Italy updates

BigBird

what contacts has the CMNT made with julian since he has been in Italy. I find it real rare that there are players being called and not him not even at his level. I just look over the calls ups that have been made in the past on the CSA i see that he has never been called. Has there been any commucations between player and coaching staff just wondering I find it real real strange.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what contacts has the CMNT made with julian since he has been in Italy. I find it real rare that there are players being called and not him not even at his level. I just look over the calls ups that have been made in the past on the CSA I see that he has never been called. Has there been any commucations between player and coaching staff just wondering I find it real real strange.

There has been contacts in the past. I can assure you there is nothing wrong about the absence of Littlebird with any of the programs. His focus is where it is and will continue his drive to Serie A. I have mention in a prev post that when the time comes, he be ready and willing to demostrate that he is worthy of the call up as a Striker. However I remind you, many never get to see the lights of a MNT so do not read into it alot and move on.

But thanks for your concerns hope this helps you.

DAMIANO MARCANGELO IS THE THIRD ANB ACADEMY PLAYER HEADING TO EUROPE ON TRIALS, THIS TIME WITH FROSINONE CALCIO OF ITALY SERIE B.

August 9, 2010

The ANB Academy is pleased to announce that 17-year old Academy Team member Damiano Marcangelo is heading to Frosinone Calcio (www.frosinonecalcio.com) in Italy Serie B for trials with their youth academy system.

According to FIFA’s latest regulations on the status and transfer of players, a minor is not allowed to sign for a foreign club before the age of 18.

“Damiano has been an ANB Academy Team member since early 2006. We are excited and proud of Damiano; he will be our first ambassador to the youth elite in Italy” said academy director Bassam Naim.

For more information on this and other academy programs, visit our website at www.anbfutbol.com or contact the academy offices at 905-313-8661, e-mail at info@anbfutbol.com.

ALBACARRAIA Calcio if its him he played for teh first 75 minutes in the home opener this past weekend,

But one thing is for sure he is there in Italy, from what i was told and playing in the northen part of Italy but I think he is under the name of Frank Damiano. Can you verify his playing name and what he uses. Maybe also ANB can share that information correct me if i am wrong, Its good plug for them....

or contact origanal poster if possible....I did my very best to locate hopefully it this guys i found.

^ Are ALBACARRAIA Calcio in the 2 Categoria (ie. 9th level of Italian soccer)?

But please remember not sure that is the guy, I was told over the weekend that this player was named Frank Damaiano and on a Serie C team in northern Italy unless they are two different players.....

and with a last name like that it will be tough lolololol not like uccello

anyways hope it helps you new list with masciantonio as well./

And this guy played first team football? I doubt it's him, besides ANB would have surely sent an email out to brag about this kid signing.

Then i think there is another Canadian playing up in Italy there could be a confusion with simliar names last and first Frank Damiani and this player from ANB Damiano Marcangelo one of these players is for sure playing in Serie C. I find out soon unless some else would know... of either or of these two players...

by the way since on the topic Little bird did get in his second appearance for Crotone in this past week end went in at teh 85 minute mark while the team was tied 1-1 and ended up in a draw...Next game Saturday at home.

Then i think there is another Canadian playing up in Italy there could be a confusion with simliar names last and first Frank Damiani and this player from ANB Damiano Marcangelo one of these players is for sure playing in Serie C. I find out soon unless some else would know... of either or of these two players...

by the way since on the topic Little bird did get in his second appearance for Crotone in this past week end went in at teh 85 minute mark while the team was tied 1-1 and ended up in a draw...Next game Saturday at home.

I found one of the two he his name is Frank Damiano! please use main post for comments on this player since its their first notice on the forum "so that leaves the ANB player only to find out where..."

In Italy

Monterotondo 2

Acd Guidonia Montecelio 1

Masciantonio did play 90 , minutes had a good reveues.

