Italy updates

BigBird

I'm confused as to why Dwight Lodeweges name was brought up. Aside from a brief interlude in Asia between 2004 and 2007, he's been working consistently in the Eredivisie. JogaKanata makes it seem like he was hanging out in Canada waiting to get a call, when in fact he was lured back to Canada only 7 months ago. Was the CSA really supposed to approach a head coach in the Eredivisie to ask if he wants to manage their U20 team? Is that really what you are expecting? As much as I love our U-20s, it's hardly a glamourous job. I'm interested in the multitude of coaches currently in Canada that are supposedly overlooked by the CSA again and again that everyone keeps bringing up. Who are those guys that would actually be interested in taking the job?

Also, your little "me against the world" act is quite tiresome. Posters don't get banned from here for saying what has been said numerous times before (and yes, I have heard your complaints here several times before from several other posters, most of whom are still around). However, once you begin being disrespectful to other posters, then there will be problems and even then the Mods do whatever they can to keep everyone involved. So, as the great Mr. Waits said: "Come down off your cross, we could use the wood". Start engaging in real discussion and start offering real solutions rather than brow-beating everyone else for not grabbing their pitchforks and storming Castle CSA.

Edit: I'd also like to add that this might work better in a new thread, or if people are worried about the discussion losing steam in that case, maybe a new thread for future Italy Updates, maybe something like what Ed does for Germany (new thread every month). BigBird, as this is mostly your thread, feel free to approach it however you'd like.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm confused as to why Dwight Lodeweges name was brought up. Aside from a brief interlude in Asia between 2004 and 2007, he's been working consistently in the Eredivisie. JogaKanata makes it seem like he was hanging out in Canada waiting to get a call, when in fact he was lured back to Canada only 7 months ago. Was the CSA really supposed to approach a head coach in the Eredivisie to ask if he wants to manage their U20 team? Is that really what you are expecting? As much as I love our U-20s, it's hardly a glamourous job. I'm interested in the multitude of coaches currently in Canada that are supposedly overlooked by the CSA again and again that everyone keeps bringing up. Who are those guys that would actually be interested in taking the job?

Also, your little "me against the world" act is quite tiresome. Posters don't get banned from here for saying what has been said numerous times before (and yes, I have heard your complaints here several times before from several other posters, most of whom are still around). However, once you begin being disrespectful to other posters, then there will be problems and even then the Mods do whatever they can to keep everyone involved. So, as the great Mr. Waits said: "Come down off your cross, we could use the wood". Start engaging in real discussion and start offering real solutions rather than brow-beating everyone else for not grabbing their pitchforks and storming Castle CSA.

Edit: I'd also like to add that this might work better in a new thread, or if people are worried about the discussion losing steam in that case, maybe a new thread for future Italy Updates, maybe something like what Ed does for Germany (new thread every month). BigBird, as this is mostly your thread, feel free to approach it however you'd like.

I would actually prefer a new Italy thread as well, which focuses on the results of the players. Leave the unrelated discussion outside in other threads.

When push comes to shove the anti CSA agendaists/whiners (this time its Jogakanata) can't name the multitudes of coaches or players who've been overlooked. It's quite tiresome actually that we have to constantly go through this.

They speak of conspiracy and generalities but when you ask them to name somebody (and we could actually help the situation if there was anybody overlooked) they go mute and b.i.t.c.h that the rest of us do nothing and are protecting the status quo.

I'd love to help publicize an unknown gem (remember INF). But I can't because these b.i.t.c.hers don't know any they just b.i.t.c.h for the sake of b.i.t.c.hing. Same old. same old until another newb comes along to start the cycle all over again.

"Who the cap fits, let them wear it"

"Dwight loewedges"

should have been a give-in if there was an real effort done on Csa/administrations part. Just and example!

The fact you say "this has all been said before" but yet we are still hear! speaks volumes. But I'll tone it down. Wouldn't want to be modded for disturbing the peace!:cool:

Imo!

I just feel alot of complacency! and alot of old boyism!.

And Thats not cool!!!!.

But thanks for the advice.

