VOYAGEURS CUP 2013 FINAL 2nd Leg(return) Wednesday 29th of May (R)

Here's my take on Montreal's recent success ahead of Wednesday's game, and why Toronto hasn't been able to take advantage of a similar market despite more time to settle in MLS: http://majorliguesoccer.com/2013/05/27/montreal-is-a-soccer-city/

As for Wednesday, Rennie's gonna need another stroke of luck (like Teibert being put in the LA game through injury). Still think he's mostly clueless.

Here's my take on Montreal's recent success ahead of Wednesday's game, and why Toronto hasn't been able to take advantage of a similar market despite more time to settle in MLS: http://majorliguesoccer.com/2013/05/27/montreal-is-a-soccer-city/

As for Wednesday, Rennie's gonna need another stroke of luck (like Teibert being put in the LA game through injury). Still think he's mostly clueless.

Yet Patrice Bernier, who's having an outstanding season with Montreal, nor a hand full of up and coming talent get the call to represent their country. I'm happy, as an IMFC fan, but it's yet another example of the CSA having their heads solidly entrenched up their arses.

Julian De Guzman ... Really? I see more 8-0 drubbings in the future.

Yet Patrice Bernier, who's having an outstanding season with Montreal, nor a hand full of up and coming talent get the call to represent their country. I'm happy, as an IMFC fan, but it's yet another example of the CSA having their heads solidly entrenched up their arses.

Julian De Guzman ... Really? I see more 8-0 drubbings in the future.

Are you serious? Obviously Bernier was not called because he will be playing for the Impact in the final of our national championship, a CSA event that is more important than a B team friendly after we have been eliminated from WCQ. The Impact wouldn't have released him anyway on a non-FIFA date nor do I think he would want to miss a Championship game like this. He was either called and not released by the Impact, not called because the CSA knew he wouldn't be released or not called because the CSA realizes that the Voyageurs Cup is more important than this friendly game. We want to send the strongest Canadian team to represent Canada in this tournament, why should we weaken the teams by taking away their best Canadian players for essentially a training game? The same applies to Tiebert and to a lesser extent Tissot and Ouiemette (who should get a look soon but are still borderline callups for the senior MNT).

We can bitch about teams not wanting to release players on FIFA dates on which the MLS has stupidly scheduled matches but teams should not release players nor even be asked to do so (unless the player is not likely to play) when they are playing for our national championship on non-FIFA dates. Have some respect for the Voyageurs Cup!

Are you serious? Obviously Bernier was not called because he will be playing for the Impact in the final of our national championship, a CSA event that is more important than a B team friendly after we have been eliminated from WCQ. The Impact wouldn't have released him anyway on a non-FIFA date nor do I think he would want to miss a Championship game like this. He was either called and not released by the Impact, not called because the CSA knew he wouldn't be released or not called because the CSA realizes that the Voyageurs Cup is more important than this friendly game. We want to send the strongest Canadian team to represent Canada in this tournament, why should we weaken the teams by taking away their best Canadian players for essentially a training game? The same applies to Tiebert and to a lesser extent Tissot and Ouiemette (who should get a look soon but are still borderline callups for the senior MNT).

We can bitch about teams not wanting to release players on FIFA dates on which the MLS has stupidly scheduled matches but teams should not release players nor even be asked to do so (unless the player is not likely to play) when they are playing for our national championship on non-FIFA dates. Have some respect for the Voyageurs Cup!

So what purpose is this game going to serve again? FYI I NEVER disrespected the VCUP, in fact I wrote that I'm happy Bernier isn't going. You could speculate all you wan't, but you don't know why Bernier wasn't called up more then I, or anybody else except the CSA. During the last round of qualifications, Bernier had a terrific initial campaign in MLS last season, and yet they preferred De Guzman over him. This is the CSA we're talking about.

I also find it wierd that the CSA who often complain about lacking funding for international friendlies, decided to accept this one, when Canada's best two squads are playing for a championship.

So what purpose is this game going to serve again? FYI I NEVER disrespected the VCUP, in fact I wrote that I'm happy Bernier isn't going. You could speculate all you wan't, but you don't know why Bernier wasn't called up more then I, or anybody else except the CSA. During the last round of qualifications, Bernier had a terrific initial campaign in MLS last season, and yet they preferred De Guzman over him. This is the CSA we're talking about.

I also find it wierd that the CSA who often complain about lacking funding for international friendlies, decided to accept this one, when Canada's best two squads are playing for a championship.

If you are happy he will be playing in the VCup then why are you complaining about him not getting called to the MNT? Yes he should have been called earlier and more often in WCQ and he should also be called for the upcoming Gold Cup (if he wants to play) in my opinion. If he isn't called then you will have something to complain about. This friendly is one that was offered us and which the CSA probably thinks they can play without losing too much money so I have no problem with them scheduling it. We should play as often as we can even if we can't always get our best lineup on the pitch.

They are scheduling a friendly = good. They did not select those players who should be playing in the more important national championship = good. There is nothing to complain about here.

If you are happy he will be playing in the VCup then why are you complaining about him not getting called to the MNT? Yes he should have been called earlier and more often in WCQ and he should also be called for the upcoming Gold Cup (if he wants to play) in my opinion. If he isn't called then you will have something to complain about. This friendly is one that was offered us and which the CSA probably thinks they can play without losing too much money so I have no problem with them scheduling it. We should play as often as we can even if we can't always get our best lineup on the pitch.

They are scheduling a friendly = good. They did not select those players who should be playing in the more important national championship = good. There is nothing to complain about here.

Playing an international match a day before the Final of the Vcup, is another example of lateral movement for the CSA and the CMNT program. God knows they can't afford to waste games using players from an already small player pool to replace guys (Bernier amongst others) that could actually help this program.

Ah well, there's always next game ... should be the CMNT motto.

Playing an international match a day before the Final of the Vcup, is another example of lateral movement for the CSA and the CMNT program. God knows they can't afford to waste games using players from an already small player pool to replace guys (Bernier amongst others) that could actually help this program.

Ah well, there's always next game ... should be the CMNT motto.

Nope unless this friendly is costing them a lot of money there are only positives that will come out of it. A few guys making their MNT debuts and a lot of young players getting some good experience. The sign of the old unsuccessful CSA would be to have not enough friendlies not too many.

For those of us without TV is there any stream to watch this?

At this point and time I do not see a stream but go to those 2websites 5minutes Before KickOff something might appear:

www.atdhe.so

http://www.firstrow1.eu/sport/football.html

In the mean time I am getting ready to go see the game. PVR set for 3 1/2 in case it's a deadlock and goes into PK's.........................

Just got back from game via Doolins what a game amazing despite the result(guess for who i was cheering). Had a blast to sweeten the defeat my friend won the 50/50 tonight so wasn't all that bad!!!

I will be uploading the game this weekend in 720p for tbose interested.

PS: Team1040 had some draw and you could ask them some question for the After game show. Mine was What stand in the was of an Open aVoyageurs Cup like US. And what about a RoundRobin format in case that doesn't work out. Haven't heard the show so not sure they responded or not.

Archived