Italy updates

BigBird

I also want to extend my congrats to both the Stillo and Uccello families. I would like to see both called to the Ukraine friendly match. Given that we are happy to call players playing in the Greek 2nd division (no offense to my namesake) I see no reason why we can't also call someone playing in Serie B - especially given the position that Julian plays, given that Stephen Hart has publicly bemoaned the lack of goals. And we're not exactly overflowing with keepers playing regularly either, so a friendly for a Serie A team is not to be disregarded lightly.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8th tier of the Italian pyramid? Yeesh. I'll add him to the MOACA anyways...

Geez, if you add those pretty soon you'll have to add my 11 year old. I mean, I know quite a few guys playing in 5th tier Spain, 4th even, and they are semi-pros with day jobs who are like good Canadian amateurs.

I too add my words of congratulations to the Uccello family, it has been a long time of Julian's dad posting here, showing patience, never getting nervous, I think many of us thought that the kid would never come through, or that he was lacking ambition to play a higher level. IN the end their idea of how to do things looks like it has won over, so all power to you.

Geez, if you add those pretty soon you'll have to add my 11 year old. I mean, I know quite a few guys playing in 5th tier Spain, 4th even, and they are semi-pros with day jobs who are like good Canadian amateurs.

Dude, trust me i know. But i hate to say no to the kid, he's the one who posted his own info. on BigSoccer....

I also want to extend my congrats to both the Stillo and Uccello families. I would like to see both called to the Ukraine friendly match. Given that we are happy to call players playing in the Greek 2nd division (no offense to my namesake) I see no reason why we can't also call someone playing in Serie B - especially given the position that Julian plays, given that Stephen Hart has publicly bemoaned the lack of goals. And we're not exactly overflowing with keepers playing regularly either, so a friendly for a Serie A team is not to be disregarded lightly.

I second this on both counts! It takes a lot to support your kids into uncertain ventures overseas, and to remain positive while developing in lower divisions.

For both kids, I think we could do wonders for their confidence to play for the senior team, as long as it doesn't hurt their chances on the club teams at this critical stage of their careers.

It has been a long road. Unfortunately, it is not a choice you nor I can make. There are players in Serie A that do not make their MNT. At the end of the day, there is only one person (the Coach) that either sees a vision of the player he wants or not at this level of play. I remind you, Italy lost, going to the next round of the W/C because he did not choose some players that he should have in the eyes of many. Does it mean he was a bad coach? CMNT has lots of players to choose from and I’m sure that SH wants to win, as all do. if SH sees little bird can help the cause , he will get called and will do fine with results. As I’m confident he will do well in Serie B in Italy. It is just a matter of time and patience for the opportunities to open slowly but always forward. Julian has been a leader and never a follower in every team he has played for since he was 12, CANADA will not be an exception to his rule. If it was to happen he will be ready and willing to show he is that leader that they need but if its was not, he will continue his climb to Serie A and who knows what then.

you know It could very well be that he will never play for canada even he was to be in Serie A if the coach does not see him to be that player he needs for his style of play. Who knows, its futbol and we respect any choices he makes

^ All the best to Julian and yourself. It's nice to see him improving his level of play. My focus is on Canucks in Germany but I really appreciate all your updates.

http://www.gazzettadelsud.it/NotiziaArchivio.aspx?art=120023&Edizione=32&A=20100908

Claudia Berlingeri

Crotone

He debuted in the anticipated evening with Turin entering five minutes (plus three recovery) by the end of the race instead of brooms. Julian Uccello striker born in 1986, has performed well even if the time at his disposal was not much. "I tried to give my contribution - said the attacker red and blue - entering or succeeding in the starting lineup the second time a few minutes from the end does not matter. One must always be ready to find the coach when the team needs. Who's on the bench or in the stands has the same responsibility towards the group. "

Uccello arrives from Second Division Pro League "The jump from C2 to B is not so automatic. Personally I'm finding very good mates are giving me a big hand inside and outside the locker room. Even during training, I want to thank the more experienced players who are always ready to encourage and enticed. The harmony in a team is essential, we also have a very smart coach who works well with us and takes very young group. "

Before the championship began, it was a start greatly feared what awaited the Croton. Three draws in the first three races is a good result considering that the team is undefeated. "Certainly. If we then look at who we played against and two were away, we must be happy. In Reggio, perhaps because it was the first, but the derby, we have not done well at home with Padua and Turin we deserved a different ending but in the end, we must be confident in the growth that the group is showing. "

Monday evening comes to the leaders Scid Modena. "No matter who we play against - Uccello concluded - our attitude is always the same, namely to take the field to win. It will be a game full of traps, like all the rest, hand we will give it all because we want to center the first win and there is nothing more beautiful than before to get their audiences. "

Preparation. Iragazzi mister Menichini have resumed yesterday pomeriggionell'impianto sports preparation of the village. In view of the postponement of Monday night, the Scid at 20.45 with the Modena, the first weekly training did not take part Emanuele Concepts (which has suffered the dislocation of the ring finger of his left hand) and Vid Belec, involved with the Under-21 Slovenian Ukraine.

