FC Edmonton Soccer Stadium?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One more question about the Flex Pack. Say we get those 5 tickets, and then 5 of us happily come up to Edmonton and drive 6 hours for the season opener (or some such). On the package it says it is based on seating availability. Is there a chance we'd do that long drive just to find out we aren't allowed in that day?

One more question about the Flex Pack. Say we get those 5 tickets, and then 5 of us happily come up to Edmonton and drive 6 hours for the season opener (or some such). On the package it says it is based on seating availability. Is there a chance we'd do that long drive just to find out we aren't allowed in that day?

I would ring the FO # on the Website storepage before I bought the flexpack just to make sure you were know your coming. In general the operations still of a size that they can still deal one on one basis like that.

Heck if they knew you wer coming chances are the PR folks would be interviewing you at half time.

I would ring the FO # on the Website storepage before I bought the flexpack just to make sure you were know your coming. In general the operations still of a size that they can still deal one on one basis like that.

Heck if they knew you wer coming chances are the PR folks would be interviewing you at half time.

k thanks, I had done that and left a message but they never got back to me. Talked to them a touch on twitter and all they really gave me was that season tickets were the way to secure seats. They are very single minded with selling season tickets at the moment. I don't blame them for that, but I won't be buying the flex pack just in case...I'd rather shell out the extra 5-10 bucks and make sure.

albertawhite not going to start a new thread for this, but just asking? Are there places other than on FC Edmonton's website to buy jerseys and other gear? Any stores in Edmonton? Can you buy their gear and stuff right at the games when I go this year? Is it cheaper to do so? Do you have no idea and I should shut up?

Just checking? I must end every sentence as a question?

Hey madmonte, in case you don't know, the Edmonton Supporters Group (ESG) has a site here - http://www.edmontonsoccerfans.com - where all your questions can be answered. Let us know when you're coming up and we'll save you some spots in the standing section. We've got a few members from Calgary, so maybe you guys could car pool a trip up. Anyway, that's the place to find and make arrangements.

Everyone's welcome!

Hey madmonte, in case you don't know, the Edmonton Supporters Group (ESG) has a site here - http://www.edmontonsoccerfans.com - where all your questions can be answered. Let us know when you're coming up and we'll save you some spots in the standing section. We've got a few members from Calgary, so maybe you guys could car pool a trip up. Anyway, that's the place to find and make arrangements.

Everyone's welcome!

Awesome! If I ever decide to go with a couple friends I'd do that, but the wife wants to come...hence we would also go to west ed mall. No avoiding that! Carpooling wouldn't work lol...but I'll definitely keep it in mind and thanks for the website!

• 3 weeks later...
One of the guys on the ESG forum posted a pic of what appears to be on the table during this meeting. Not sure where he got it, but answers the layout and what goes where question.

Here's the link:

http://www.edmontonsoccerfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=492&start=400

Okay soI know its only diagramatic, but those two angled stands at the bottom are terrible! I know they are in reponse to the hallowed endzones, which actually have people walking on them all day, but they have dreadfull sight lines. the lower West side is almost totally obscured by the hospitality tents, the East side also suffers but to a lesser extent. Would be better to take down some of the west side fencing and mount them in an elavated manner, behind the hospitality tents. If you cannot get square on behind the goal then don't bother no one will use them.

Oh, and close of the ends with haording banners whilst your at it. Give it a more enclosed feel.

FYI I got a response via facebook from FC Edmonton, and single game tickets don't go on sale till 10 days before the season opener. Makes it tough for me planning to go to the season opener, but it is what it is, they are really pushing getting those season tickets, and I can't really blame them. I wish I knew how the sales were going, would be interesting to see!

• 4 weeks later...

Man. I can't believe they are leaving ticket sales for the home opener until the week before. It's incredibly frustrating. I can't book time off within one week to go to this game. So...I booked the time off. And now if I don't get a ticket because it's sold out or something, I'm going to be PISSED! I have to ask...is there anyone with a season ticket that CAN'T make the home opener, so I can have a little bit of surety here? Putting it out there.

Man. I can't believe they are leaving ticket sales for the home opener until the week before. It's incredibly frustrating. I can't book time off within one week to go to this game. So...I booked the time off. And now if I don't get a ticket because it's sold out or something, I'm going to be PISSED! I have to ask...is there anyone with a season ticket that CAN'T make the home opener, so I can have a little bit of surety here? Putting it out there.

If you aren't able to get a ticket, let me know.

Sold out? ... I don't think you'll have a problem with that. If anything, you'll be seeking company.

hilites:

You know it is an American made video when they only give you 2 minutes of highlights yet can include a hefty portion of the US anthem. The FtL goal was a good shot but Parker's positioning was terrible on the goal. He stayed in the corner of the net even though Foley was moving towards the centre of the pitch and gave him a lot of goal to shoot at which Foley saw and took advantage of. It was a good shot but stoppable if the keeper was better positioned plus maybe he does not even take the shot if he does not see so much net open. Also what was Parker doing in sec. 40 of the video punching out a ball that is slowly coming down and easily caught? Nice cross by Saiko on the FCE goal and good timing by Knight on not putting himself offside.

Even with the above video, I was by Clarke today and they were almost done pouring concrete all along the east side. No clue how much work there is to do in addition to this on the stands, but I'm assuming they'd go up quickly after the concrete is set. Weather this weekend is around 0 with some snow. Don't know how that will change things for the stands going up, but if they can pour house foundations in the middle of an Edmonton winter, I don't see why a little snow over the weekend would hurt what they did today.

Rob Proudfoot on Clarke Stadium.

Clarke Stadium Seat Update

The new East stands have arrived and the area is prepped. However, as we’re all used to Edmonton, the weather issue is holding everything up. This 2-3 week weather delay and building development permit approval process may result in the club not having these new seats up and functional for our April 28 home opener at Clarke. We hope this will not be the case, but the forces of nature are working against us right now. We are however committed to getting Clarke Stadium upgraded as soon as physically possible to provide the right soccer environment and experience for our fans in 2013, and we will do everything in our power to make this happen

Archived