--------------------

Marco South - AC Este tied 1-1

Marco South came in the last minutes of the game

-------------------

Crotone 2

Sassuolo 0

Uccello did not dress for this game

------------------

Roberto Stillo - Genoa CFC Primavera defeated

Piacenza 3-1

Robert was dressed but did not play.

---------------------

Chiavari-Albese 3-1

Gino Mauro played the entire match.

--------------------------

Insubria-Trento 2-3

Frank Damiano - Trento calcio

Marcel Debellis - Trento calcio

Neither in line up

Hey Bigbird, thought I would correct that little bit of info. He played an excellent game and held down the fort for the primavera's 3rd consectutive win. He will alternate ist team appearences and games as the coachs require so both younger keepers get playing time and exposure to big crowds and stadium atmosphere. Thanks

Gino mauro did not play in this match Bigbird as he has been their best centerback the last 3 games getting 6-6.5 in all the games for a young centerback. Ah the politics of it all! He should be upset, it means he's competitive and cares! Hang in there Gino!

Gino mauro did not play in this match Bigbird as he has been their best centerback the last 3 games getting 6-6.5 in all the games for a young centerback. Ah the politics of it all! He should be upset, it means he's competitive and cares! Hang in there Gino!

opps your right i was looking at all last week game damn im getting to old lol but your right typically the center backs in Serie d are home crowd favorites and much older with alot of experience. He must be doing well to get three game in so far this season in that position.

and by the way I again look at genoas last week game i too made a mistake on roberts outing sorry,,,,

• 3 weeks later...

Another win for Roberto Stillo this week and the Genoa Primaveras who sit first in the division after 5 games. He continues to train and excell with the first team and go down to play in the reserve games to keep ready for any oppertunity to play with first team. Never say never as he has played in 3 first team friendlies to date and done very well in all of them. Training with Eduardo, Scarpi, and Perin puts him in the best training/playing environment a keeper could ask for on a daily basis. Being trained by one of Italys top ranked keeper coaches Gianluca Spinelli (voted by the Seria A keeper coaches) has got to be the equvilant of a Harvard or Princeton university education! One day, its going to all pay off! Hopefully, someone will be smart enough to realize it and put arrogance and stupidity asside and try and utilize his knowledge and skill for the benifit of the game. Once again I stress he is the only canadian attached playing/training with a division 1 team in the world for his age and sits on a bench for country. Fact.......not fiction. Canada continues to turn there backs and look for what? We are hurting in the keeper dept. as it is, so why not utlize a player that has alot to offer and work to fit him into the future? He is tied to Genoa as he signed a 3 year contract in July..............but cant play and sits on a bench for his country. Why are we ranked so low in the world again? The truth hurts, and we as football lovers and canadian national team supporters continue to live with the mess and reality called Canada's National Team. We continue to push and hope for change!

Another win for Roberto Stillo this week and the Genoa Primaveras who sit first in the division after 5 games. He continues to train and excell with the first team and go down to play in the reserve games to keep ready for any oppertunity to play with first team. Never say never as he has played in 3 first team friendlies to date and done very well in all of them. Training with Eduardo, Scarpi, and Perin puts him in the best training/playing environment a keeper could ask for on a daily basis. Being trained by one of Italys top ranked keeper coaches Gianluca Spinelli (voted by the Seria A keeper coaches) has got to be the equvilant of a Harvard or Princeton university education! One day, its going to all pay off! Hopefully, someone will be smart enough to realize it and put arrogance and stupidity asside and try and utilize his knowledge and skill for the benifit of the game. Once again I stress he is the only canadian attached playing/training with a division 1 team in the world for his age and sits on a bench for country. Fact.......not fiction. Canada continues to turn there backs and look for what? We are hurting in the keeper dept. as it is, so why not utlize a player that has alot to offer and work to fit him into the future? He is tied to Genoa as he signed a 3 year contract in July..............but cant play and sits on a bench for his country. Why are we ranked so low in the world again? The truth hurts, and we as football lovers and canadian national team supporters continue to live with the mess and reality called Canada's National Team. We continue to push and hope for change!

