Ali Gerba speaks out!

TFC07

I'd like to here the New Assistant GM's reaction as well, What does Jim Brennan have to say about Gerba's interview. As maybe he can shed a light on the situation form the point of view of someone who ended his career prematurely because of the pre-season.

LOL. Oh, you naughty boy.

Making grief for JB already! Give the man a break he's still learning what he needs to know for a successful office career.

I want to share something with you -- the three sentences that will get you through life. Number one, "Cover for me." Number two, "Oh, good idea, boss." Number three, "It was like that when I got here."

-- Homer Simpson

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is not exactly a ringing defence of the coach/manager from the guy that Preki himself chose to be captain:

"If it's not about the game, I don't want to talk about it .… Ali said what he had to say, and that's between him and the press," De Rosario said.

This is not exactly a ringing defence of the coach/manager from the guy that Preki himself chose to be captain:

"If it's not about the game, I don't want to talk about it .… Ali said what he had to say, and that's between him and the press," De Rosario said.

Well, you can see it both ways. Maybe DeRo wants to avoid criticizing his coach or maybe he doesn't want to go after a National teammate.

Well, you can see it both ways. Maybe DeRo wants to avoid criticizing his coach or maybe he doesn't want to go after a National teammate.

Do you really think Gerba is still in the NAtional team picture after this?

Yes, Hart likes Gerba and vise-versa from everything we've seen from both parties, so far.

They would probably wait on calling him till he gets a club situation worked out I would guess, but at 27 and a very impressive International goal tally I really don't see how you can cut him out for good. He has had club problems before that never really affected his CMNT play.

I don't see DeRo, JDG and Nana holding a grudge with Gerba, in fact most I would assume would still want him with TFC.

Bridges have not been burned between Gerba and anyone but Mo Johnston and Preki, everyone else seems to have taken the high road in terms of choosing sides which leads me to believe they are on Ali's side and don't want to upset their employers.

Ask the same of Conor Casey, Edson Buddle and Jeff Cunningham. If anything, getting cut loose from TFC helped their national team aspirations.

Ask the same of Conor Casey, Edson Buddle and Jeff Cunningham. If anything, getting cut loose from TFC helped their national team aspirations.

Yes but in the case of Canadians the picture is not so nice...Lombardo, Canizalez, Braz, Sutton... ;)

As for Kyam question, I do think Gerba will be in SA in May if he hasn't a club but Hart said on ICF this week that Gerba needs to find a club.

Grizz, my remark about Ali not being a refence for tactic was more a shot at him for his play on the field where he's really a poacher and doesn't offer you much in term of runs, positioning on the field, etc. He doesn't appear to me to be a player with a high soccer IQ.

he never came off as a genius but he never seemed poor in this regard. It takes a decent amount of tactical knowledge to be waiting at the end of a complicated tactic, and god knows weve seen a fair share of lads in the wrong place at the right time or being confused by their own teamates genius.

Archived