FC Edmonton Soccer Stadium?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Did anyone happen to catch any kind of announced attendance for today's game? As was mentioned in the televised broadcast, with tickets unable to go on sale until Thursday or Friday, it should only improve from here, but it would be nice to know where they are starting from now with the new stands ? :)

Did anyone happen to catch any kind of announced attendance for today's game? As was mentioned in the televised broadcast, with tickets unable to go on sale until Thursday or Friday, it should only improve from here, but it would be nice to know where they are starting from now with the new stands ? :)

So they drew less with the new stands then they did last year without the stands...

yikes really? I was operating under the mistaken assumption that they had filled the original grandstand and everything else in the new stands was extra spillover. Dang.

Rather than reinterperate a sound response I "borrowed steve sandors Comment from the FCE forum.

Hope you don't mind Steve.

"Actually, what's worse is selling the tickets before the City approves the stands, the City finds out that you're overestimating a crowd in a City-insured and City-owned venue, and said City either fining you or demanding the event be cancelled.

Remember that every event needs:

a) Insurance — based on the estimated # of patrons in building. Estimate is built on APPROVED capacity

B) Food and drink — based on the estimated # of patrons in building. Estimate is built on APPROVED capacity

c) Parking — based on the estimated # of patrons in building. Estimate is built on APPROVED capacity

d) Security and staff — based on the estimated # of patrons in building. Estimate is built on APPROVED capacity

I know I sound like a broken record, but you understand there's a theme here.

For me, a good target would be 1,500 for FTL match, then 2,000 for Carolina. Incremental and realistic jumps."

Archived