Are you saying that the reason Canada has fared poorly as a national team is because we're playing guys who play first team football (for the most part) rather than reserve or youth team players? Don't worry, Roberto will get his chance with the CMNT and it's not like he hasn't been part of the program, having been called to the U-20 team in the past. I hope for the best for him and he does deserve a look in the near future but I don't think you can justify our lack of success on his not being part of the squad.

Are you saying that the reason Canada has fared poorly as a national team is because we're playing guys who play first team football (for the most part) rather than reserve or youth team players? Don't worry, Roberto will get his chance with the CMNT and it's not like he hasn't been part of the program, having been called to the U-20 team in the past. I hope for the best for him and he does deserve a look in the near future but I don't think you can justify our lack of success on his not being part of the squad.

I'd also point out that Lars is getting minutes in the Norwegian League.

Im not saying that at all Scottie, He cant get time on U20 so how can he expect to be part of the senior team? Thats my point! Thats the joke! What I am saying is that when you have players, and he is not alone, that are playing and are in a professional enviornment, Canada should be using these players as buliding blocks as they are getting better training and exposure to international football than our boys playing here at home. Thats the future id we want to grow and put the best product on the field internationaly to represent the country, plain and simple. You dont need to be a rocket scientist to figure it out! This would never happen to players playing our national sport of Hockey 100 percent!

Thank you jpg75...........That is the point. And we have local kids carded, csl players and others getting the time to play. If your better prove it and play, keep the politics at home, put the best product on the field period. The rsults of the coaches decisions speak for themselves. Anybody else would have been fired man!

Im not saying that at all Scottie, He cant get time on U20 so how can he expect to be part of the senior team? Thats my point! Thats the joke! What I am saying is that when you have players, and he is not alone, that are playing and are in a professional enviornment, Canada should be using these players as buliding blocks as they are getting better training and exposure to international football than our boys playing here at home. Thats the future id we want to grow and put the best product on the field internationaly to represent the country, plain and simple. You dont need to be a rocket scientist to figure it out! This would never happen to players playing our national sport of Hockey 100 percent!

alex, Julien Latendresse Levesque and Adam Street are both great young keepers... JLL plays for Energie Cottbus's reserve team regularly and also trains with the senior team. I think next year the 3 of them should duke it out for the starting spot, it doesn't matter what club you play for let the results speak for themselves like you said so if Roberto plays the best of the 3 I as all voyageurs do hope he is the starter

alex, Julien Latendresse Levesque and Adam Street are both great young keepers... JLL plays for Energie Cottbus's reserve team regularly and also trains with the senior team. I think next year the 3 of them should duke it out for the starting spot, it doesn't matter what club you play for let the results speak for themselves like you said so if Roberto plays the best of the 3 I as all voyageurs do hope he is the starter

Street isn't even with a club as far as i know...unless there's been an update in the last week as to his whereabouts.

So why do you think your kid is not playing? If I'm NT coach it makes absolutely no sense that I would not play the best available players. Is it possible your kid was not the best available, has an attitude problem, did not fit in, had a bad training camp? I'm just asking.

Logic dictates if I'm NT coach I am not going to put my job on the line to please somebody else. Everybody cries politics and "old boy's network" but when my job is on the line, I do my best to survive (ie get wins) not please friends.

Just because someone is talented or fortunate enough to play at a high profile club a) doesn't mean they are the best player and B) they produce at the NT level. Our lowest level player (at club level) is one of our best producers, Ali Gerba. I'm not saying he's the best player but he has produced more at the NT level than Rob Friend who plays for a high profile club.

I have a hard time with parents speaking for their grown children (bringing to mind one paranoid Czech). It's like the parents of the U16 girls at Ontario Soccer Talk, my kid's the next Marta.

Archived