Italy updates

BigBird

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O-pening season for most this past weekend and for some next week

Crotone in the season opener against Reggina end up in a draw 0-0. Uccello was not dressed for this match.

Gino Mauro may be not be with Derthona as previuosly mentioned. I have pick up a Mauro with Albese Calcio who appears to be in Serie D group A for this coming season. It think this is Gino Mauro that we know of and his new team at this point. No offical announcement yet from either club position Derthona or ALbese. Hopefully its him as this is a moving up from excellence (Derthona) to Albese calcio in Serie D this coming year.

http://www.albesecalcio.it/index_780-3.php

Robert Stillo at this point should have signed a new deal with Genoa FC as a back up keeper with the primavera squad. He, for sure get more games in this year as Perin will be used as back up for the first team and also #1 national U23 team keeper for duty...but still movement may be possible even at this stage of mid august I beleive the deadline in primavera is sometime in first week of Sept if not mistaken....

Marco South - AC Este (Italian Serie D) (5)

David Masciantonio - Olbia Calcio (Italian Serie D) (5) will start up this coming weekend no news at this point.

I have information that appears that David Masciantonio has left Olbia Calcio (excellence) and is now and currently training with his former coach of Frosinone. It ust might days before he offically signs with Azachena Calcio who i think is in Serie D group c or d maybe JPG75 you may want to keep note of the change soon to come.

Not any changes at all

Crotone plays sat home against Padova game start 6:30. Uccello will not be dressed for this one.

Serie D players David Masciantonio (Azachena Calcio), and Gino Mauro (Albese Calcio) and Marco South with (Este Calcio) will all start the first matches this coming Sunday. This will also confirm their spots and if they have left their previous club as well I mentioned a time back for all three players

Robert Stillo has signed by this point with Geona FC. The primavera starts Sept 9th, but have a Super Cup game this weekend I wil have updates in that game too..

Hey Frank, can you see if you can find any info. on this young trialist?

Damiano Marcangelo - Frosinone (Italian Serie B) (2) Youth

unless he left last weekfor his trial which I do not have accces of getting the information...... do you know if he has been there and or when he is going.

is that the exact spelling and spaces of his name? Marcangelo

I copied his name from the ANB academy release. He went there 2 weeks ago.

Maybe orginal poster can lighten us but I cannot find anything at all....... sorry.

Market is closed, bird season opens offically in Italy lolol. Nothing reall to bring you up to date all players are where they are, Stillo has now signed with Genoa primavera and he has a game this weekend with the super cup tim.

Littlebird - Crotone is away in Turin game Saturday 20:45

Masciantonio- Azachena Calcio, South- Este Calcio, Mauro- Albese calcio all start their season next weekend the 11th of Sept....

LUGANO - Clima estivo sulle sponde del fiume Ceresio. Lo stadio Cornaredo ospita l'amichevole tra i bianchi di Lugano e il Grifone, in campo con la maglia dell'Inno. Ospitalità regale da parte dei dirigenti della società ticinese. Da segnalare nell'undici locale la presenza di Patrice Feussi, vecchia conoscenza genoana, salutato con calore dall'entourage rossoblù. Esordio assoluto con la prima squadra per il portiere della nazionale canadese Under 19, Robert Stillo, prodotto della prolifica scuola di estremi difensori guidata da Gianluca Spinelli. Ecco le formazioni:

LUGANO - Cordaz, Maffi, Thrier, Di Dio, Preisig, Feussi, Basic, Felipe, Rey, Fejzulahi, Senger. A disposizione: Casanova, Refner, Guarino, Bottani, Cinquini. All. Schallibaum.

GENOA - Stillo, Tomovic, Dainelli, Moretti, Rafinha, Rossi, Milanetto, Criscito, Palacio, Destro, Sculli. A disposizione: Scarpi, Zuculini, Mesto, Modesto, Polenta, De Bode, Doninelli, Bertoncini, Boakye, Romero. All. Gasperini.

ARBITRO - Bertolini (Lugano).

NOTE - Spettatori 1.500.

Roberto signed officially last Thursday for a 3 year tearm with GENOA CFC. He has been training and playing very well and taking advantage of the oppertunities given. If nothing else, it has been nothing short of amazing experience, one that most kids his age would love to have I'm sure. He continues to push forward and work hard and be ready for the call ups as Gasperini requires. We are all proud of his accomplishments

Not surprised at all. Alex Robert will be there very soon. This was one bright side of things and many more come with the first team. I hear nothing but real great news about Robert and his potential and many more chances like this will come

Congrats Robert and Stillo family

A fantasic point for Crotone in the result, even thou Crotone had most of the upper hand in the game. Uccello made his debut in Serie B, and was complimented by both sides of the coachng staff specially from his coach of getting the job of what he wanted him to do. He played the final 8 minutes creating havoc conditions for the Torino defense causing two free kicks for his team and just outside the box could have changed things in the last minute, plus the holding of the ball in the corners to waste about 1 minute or so gave him great reviews of his effort.

