Vees Road trip - Toronto to Chicago - Semi Finals

Califax

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Squizz, Theaub, Califax - whoever is thinking of going to Chicago:

I would like to drop off the banners with you so they (or at least one) can be displyed at the Semi. I am leaving for florida on thursday so this has to happen soon. let me know.

I'm back east in halifax for the week so I won't be able to take banners. It looks like squizz has it taken care of that anyway. I'm 75% for Chicago right now and looking at renting another car so we should have a few days to get numbers for the ride. PS that beaver suit is sweeeeeeet...

quote:Originally posted by Lord Bob

Also, I still have one banner. I get home today so I'll be able to ship it out to whoever shall be taking them to Chicago, but just let me know well in advance.

I'm flying from Victoria to Toronto on Friday and could potentially take it with me.

quote:Originally posted by bettermirror

As a mod I was tempted to delete this because you guys just blood jinxed the lads in Philly!!!!!

I know, I didn't want to write it, but I was trying to tread softly. Just wanted to be prepared in case, though, worst case scenario, I would fully accept all blame... except, no, blame the winnipeg guys because they did it first... ;)

quote:Originally posted by theaub

There's no such thing as a jinx, don't worry (I was going to make this topic if you didn't).

Anyone know some decent deals on hotels/etc? If I go I'll be there from Thursday-Saturday.

Campgrounds KOA are 29 a night search Hotwire.com for hotels from 41 dollars at Ohare, usually a good deal from Hotwire, you only need bed, toilet and shower right ?

So at 41 a night .. cheap price.

Cant imagine why you TFC supporters cant get up to 1000 people to go ?

That's pretty cheap...I ended up going on a mini vacation since the White Sox play Thursday afternoon and the Cubs are there the next day so I am at the Hyatt (woo high class!). However I think we should get a general section in mind so we can buy tickets tomorrow night.

quote:Originally posted by Trillium

Campgrounds KOA are 29 a night search Hotwire.com for hotels from 41 dollars at Ohare, usually a good deal from Hotwire, you only need bed, toilet and shower right ?

So at 41 a night .. cheap price.

Cant imagine why you TFC supporters cant get up to 1000 people to go ?

Getting there: flying $414 from Toronto or $319 from Buffalo OR drive 9 hours.

Would be nice to see lots of Impact fans make the trip too.

If only rail travel was anything on this beautiful continent.

The first section that pops up at the $30 price level is section 220, which is behind one of the nets, just off to the side a bit. Probably decent seats. I checked on ticketmaster and was able to find 20 tickets in a row available.

If we make it, I'd be willing to do a mini group-buy of 10 tickets or so and collect payment by email transfer or at the game. If one or more others did the same, there's your supporters section.

It'd be nice to get a front row, since I have all the Voyageurs banners. But that's probably not possible, so I would probably just end up bringing the big V's flag.

Dammit, I hope this thread doesn't end up biting us in the ass.

Yeah I saw 220 row 10...there's also 115 row 16 (for 20 seats) but that's $60 a ticket which is quite a bit. Hell if we did 10 tickets we can get like 10 rows up at midfield (expensive but also good for the TV audience).

Regardless, I'll sit wherever you guys do. I'd like to do the group buy thing myself but my credit card doesn't have a high enough limit. If someone else wants to do it I'm in for two tickets guaranteed.

Archived