U18 camp in November

masster

Does anyone have any idea why they've been doing U18 camps? Not complaining but just wondering where they see this headed

For instance, this group will be 94s and 95s but the next U20 tournament is for players born after Jan 1 1993 and the next U17 is for players born after Jan 1 1996... 2015 U20s will be for 95s and below and for the U17s will be 98s and below. Maybe a bit of damage control to keep kids from slipping through the cracks? If so I like it.

• 1 month later...

Brody Huitema of the Whitecaps Residency has been callled up for this camp. It will be his first time involved in the National team program.

Marco Bustos and Marco Carducci are off to Florida and Panama for a national team camp in two weeks time as well. Not sure if this is the same one as Brody, or if this is a different camp for the U17s.

Roster:

Canada m18 to hold eight-day camp in USA

Posted on 13 November 2012 in Men's U-18 Team

Canada's men's U-18 team will gather for an eight-day camp next week in Western USA, with two international friendly matches to be played over the course of the national youth project. Coach Robert Gale has selected 18 players for the camp which runs 17-24 November. The California camp includes Men's U-18 International Friendly matches against USA on 21 and 23 November.

Coach Gale's roster features goalkeepers Mark Rogal and Nolan Wirth, defenders Samuel Adekugbe, Stephen Almeida, Quinton Duncan and Jackson Farmer, and midfielders/forwards Yacine Ait-Slimane, Adam Bradshaw, Sebastian Cabrera, Jérémy Gagnon-Laparé, Brody Huitema, Ali Musse, Haris Radoncic, Kyle Richards, Dylan Sacramento, Matthew Vuylsteke, Mark Wadid, and Michael Wagenknecht.

Of note in the Canadian camp, seven players are making their national youth team debut: Adekugbe, Huitema, Radoncic, Richards, Sacramento, Vuylsteke and Wirth. All 18 players selected for this project will be eligible at the CONCACAF and FIFA U-20 levels until 2015.

CANADA

GK- Mark Rogal | CAN / Toronto FC Academy

GK- Nolan Wirth | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency

CB- Stephen Almeida | CAN / Toronto FC Academy

CB- Jackson Farmer | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency

FB- Samuel Adekugbe | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency

FB- Quinton Duncan | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency

M- Adam Bradshaw | CAN / Toronto FC Academy

M- Sebastian Cabrera | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency

M- Jérémy Gagnon-Laparé | CAN / Académie Impact Montréal

M- Ali Musse | CAN / WSA Winnipeg

M- Haris Radoncic | CAN / Académie Impact Montréal

M- Kyle Richards | USA / Concorde Fire

M- Dylan Sacramento | CAN / FC Northwest U-18

M- Matthew Vuylsteke | USA / Empire Revolution

M- Michael Wagenknecht | CAN / Toronto FC Academy

F- Yacine Ait-Slimane | CAN / Académie Impact Montréal

F- Brody Huitema | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency

F- Mark Wadid | CAN / Toronto FC Academy

CANADA A-Z

Adekugbe, Samuel | 1995 | Calgary, AB, CAN |

Ait-Slimane, Yacine | 1995 | St-Constant, QC, CAN |

Almeida, Stephen | 1995 | Toronto, ON, CAN |

Bradshaw, Adam | 1995 | Waterloo, ON, CAN | Waterloo Minor SC

Cabrera, Sebastian | 1995 | Edmonton, AB, CAN | Millwoods SA

Duncan, Quinton | 1995 | London, ON, CAN | Southend United

Farmer, Jackson | 1995 | Edmonton, AB, CAN | Newton Knights Community

Gagnon-Laparé, Jérémy | 1995 | Magog, QC, CAN | AS Magog

Huitema, Brody | 1995 | Chilliwak, BC, CAN |

Musse, Ali | 1996 | Winnipeg, MB, CAN |

Radoncic, Haris | 1995 | Laval, QC, CAN |

Richards, Kyle | 1995 | Brampton, ON, CAN & Loganville, GA, USA | Brampton Youth SA

Rogal, Mark | 1996 | Thornhill, ON, CAN | North York Hearts Azzurri

Sacramento, Dylan | 1995 | Winnipeg, MB, CAN | Clifton Community Club

Vuylsteke, Matthew | 1995 | Hamilton, ON, CAN |

Wadid, Mark | 1995 | Mississauga, ON, CAN | Erin Mills SC

Wagenknecht, Michael | 1995 | Waterloo, ON, CAN | Waterloo Minor SC

Wirth, Nolan | 1995 | Comox, BC, CAN |

I love that these rosters are made up almost exclusively by players at MLS or NASL academies. This is much better than back in 2004 or 2005 when these rosters were the players were scattered across Euroupe in academies or just at local youth clubs.

