Canada vs Panama Sept. 7th 2012 @BMO Field Game Thread

jpg75

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Or, Hutch at RB ... or, leave Edgar at RB and play Jakoivc. I'd probably prefer the latter. Hopefully, Hainault will be ready, if not for the TO match, for the game in Panama.

Worth noting that Jakovic can also play right back as he has for DCU. Also, Johnson slotted in at right back for a little bit this week he's a guy I always thought would be a serviceable RB but probably too short notice.

Fingers crossed it was just precautionary taking him out. If he is injured I think it's obvious we'll call Klukowski as replacement as he played centre back for APOEL midweek. Kluko also plays tomorrow so I guess we'll have a better idea then if we want to call him.

Edgar gave us a better attacking threat at RB than we've had in a while with his crossing ability. Also McKenna and Jakovic are comfortable playing with each other. I think we have to make sure we keep a back four that is some what familiar playing with each other so I'd be in the Jakovic for Hainault camp.

Flew out from Calgary, bringing five with me, section 111... Big Flags!! Ill drop by Gossip, I'm 18 so ill just get a couple beers in me before.

Good on ya! I remember going to BMO for my first game at age 18 and not being able to buy a beer... someone better be buying your beers at the game!

Guys I believe Jakovic is playing with an injured groin and hamstring. Watch the highlights of the most recent DCU game on MLS.com and the commentator says something to that effect. Also, Mckenna is just comming off of surgery, so I am rather concerned to see Hainualt go down.

Maybe it is best to call in Klukowski just incase we need him.

Assuming Mckenna and Jakovic are both good to go, I expect them to be the CB's with Edgar at RB. Leading up to the 2011 GC the Jakovic-Mckenna pairing was the most favoured. Then, Jakovic pulled his hamstring in that friendly against Ecuador and Hainualt replaced him. Ever since Hainualt and Mckenna have been the prefered choice.

Guys I believe Jakovic is playing with an injured groin and hamstring. Watch the highlights of the most recent DCU game on MLS.com and the commentator says something to that effect. Also, Mckenna is just comming off of surgery, so I am rather concerned to see Hainualt go down.

Maybe it is best to call in Klukowski just incase we need him.

Assuming Mckenna and Jakovic are both good to go, I expect them to be the CB's with Edgar at RB. Leading up to the 2011 GC the Jakovic-Mckenna pairing was the most favoured. Then, Jakovic pulled his hamstring in that friendly against Ecuador and Hainualt replaced him. Ever since Hainualt and Mckenna have been the prefered choice.

Well, we are set at LB (De Jong to start, hopefully) and, barring disaster at CB, I think Edgar should start at RB. If any two of McKenna, Hainault, and Jakovic are healthy, we're fine. But, I am also worried about injuries, and McKenna's yellow card (he could easily have to miss the away match which would complicate matters further). In case of emergency, move Edgar to CB, and find a make shift RB: Hutch or Ledgerwood.

But if De Jong/Edgar are starting at LB/RB, then we could call in Kluks or even Straith as cover as CB. Straith has at least been playing regularly. Henry/Cann would probably be next in line after that, which is a little scary, but it should never get to that ...

Jackovic probably has the most skill on the ball of all of our CB's so I think he'd be a decent fit at right back. Not sure about his crossing ability as Edgar seems to be solid in that department.

I actually think Edgar has comparable skill on the ball...hence why he played RB. But yeah, I do like Jakovic...but I don't think there's any reason to take out Hainault, who is better at aerial defence, for him.

As for calling other people in, if we are calling anyone in, we have plenty of defenders already. NO NEED AT ALL to call Klukowski because we have an abundance of similar players already...only reason is if you are a fan of his, which is understandable, but what we REALLY need is more attacking minded players...either mids, wingers or forwards...our roster is chock full of defensive mids and defenders without a lot of attacking options!

For the record, that wasn't what I want, but its what I think's going to happen

I'd much rather see a McKenna/Jakovic (or Klukowski?) partnership in the middle

Oh, by the way, hey man thanks for the awesome FIFA 12 roster you created on August 25. When you do an updated one like that, you should tell people on here so we can search for it!

I actually think Edgar has comparable skill on the ball...hence why he played RB. But yeah, I do like Jakovic...but I don't think there's any reason to take out Hainault, who is better at aerial defence, for him.

As for calling other people in, if we are calling anyone in, we have plenty of defenders already. NO NEED AT ALL to call Klukowski because we have an abundance of similar players already...only reason is if you are a fan of his, which is understandable, but what we REALLY need is more attacking minded players...either mids, wingers or forwards...our roster is chock full of defensive mids and defenders without a lot of attacking options!