And sorry Bigbird for disturbing your thread! Really hope I get to see your Son play for the Seniors.:)

"Who the cap fits, let them wear it"

"Dwight loewedges"

should have been a give-in if there was an real effort done on Csa/administrations part. Just and example!

The fact you say "this has all been said before" but yet we are still hear! speaks volumes. But I'll tone it down. Wouldn't want to be modded for disturbing the peace!:cool:

Imo!

And Thats not cool!!!!.

But thanks for the advice.

And sorry Bigbird for disturbing your thread! Really hope I get to see your Son play for the Seniors.:)

Since you are the expert on Lodeweges, could you inform us as to what his current salary is with FC Edmonton? I wouldn't be surprised if he is being paid more than Hart let alone any of our youth coaches. Unless he had a dream to live in Edmonton, I doubt he went from Eredivisie coach to future NASL coach for pocket change.

And yet again, we don't hear any names of the multitudes overlooked.

And to think I had contracted the "I am a Trained Journalist" public relations agency to oversee the account and help publicize the unknown top level coaches driving those cabs. Oh well, same old , same old.

I agree its getting out of the abjective of the post I think your right if anyone wants to start a POst on this matter it should be new unless it has anything to do with Italy updates its fair I think unless EL hombre you wish to cut this off and I will start a new one no problem you do the right thing.

• 4 weeks later...
So the coaches are afraid of being told "I told you so". Does that make any sense at all after the cases of Owen H and JDG2. Don't you think they don't want anyone with potential to get away and have that dog them for the rest of their career. Let's give them a sliver of credit for having half a brain.
Trust me I don't want to dredge all this up again but I found this interesting in the light of Paul James' quote in the Red Nation Terry Dunfield interview

That's why I'm always defensive about lame posts about NT staff not working to keep or be aware of players. The conspiracy stuff never makes sense and the quote below proves it.

“The irony was that at the very same time Terry and Owen could have played for our U20 team back in 2001. Owen was clearly committed to England in that cycle, so for me I was on a mission to make sure it didn’t happen as well with Terry. We kept the communication open with his father and family, and they were very good with regards that they were always open to talking with me, but it was disappointing to know that there was even a decision to be made.”

• 2 weeks later...
nope cannot find anything on this player other then if he played with Prix they finshed last year in last place in their group and then were relegated this year from promozione to 1st categoria, here is the sequence of level up or down from Serie A

Serie A, Serie B, Lega pro 1, Lega Pro 2, serie D, eccellenza, promozione, 1 categoria, 2 categoria, 3 categoria.

He is a player born in 1989, i know he was registered with Calcio Tezze in the 2007/2008 season, as he has served game suspension in that year. if you tellme he was playing currently on Prix's last year team then he would be playing in 8th level this year...he also was found to be on this team of Ambrosiana G S D calcio who is currently playing in Eccellenza 2 up from Prix. He has fallen back 2 levels if the same player . But nothing on him after that at all.,..

hope this helps in your search...

Doekele van Wieren (1989) has played here in Italy since 2001. Doekele started playing soccer in Port Alberni and Nanaimo where he was well known even at an early age. He then began his Italian carrier, after playing for ½ season in Spain (Club Esportiu Premià), with Vicenza Calcio (Seria B) and then moved over of Montecchio Maggiore due to some youth cutbacks due financial constraints in the Vicenza Calcio organization. He stayed with Montecchio Maggiore (Seria D) until about 4 years ago whereupon he joined Tezze Calcio when they were playing in Eccelenza. His first game with the 1st team of Tezze was in Eccelenza but as things go in soccer went down to 1° Catagoria and thus Doekele went down with them. Doekele is now playing on the 1st team of Prix Due Torri. You can find details of this competition through some Italian websites (http://www.pianeta-calcio.it/?page=home and http://www.venetogol.it/home/index.cfm).

It is amazing how many young Canadian soccer players that are currently in Europe. I will like to offer my sign of hope that through this Canada will grow as a soccer country. It is though very difficult to go from the youth to the 1st teams especially after the years in which by Italian soccer federation rules whereby teams of certain categories MUST have a certain amount of youth players of certain ages (year of birth) playing and / or on the bench during any match.

Archived