Canada vs Panama Sept. 7th 2012 @BMO Field Game Thread

jpg75

So we have a thread for the Honduras-Cuba game, but not our own!?

--------------

Pre Game Party

Gossip - 4pm

Behind the band stand on the ex. 3 minutes to the stadium, south west.

Also, there is a supporters game scheduled for 2pm at Lamport(?). PM Tuscan if you are interested.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Canadian roster to be released on Thursday.

Panamanian roster:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panama_national_football_team

12 GK Luis Mejía March 16, 1991 (age 21) 8 0 Fénix

1 GK Jaime Penedo September 26, 1981 (age 30) 69 0 Municipal

23 DF Felipe Baloy February 24, 1981 (age 31) 63 2 Santos Laguna

17 DF Luis Henríquez November 23, 1981 (age 30) 51 1 Lech Poznań

4 DF Carlos Rodríguez April 12, 1990 (age 22) 5 0 FC Dallas

5 DF Román Torres March 20, 1986 (age 26) 51 1 Millonarios

10 MF Nelson Barahona November 22, 1987 (age 24) 32 2 Atlético Huila

11 MF Armando Cooper October 26, 1987 (age 24) 28 3 Godoy Cruz

6 MF Gabriel Gómez May 29, 1984 (age 28) 76 8 Philadelphia Union

21 MF Amílcar Henríquez August 2, 1983 (age 29) 21 1 Deportivo Independiente Medellín

8 FW Rolando Blackburn January 9, 1990 (age 22) 4 1 Senica

7 FW Blas Pérez March 13, 1981 (age 31) 57 23 FC Dallas

18 FW Luis Tejada March 28, 1982 (age 30) 18 34 Juan Aurich

9 MF Yairo Yau September 7, 1989 (age 22) 1 0 Sydney FC

8 more players to be added before next Friday.

Players carrying cards for Canada:

McKenna

Jazic

Johnson

De Rosario

Occean

Players carrying cards for Panama (just noticed our countries names are seperated by 2 letters...hmmm):

Quintero

Barahona

What's the rule on this?

Does a 2nd yellow card in the round get you suspended for one game?

Lets go ****in mental. We are just over a week away!!! My little advice, everyone bring something(beyond a scarf and/or jersey) whether it be a flag, two-stick, confetti, red and white baloons from the dollar store,etc. Keep pushing for ticket sales. LETS MAKE THIS EPIC and never turn back. When the players walk on the field they have to be awestruck. Sorry for the rant i just got really excited realizing how close we are. lets go boysssssss

Lets go ****in mental. We are just over a week away!!! My little advice, everyone bring something(beyond a scarf and/or jersey) whether it be a flag, two-stick, confetti, red and white baloons from the dollar store,etc. Keep pushing for ticket sales. LETS MAKE THIS EPIC and never turn back. When the players walk on the field they have to be awestruck. Sorry for the rant i just got really excited realizing how close we are. lets go boysssssss

Yeah boi! I am there in spirit!

The suspensions for two yellows are BS, seeing how easy it really is to pick up a yellow in CONCACAF/international football in general. But regardless, I think with two probably starting defenders and one of our midfielders who does a decent amount of defensive work in Johnson all on yellows we need to ignore about these potential suspensions. We really need to take the game to Panama right away, make them worried to take that extra touch and put in a few crunching tackles to set the tone early.

If someone offered me three points against Panama at home and then a loss in Panama I'd take it right away. I think it is important we don't let these suspensions get in the way of playing this physical, aggressive game against Panama (really using the same sort of "take no prisoners" style defending that did us well against the USA, Cuba and Honduras) at BMO field, because a suspension for the away game is better than risking Panama walk all over us in the home leg.

Btw do any of you know whether sportsnet will broadcast the game live at 7pm on all channels cause so far its only on sportnet one and they put blue jays baseball on all other channels if this is the case im gonna get really pissed!!! its a crucial match for wcq and blue jays get air time? wtf BTW i predict a home win and a tie away for us so 4 points and honduras gets 6 points

Btw do any of you know whether sportsnet will broadcast the game live at 7pm on all channels cause so far its only on sportnet one and they put blue jays baseball on all other channels if this is the case im gonna get really pissed!!! its a crucial match for wcq and blue jays get air time? wtf BTW i predict a home win and a tie away for us so 4 points and honduras gets 6 points

Blue Jays website says games on 7th and 11th are on Sportsnet so I think we might be relegated to SN1.

I am usually the last person to say this (as I usually have no issue with the Jays being on the main channel since they bring in significantly higher ratings etc), but I seriously don't get how that would be the case this time. The Jays are awful, they're playing an awful team in Boston and its not even at home.

Blue Jays website says games on 7th and 11th are on Sportsnet so I think we might be relegated to SN1.

I am usually the last person to say this (as I usually have no issue with the Jays being on the main channel since they bring in significantly higher ratings etc), but I seriously don't get how that would be the case this time. The Jays are awful, they're playing an awful team in Boston and its not even at home.

Jays playing Boston will bring in far better ratings than Canada vs Panama.. just the way it is.

There is also something to be said about growing the brand. The Blue Jays won't gain any new support from this game being on sportsnet, and therefore no real future gains for Rogers. However, if the Canada game was on the main sportsnet channel you are sure to get a few new people interested who just stumble upon a game as important as this, which will help Rogers in the future considering they are the Canadian National Team rights holders.

Archived