This is a sign of progress, but my concern is "where will these guys play when they reach the U20 level and beyond? They all can't make first teams in MLS, and it would be a shame to let this developed talent go to waste...we NEED to set up something domestically VERY SOON! NASL in Ottawa in 2014 will alleviate the problem a little bit, and Hamilton in 2015 (cross your fingers) would help even more, but at some point we are going to create some kind of U23 league.

I love that these rosters are made up almost exclusively by players at MLS or NASL academies. This is much better than back in 2004 or 2005 when these rosters were the players were scattered across Euroupe in academies or just at local youth clubs.

This is a sign of progress, but my concern is "where will these guys play when they reach the U20 level and beyond? They all can't make first teams in MLS, and it would be a shame to let this developed talent go to waste...we NEED to set up something domestically VERY SOON! NASL in Ottawa in 2014 will alleviate the problem a little bit, and Hamilton in 2015 (cross your fingers) would help even more, but at some point we are going to create some kind of U23 league.

Safe bet would be the NCAA.

No, that's Stephan Melo. Dylan tried out this year but didn't mae the cut. He plays for national champs FC Northwest.

Something strange is going on. TFC seem to think that Sacramento plays for them:

http://www.torontofc.ca/academy/teams/roster-u17

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/11/academy-sends-10-canada

Heading west to California is the U-18 team led by head coach Robert Gale. Academy goalkeeper Mark Rogal, centre back Stephen Almeida, midfielders Adam Bradshaw, Dylan Sacramento and Michael Wagenknecht and forward Mark Wadid will be in camp from November 17-24.

I know they're not the most competent bunch, but it'd be a new low for TFC to cut a player who gets chosen for the youth national teams LOL!

My mistake, I got the names mixed up. He is with TFC.

Something strange is going on. TFC seem to think that Sacramento plays for them:

http://www.torontofc.ca/academy/teams/roster-u17

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2012/11/academy-sends-10-canada

Heading west to California is the U-18 team led by head coach Robert Gale. Academy goalkeeper Mark Rogal, centre back Stephen Almeida, midfielders Adam Bradshaw, Dylan Sacramento and Michael Wagenknecht and forward Mark Wadid will be in camp from November 17-24.

I know they're not the most competent bunch, but it'd be a new low for TFC to cut a player who gets chosen for the youth national teams LOL!

According to guy who went game was ****, did not have glowing words for either team.

Gary Kleiban ‏3four3

Canada U18s are absolutely pathetic.

later says Americans were junk, also both teams are brainless and have no technique. Going by his twitter bio, i think he considers himself and expert of some sort.

https://twitter.com/3four3

We have a U-17 and U-20 camp going on at the same time so this doesn't surprise me...

According to guy who went game was ****, did not have glowing words for either team.

Gary Kleiban ‏3four3

Canada U18s are absolutely pathetic.

later says Americans were junk, also both teams are brainless and have no technique. Going by his twitter bio, i think he considers himself and expert of some sort.

https://twitter.com/3four3

Wow, bitter much? Maybe he's the American Miro Kliment. These U18 teams are basically the "fell through the crack" teams, they aren't U17 or U20 competitive teams.

This guy left at HALFTIME of a YOUTH game because it was "garbage". This man is a loser who probably sat at home watching the Champions League and thought he'd become an expert for a few hours. Not sure what expectations he came to the match with...

Kleiban is the coach of the Barcelona USA program. He goes on and on about how bad soccer is here, and basically how everyone is doing everything wrong. He's been a coach for 12 years here. So I asked him "if everyone else is so bad, how many pro's or national team players have you developed?" He gets mad and changes the subject because the answer is zero. If you challenge him on any topic he turns it around to mean your worldview isn't right, and you "won't understand." Ask him a question and his pat response is "what that means to you will mean something different to me." Which is his way of saying "you are too stupid to understand my perspective." Typical physicist - he's a university prof.

I have no doubt this guy knows what he is talking about because his Barcelona USA teams play some exceptional football. But his ego is bigger than Balotelli's.

Just google Barcelona USA or search youtube.

Sorry, I posted in the u17 thread about Huitema...got the camps backwards with two tabs open.

Any reports on how this scoring dynamo has done? 6 goals in 7 appearances in u18 USSDA and he's carried right on from u16. How is this his first national camp???

Archived