Jamie Peters

JimmyJames

Jaime was in my opinion our best player on the day vs Argentina in May. Came in to the midfield and showed the ability to put a foot on the ball and make a calm pass that had been dreadfully missing up to that point.

He has also been logging the most consistent minutes of any Canadian player in the top two tiers of the English league over the last 18 months.

When you get handed the number 2 shirt on the Roy Keane, it means something.

It seems like Jaime has finally turned a corner and is starting to live up to some of his enormous potential. The question is now, how good can he really be?

It seems like he's been around the national team forever, but he's only 23. To put that into perspective, of the entire group of over 20 players called into the Canadian squad for the Venezuela and Argentina friendlies, only Adam Straith, Eddy Sidra and Simeon Jackson are younger.

It seems like Jaime has finally turned a corner and is starting to live up to some of his enormous potential. The question is now, how good can he really be?

From a national team perspective though the potential was always as a winger or attacking midfielder. I mean a quality right back is nice, but he hasn't really lived up to the potential of possibly being that creative player in the midfield we so desperately need.

From a national team perspective though the potential was always as a winger or attacking midfielder. I mean a quality right back is nice, but he hasn't really lived up to the potential of possibly being that creative player in the midfield we so desperately need.

I always thought he was more of a speedster whose football brain and ball skills couldn't keep up with his legs. I think he may have found his perfect position. He can still get forward in support down the wing and the blessing is he has the wheels to get back.

Let's see what's happening come November/December, barring injury. I have seen this movie too many times.

Does anyone know what year of his contract he's in currently?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It sounds like he is coming along nicely as a right back. We have more people capable of playing right midfield at a high level and not many at right back. Canada has'nt had many true wingbacks and I think it brings a new dimension to teams and I'd like to see him make that spot his own in the MNT fold. The more experience he gets playing there the better for us and hopefully he continues to grow as a player.

It sounds like he is coming along nicely as a right back. We have more people capable of playing right midfield at a high level and not many at right back. Canada has'nt had many true wingbacks and I think it brings a new dimension to teams and I'd like to see him make that spot his own in the MNT fold. The more experience he gets playing there the better for us and hopefully he continues to grow as a player.

If Peters could be a non crappy version of Marvell Wynne that would be great for Canada and really make our team a force with two capable players on the right

Peters had a really poor match against Peru though when he came in at left back, maybe he'll have more success on the right side.

He was definitely uncomfortable on that side of the field, perhaps because the two guys he was up against both offensively and defensively nullified his pace dimension.

I find Straith to be a better RB than Peters and think this is the position best suited to Straith even if he prefers CB. I am not a big McKenna fan but he did play well against Honduras. However, if McKenna is going to be one CB we need a faster guy than Straith beside him and Jakovic seems the best suited for that role as can be seen when he saved our ass on that semi-breakaway. Straith and Peters would make good competition for that right back position.

I have always liked Stalteri and thought he got too much criticism here but I think his time with the team should be at an end unless we really have injury problems. Stalteri always made up for what he lacked in skill with hard work and athleticism. Watching him in the Bundesliga he often screwed up but also had an amazing ability to recover. Now his speed and athleticism are starting to fail and his lack of skill and often poor positioning are being exploited. Honduras was constantly attacking him despite us having a 19 year old on the other side and that says a lot. The Honduran strikers were able to blow by him many times and playing on the wrong side is not an excuse for disappearing speed.

Archived