Ali Gerba speaks out!

TFC07

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally got the stream to work.

Anyway all I can say is that is the best advertisement for the young players to go to Vancouver that I have ever heard. I hope he does well and glad to hear that it is "a joy" for him to play for the MNT. Thank you Ali, I hope you get back to having fun and scoring goals.

Gerba speaks so much truth in this interview, the unprofessional-ism, the revolving door of players, the constant mistakes of management and the zero ambition to create a stable foundation and give players a chance.The only good thing about TFC is the fans and Mo is cheating every single one of them.

I think he deserves a shot with the CMNT still as well only 27, yes his club situation is a little hazy, but his INT goal totals are second to none for Canada. He provides the CMNT with some confidence and poise up front, guys like DeRo, JDG and Friend are very comfortable when Gerba is out there as they trust him with the ball.

I like the fact Ali says he is more than willing to come back to TFC if they want him or when they sort things out with the upper management. I must say this interview bundled with 4 games of disappointment is leading me to believe everything Gerba has said.

Brennan for GM/Coach maybe he can return to the pitch as well.

Yeah, i tend to believe Ali too.

Christ, does anyone like Mo? His old school, hard-ass routine has gotten old in a hurry...and Preki isn't making too many friends either by the sounds of it.

The part where Gerba speaks about how this team has never had a foundation or even given a team a second chance is truly startling as really does anyone think next season will be any different. I can almost guarantee half these players maybe more won't be here in 365 days. Which to me is terrible for a team to have any success at any level of any sport club chemistry and consistency is needed and TFC has had zero of it over 4 seasons.

Does anybody believe if we would of just stuck with the core of group from season 1 and moved forward with small tweaking of the team the club would be 100 times closer to a playoff berth than they are now, just from the consistency of being together and creating a synergy bound squad.

Does anybody believe if we would of just stuck with the core of group from season 1 and moved forward with small tweaking of the team the club would be 100 times closer to a playoff berth than they are now, just from the consistency of being together and creating a synergy bound squad.

Considering that the number of former TFC players that didn'T fit the teams "culture" before, are now tearing up the league in their respective positions with other MLS teams, I tend to agree that the minor tweaks should have been made on the original team and left alone.

- Cunningham

- Buddle (who owns TFC's first ever assist)

- Casey

- and it seems Marvel Wynne!

I also believe Tyrone Marshall was a better fit than the majority of TFC's current defensive corp! Then again, TFC has gone through about as many coaches as mid-fielders it seems, so it might be as much an issue of lack of direction, than lack of chemstry.

Considering that the number of former TFC players that didn'T fit the teams "culture" before, are now tearing up the league in their respective positions with other MLS teams, I tend to agree that the minor tweaks should have been made on the original team and left alone.

- Cunningham

- Buddle (who owns TFC's first ever assist)

- Casey

- and it seems Marvel Wynne!

I also believe Tyrone Marshall was a better fit than the majority of TFC's current defensive corp! Then again, TFC has gone through about as many coaches as mid-fielders it seems, so it might be as much an issue of lack of direction, than lack of chemstry.

Your right as without direction, chemistry can't even start to develop.

The part where Gerba speaks about how this team has never had a foundation or even given a team a second chance is truly startling as really does anyone think next season will be any different. I can almost guarantee half these players maybe more won't be here in 365 days. Which to me is terrible for a team to have any success at any level of any sport club chemistry and consistency is needed and TFC has had zero of it over 4 seasons.

http://www.majorleaguesoccertalk.com/all-is-not-right-in-toronto/8699

This was my take on the situation...not with Ali G but the club in general.

http://www.majorleaguesoccertalk.com/all-is-not-right-in-toronto/8699

This was my take on the situation...not with Ali G but the club in general.

Hmmmm, that's interesting I'm from Vancouver so I'm not on top of everything done or said by the supporters groups, but from what I've seen at BMO they've been nothing but supportive of the team, I've never heard a lot of push from the groups for change all the time, unless it's to get Mo fired. I have more of a feeling that MLSE feels if they don't make changes quickly when things go bad that they could lose their loyal fan base, so changing things all the time can look from the outside that they are working towards a better team, when in fact it's making them worse.

The fans of TFC are the only consistent and successful part of TFC as it stands now. At least from the way I see things from way over on the west coast.

One thing is for sure when I heard that TFC has had 75 players over less than 4 seasons (on a team who has struggled to have a full squad) is a sign of something is wrong somewhere.

The number of: We need to get this player, We need to get rid of this player-threads is ridiculous and it dominates the RPB boards. I know they read the forums as they have Paul B posting on it. Somebody is listening to us.

We got JDG when we didn't need him, we got Gerba when we didn't need him. As I said on the RPB forums, I get the feeling that MLSE is letting us run the club half the time...

And that isn't to say we're not supportive...but the people want players in and out constantly, it causes problems than not.

I wish the impact would have a following like TFC ( i think we will one day); that said, the supporter groups should unite and perhaps boycott a game to show your displeasure to MLSE. Honestly, i think its time that a fan base of a MLSE franchise does something of the sort. MLSE's greatest asset in terms of its TFC franchise is not a stadium or a sponsor or a player its the fans and the amazing support it gets. I know the ultras have done it in the past and it forced an apology out of the management team.

Poor interview by Kristian Jack. Too many questions asking Ali what other people think. If you want to know what other people think, ask them directly. It was obvious he was trying to be controversial. There were leading questions all over the place.