For me he seemed strong, as for the commentary on sky they said is very explosive with lots of power and comfortable in his debut with his teamates and likewise the players and the coach as well. Putting in a striker while 1-1 result was on the ticker, of his entry tells me that his coach has lots of confidence in him and not normally done I think instead of a defender.

A fantasic point for Crotone in the result, even thou Crotone had most of the upper hand in the game. Uccello made his debut in Serie B, and was complimented by both sides of the coachng staff specially from his coach of getting the job of what he wanted him to do. He played the final 8 minutes creating havoc conditions for the Torino defense causing two free kicks for his team and just outside the box could have changed things in the last minute, plus the holding of the ball in the corners to waste about 1 minute or so gave him great reviews of his effort.

For me he seemed strong, as for the commentary on sky they said is very explosive with lots of power and comfortable in his debut with his teamates and likewise the players and the coach as well. Putting in a striker while 1-1 result was on the ticker, of his entry tells me that his coach has lots of confidence in him.

Congrats to your son Bigbird. I think if he continues to play, we'll see him in Ukraine!

Bigbird, congratulations to you and your son. I saw some of the game yesterday but not long enough to see Julian. As my Italian is not so good it took me a long time to figure out who Crotone was (the announcers usually mention the player not the team) I believe they were the team in white.

What is Julian's shirt number and who is their shirt sponsor. That'll help me keep an eye out for him next time he plays. Keep informing us when the games are. Because of your posts I actively looked for it.

After yesterday's uninspiring effort vs Peru, Stephen Hart should be looking around for some new talent (Mission 2014) real soon. I hope you guys get a call. Keep the faith.

Congats to BigBird....If Julian keeps getting playing time, we'll see him in Red and White very soon indeed

Congrats to Alex36....great to see Roberto playing for the 1st team yesterday. it isn't everyday that a Canadian kid gets to start for a 1st div club, even if it is a friendly.

the road that needs to be followed for these boys to reach their ultimate goal of being regular players in Serie A is long but at least they are on the path. I wish them both the best.

Congrats to Julian and the family as well on his debut! Big weekend for the boys, first step of many to come! Thanks for the feed info for the game. It will be a great way to follow the games. Keep in touch and look forward to even better things to come! As you say........patience. Wise words my friend.

For me he seemed strong, as for the commentary on sky they said is very explosive with lots of power and comfortable in his debut with his teamates and likewise the players and the coach as well. Putting in a striker while 1-1 result was on the ticker, of his entry tells me that his coach has lots of confidence in him and not normally done I think instead of a defender.

Fantastic news! I hope he continues to impress and keeps playing in matches. Serie B is a difficult league, if he keeps getting matches there's no doubt that he'll be featuring for Canada soon. Congratulations to you and your son, from a lifelong Udinese tifoso. :D

And Toro are a strong, but underachieving, team, so a point is a good result for Crotone.

For those interested in keeping up with scores and the table, by the way, look here: http://www.legaserieb.it/it/serie-bwin/campionato

Congrats to Frank & Julian! In the nervous moments before the match yesterday I was refreshing the soccernet live scores to see if he would make his debut. When the line-ups first came up he wasn't even on the bench. I'm glad they've fixed it now and glad to hear some people were able to see it on TV. Forget goals, we could use a striker who can close down a defender on our home ground. :)

Congrats to Frank & Julian! In the nervous moments before the match yesterday I was refreshing the soccernet live scores to see if he would make his debut. When the line-ups first came up he wasn't even on the bench. I'm glad they've fixed it now and glad to hear some people were able to see it on TV. Forget goals, we could use a striker who can close down a defender on our home ground. :)

I did the exact same thing and didn't bother watching the game because he wasn't dressed. But I got bored of watching tennis and thought what the hell, I'll throw the Crotone game on, just to get a feel for the level. There he was! Congratulations and it's good to see he's got the confidence of the manager, can only bode well for more playing time. Another lesson not to depend on soccernet, especially when it's not top flight.

Thanks for all of your support and you pleasant comments It has been a long road but rewarding for all of us.

Italy-

Crotone 1 -1 Torino

Gino Mauro played all the game with Albese calcio against Chieri in a 1-1 draw. Unfortuantly there was a penalty given to Chieri from a hand ball in the penalty from Gino Mauro. It happens but a draw is good way to start.... he played 90 and was rated 5.5.

Robert Stillo of course played on the first team in a friendly winning 2-1 he was in net the entire game.

David Masciantonio team Arzachena played Castiadas 2008 no result yet

Marco South team Este played Kras Repen in a losing cause of a result 1-0 Marco South played the entire match..

Archived