was Canada, USA, England or Spain, it's still a dive. That should not have been a penalty.

so instead of admitting you were wrong you change the subject and rant about how bad our program is like we didn't already know that. also you only follow canada every gold cup?

I follow Canada when I can. Don't have alot of free time lately. Follow the Whitecaps first and last the national team. I use to follow the Nats more closely but year after year, Canada gets worse. I'm hoping in 10 years time when all 3 MLS Academies start churning out better players we'll be more competitive. Osorio is playing good so far, but only maybe 2-3 players tonight should be in Floro's plan, again he's making his notes.

I'm sorry, but please F off. I challenge you to find any fanbase that wouldn't react emotionally to such a demonstrably terrible bit of officiating (not a penalty, and not really close to being in the box either).

Nolbertos watch the replay again

and watch the National team for 5-10-15+ years get your heart Thorn out and then talk about emotion

this Gold Cup is a WALK IN THE PARK compared to others

I Honestly have no expectations for this Gold Cup EXCEPT 1 Fu....cking Goal that's all I ask

Nolbertos watch the replay again

and watch the National team for 5-10-15+ years get your heart Thorn out and then talk about emotion

this Gold Cup is a WALK IN THE PARK compared to others

Dude, I've been following the Nats since 1992. I'm more critical than most about Canada and seems in the last 20 years of following they haven't learned much. I celebrated the 2000 Gold Cup, hoping Canada was turning there program around, but they went back to the same old ****. Its easier to support local MLS teams then the Nats at the moment. I keep hoping there's a light at the end of the tunnel, but I see nothing. We'll see what happens, as I'm really excited about Floro. He's the main reason, I'm following the Nats closely again. Maybe he can mould some players into an effective team.

no need for personal attacks dudes lol. Yes it was a bad call off minimal, if any contact and outside the box. Either way, didn't look like we were going to get back in this game. Lets get a result off a panama team already qualified. Better days await us

Archived