Poor interview by Kristian Jack. Too many questions asking Ali what other people think. If you want to know what other people think, ask them directly. It was obvious he was trying to be controversial. There were leading questions all over the place.

I think he asked questions that needed to be asked, and questions everyone wanted to hear. We are getting no answers from TFC, so Jack got them from one of the players who was on the inside.

Yes, of course he is trying to stir up some things, but who doesn't right now, Preki and Mo have made some rash roster decisions of late with really no justifications. Especially since the players that have been brought into replace are not even as good of quality than who they replaced. Robinson, Gerba, Wynne, Serioux and Brennan are strides beyond Hscanovics, Cann, Saric, Gargan, and Harden.

I think it's an awesome interview.

Was Jack leading? Maybe a little, seeking heresay/third party opinion always will be mining but that doesn't make for poor journalism if your confident you have an honest and knowledgeable source.

Interview was always going to be difficult for Ali G as English isn't his native tongue, but there is no denying he came off as completely sincere (important) and to my mind open and honest (very important). Not traits which win any favours from your betters sometimes, but there is no denying he's raised numerous issues which have been discussed by TFC fans on this board and others.

75 players after three seasons? A lack of respect from management for "the help" and a new coach who in the opinion of this well traveled footballer hasn't brought any tactical genius to the training pitch but has brought a ****e pile of attitude and a whole lot of running? Memories of Carver, just change the accent.

Jim Brennan moves upstairs to the surprise of absolutely everyone. That was a nice bit there. Think Jack is hinting he knows more than he's letting on and is using Ali to draw out the point. Is that leading? Yes of course it is, but there's sound journalistic purpose to it. He's knitting together a theme. That the move upstairs is a face-saving exit for JB from the playing pitch into a token job is as much as what Ali G wouldn't say, but by that point in the interview he didn't have to.

Agree with Ali G or no, it was an awesome interview just for the voicing of that player's honest opinions. A voicing of opinions which in no way, shape, or form will do his future club career 1 degree of good. Not 1 degree. So why say anything at all?

If clearly not for his benefit than whose?

^Nobody likes a whistle-blower but sometimes those doing the complaining are right. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, has webbed feet and feathers chances are when it opens it's bill it's probably going to go "quack!". Even if said feathered water-foul wants to claim it's a cow and doesn't like being told by anybody it isn't, as a point of fact, a bovine. Tough ****, Bessy. Guess what? You're still a cow and the sooner certain people realize it the sooner we all get steak.

And as to PJ's reading of events, this pretty much says everything...

Ironically, this interview took place a day after TFC’s designated player Julian de Guzman – reportedly pulling in more this year than most of his teammates combined – cowardly jumped out of the way of a free kick which ostensibly prevented Toronto FC from gaining any points in their encounter with the Colorado Rapids.

LOL. Okay, I'll admit I drink more than is good for me but come on. That's what happened the other night is it? The Guz jumped out fo the way of the free kick 'cause he was scared was he? He just didn't make a hash of trying to make the wall bigger than it was? You know, exactly the sort of mishap you can see in every European league every weekend. No? He was scared, huh?

Okie-dokie.

^Nobody likes a whistle-blower but sometimes those doing the complaining are right. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, has webbed feet and feathers chances are when it opens it's beak it's probably going to go "quack!". Even if said feathered water-foul wants to claim it's a cow and doesn't like being told by anybody it isn't, as a point of fact, a bovine. Tough ****, Bessy. Guess what? You're still a cow and the sooner certain people realize it the sooner we all get steak.

Ironically, this interview took place a day after TFC’s designated player Julian de Guzman – reportedly pulling in more this year than most of his teammates combined – cowardly jumped out of the way of a free kick which ostensibly prevented Toronto FC from gaining any points in their encounter with the Colorado Rapids.

LOL. Okay, I'll admit I drink more than is good for me but come on. That's what happened the other night is it? The Guz jumped out fo the way of the free kick 'cause he was scared was he? He just didn't make a hash of trying to make the wall bigger than it was? You know, exactly the sort of mishap you can see in every European league every weekend. No? He was scared, huh?

Okie-dokie.

You often see players jumping out of wall in Euro leagues like JDG did??? Coming from a former La Liga player I thought it was a poor play by Jules. But I agree that PJ use of this example is a bit over the top but I guess PJ he's right about the sense of entitlement among some Canadians players.

As for Ali, I suspect PJ has been there with him.

It should also probably be noted the interview took place BEFORE the game in Colorado. If you watched The Score on Sunday morning they advertised this interview between 1-1:30pm - so it likely took place last week.

Good for speaking up Gerba, and i don't agree with PJ. So far Preki has not impressed. TFC almost make the playoffs and frankly looked pretty good at times last year. So they get rid of all their talent and they do it with utter disrespect! Its not always the good players that make good coaches Mo and Preki are testament to that.

He's definitely right about the sense of entitlement that often seems to surround the CMNT.

It's interesting, you talk with anyone who is a part of the CSA, no matter what part, and the general belief among those people is that the players with the CMNT are all a bunch of "Prima-Donnas" (direct quote from a member of CSA staff mind you!) that everyone has to tip-toe around. Relations between the players and those in the CSA still sounds a bit tight around the throat, which could rear its ugly head this year considering the amount and level or friendlies we have to play. I don't think any of us have any idea really how hard Hart's job is at this point...

Archived