I think the only reason people are mentioning Klukowski is that he can play CB. Unlike de Jong, Jazic and Morgan. If Hainault is in fact injured, and Jakovic not fully fit or in poor form (he has not looked good in the DC United matches I've watched recently) then there is not a lot of depth at that spot. But I doubt he is called and am hopeful Hainault will be good to go.

The other thing that people who are calling for a Straith call-up or for someone else to slide over into the middle have to remember is what Hart is thinking while making the squad. He will be well aware that beyond Edgar who he's used as a RB over the last little while, the only other option he's brought in as a natural centre back is Jakovic. Obviously Hart has contemplated what to do in the case of an injury to any player in our starting XI, and with a centre back out he obviously has enough faith in Jakovic to cover if need be. If Hainault does indeed miss the Panama games I'd be surprised if anyone other than Jakovic filled the role.

The other thing that people who are calling for a Straith call-up or for someone else to slide over into the middle have to remember is what Hart is thinking while making the squad. He will be well aware that beyond Edgar who he's used as a RB over the last little while, the only other option he's brought in as a natural centre back is Jakovic. Obviously Hart has contemplated what to do in the case of an injury to any player in our starting XI, and with a centre back out he obviously has enough faith in Jakovic to cover if need be. If Hainault does indeed miss the Panama games I'd be surprised if anyone other than Jakovic filled the role.

Jakovic and Hainault are carrying knocks and McKenna is coming off of surgery. I'm not sure I'm entirely confident with two of them in our central defense. I think we need Edgar there with one of them and someone else at right back, we can't risk dropping points Friday because of two unfit central defenders.

I think the only reason people are mentioning Klukowski is that he can play CB. Unlike de Jong, Jazic and Morgan. If Hainault is in fact injured, and Jakovic not fully fit or in poor form (he has not looked good in the DC United matches I've watched recently) then there is not a lot of depth at that spot. But I doubt he is called and am hopeful Hainault will be good to go.

Yeah I caught that in a reread...didn't realise about Hainault, makes sense now, guys. Although in the instance that say, that Jakovic or McKenna got injured or suspended; I guarantee you still wouldn't see Klukowski in at CB. You'd see Edgar shift back to CB and Klukowski take over RB, where he is comfortable as well.

Edgar is still our next REAL option at CB, and Hutchinson is also an option at RB, of course (although I don't like him there...we are talking about what can happen AT NEED, right?)

So don't stress it even without Klukowski, we still have lots of ways of doing things, although with a guy injured, yeah call Mike up to replace..I'd hate to have Ledgerwood at RB again.

Geez I didn't realize so many of our defenders were either out injured or carrying knocks (or post-surgery for that matter). Now I'm even more concerned than I was last week, I mean, Panama has excellent strikers who are in form.

On to promoting things, in case you haven't checked the thread out yet, the Supporters vs. Supporters soccer game is all set to go on Friday at 2p.m. at Lamport. $10 a person and the residual will go to beer at Gossip. Show up by 1:45 latest so you can get changed, and bring both a red tshirt and a white tshirt so we can easily split up teams. Thread is here: http://www.cansoc.org/showthread.php?44657-Voyageurs-Pre-pre-match-Soccer-Game-Sept-7th

can i make a suggestion aswell, after the last hondurus game, i noticed they had about 4 or 5 big flags in the section at the far end, now i think we should be able to do better than that, which is why i'm bringing mine , it about 12ft by 7ft, we should put our best foot forward here guys and girls, if we could get 2 or 3 that would be great!!!!!

can i make a suggestion aswell, after the last hondurus game, i noticed they had about 4 or 5 big flags in the section at the far end, now i think we should be able to do better than that, which is why i'm bringing mine , it about 12ft by 7ft, we should put our best foot forward here guys and girls, if we could get 2 or 3 that would be great!!!!!

fantastic idea one of my buddies is bringing a big one as well

. Although in the instance that say, that Jakovic or McKenna got injured or suspended; I guarantee you still wouldn't see Klukowski in at CB. You'd see Edgar shift back to CB and Klukowski take over RB, where he is comfortable as well.

What? When has Klukowski ever played RB? He is a very left footed player!

Jonovision has it correct, I was calling for Klukowski to give us CB depth. He has played there before and looks to be playing there now with APOEL. If he isn't called in then perhaps Jakovic is fine, players play with knocks all the time. However, if Jakovic was struggling for fitness and Hainualt is doubtful...then calling Klukowski would be logical. Henry is injured, Nana and Cann have not been playing much, and Hart appears to have lost confidence in Straith. Who else would we call for CB depth? Even if we moved Edgar to CB there would be no backup for him and Mckenna....assuming Jakovic and Hainualt can't go.

Archived