Good news for the Portuguese defender Pedro Correia, who has taken part in work, followed dall'osteopata Rocco Massara. For today there is a double session. Auctions Kozak slipped in January? It will be seen. The negotiation is not successful because Lazio has finally hired Santa Cruz, freeing the young Czech forward. The player will not find much space in the capital market in which to repair, if Biancocelesti take another striker, there might be another chance to see the shores of the Ionian Sea, forever if the company is still interested via Naples.

Dude, trust me i know. But i hate to say no to the kid, he's the one who posted his own info. on BigSoccer....

Great! Then you can add my 6 year old. The senior team of his club plays in the Munich Kreisklasse 3 which I believe is the 12th tier. :)

Frank, looks like another player:

Doekele van Wieren is playing on the 1st team of Prix Le Torri (Italy). Prix Le Torri (1° Catagoria Girone B) - what league is that?

nope cannot find anything on this player other then if he played with Prix they finshed last year in last place in their group and then were relegated this year from promozione to 1st categoria, here is the sequence of level up or down from Serie A

Serie A, Serie B, Lega pro 1, Lega Pro 2, serie D, eccellenza, promozione, 1 categoria, 2 categoria, 3 categoria.

He is a player born in 1989, i know he was registered with Calcio Tezze in the 2007/2008 season, as he has served game suspension in that year. if you tellme he was playing currently on Prix's last year team then he would be playing in 8th level this year...he also was found to be on this team of Ambrosiana G S D calcio who is currently playing in Eccellenza 2 up from Prix. He has fallen back 2 levels if the same player . But nothing on him after that at all.,..

hope this helps in your search...

Robert is called up to the first team for the match this coming weekend against Chievo. WOW, as I expected Stillo is certainally making his mark in Serie A keeper very soon he will have his grand moment of a serie A match and I believe it coming this year. Way to go Robert keep up the good work. We will be watching the match for sure to share that moment if it was to happen.....forza Robert>.

Robert is called up to the first team for the match this coming weekend against Chievo. WOW, as I expected Stillo is certainally making his mark in Serie A keeper very soon he will have his grand moment of a serie A match and I believe it coming this year. Way to go Robert keep up the good work. We will be watching the match for sure to share that moment if it was to happen.....forza Robert>.

He's making great progress training with the first team. great to hear and all the best to him !

Finally a Canadian keeper playing in the top flight of a world class league, not since Forrest have we seen this. At such a young age, it's not unreasonable to hope that he will one day start regularly, as Genoa is a class organization and obviously see something in him.

Holy crap! Good for Robert!

Out of curiousity who is slated to be the starter? Have Genoa run into injuries to Scarpi and Perrin or has Stillo surpassed them in the pecking order?

Holy crap! Good for Robert!

Out of curiousity who is slated to be the starter? Have Genoa run into injuries to Scarpi and Perrin or has Stillo surpassed them in the pecking order?

well they normally take 3 keepers but i tell you what they could give anyone of the three a start thats what i like about it. It makes it fun, what makes it bad normally who starts get the game in its entirilty. No no injuries at all problably Perin had his game on last night which was a hell of game betting milan 5-0 in supercoppa had something to do with it.

All I hope for now is the coach walks in to the dresssing room and says hey Robert you got the game tonight...yahoo.

What song would you want to hear or dance too if you to where happy

ME

--- I got a feeling that tonight is going to be a good night...

Its another step for him, positive in every way. If you aren't in the mix, you can never have a chance of going in! We appreciate all the support of the voyageurs and hope that he gets a crack at the line up one day. He has proven he is ready and more than capable. In the words of bigbird......"patience" He is not in the preliminary line up but that could change. He is the 3rd keeper for them tomorrow against Chievo Verona at the Stadio Marrasi

Gozzelo however "doesn't like" him...he isn't tied to the politically correct TFC,Whitecaps and etc...

I suggest you read laws on libel Miro. You'd do yourself a world of good in reading them.

As for Stillo, he's been called up at the youth level before, so I think we're likely to see him again.

Anyone have an idea where David Masciantonio is.

The lastest I had on him was that he was back with his former coach of Frosinone on a team called Azachena

Its only being 2 games in the season so far, i know he had to serve a carry over suspension from last year but i thought It was on for one game..but I have not had anything come out of this club in C/I matches nor league.

Can anyone confirm if he is there and he is in fact with this team or not to keep my records up to date.

Archived