UM02 protestation saturday

quote:Appel à la mobilisation

À la suite de la disgracieuse performance de l’Impact de Montréal face au Toronto FC, les Ultras Montréal ont décidé de dénoncer ce manque de respect envers le public montréalais. Nous invitons tous les abonnés en 114 et ailleurs à les appuyer dans leur démarche.

Comme notre équipe a décidé de ne jouer qu’à moitié jeudi dernier, les Ultras Montréal ont décidé de ne les appuyer qu’à moitié ce samedi face aux Whitecaps de Vancouver. Ainsi, les Ultras ne se présenteront pas au stade en première mi-temps.

Nous vous invitons à la Brasserie 99, où nous regarderons la première mi-temps ensemble, avant de nous rendre au stade à temps pour la deuxième demie.

Merci d’appuyer notre démarche afin de faire passer notre message.

Looked interesting so here's the Google trans -

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Call for mobilization

In response to the disgraceful performance of the Montreal Impact at Toronto FC side, the Ultras Montreal have decided to denounce the lack of respect for the Montreal public. We invite all subscribers in 114 and elsewhere to support them in that.

As our team has decided to play only half last Thursday, Ultras Montreal have decided to support only half the Saturday deal with Vancouver Whitecaps. Thus, the Ultras will not stage the first half.

We invite you to Brasserie 99, where we look at the first-time together before we get to the Stadium in time for the second half.

Thank you to support our approach to our message.

quote:Impact fans, unite!

After the disgraceful performance offered by the Montreal Impact against Toronto FC, the Ultras Montréal have decided to protest against this lack of respect towards Impact fans. We invite all season ticket holders in 114 and elsewhere to support us in our initiative.

Since our team decided not to give it 100 % against Toronto, we decided to do the same this coming Saturday against the Vancouver Whitecaps. Therefore, the Ultras will not show up for the first half of the game.

We invite everyone to join us at Brasserie 99 (4240, Hochelaga), where we will watch the first half of the game on TV. We will then walk to the stadium in time for the second half kick-off.

Thank you for supporting our effort and helping us getting our message across.

quote:Originally posted by morbital

they always have been, the impact orgainization on the other hand...

I've ALWAYS been disappointed with the office... but this is the first time I've been ashamed...

Looks like NDS will finally be fired for real.

I think the Administration and the Players forget one big thing in this tough economic time people come to games to be entertained and watch a team play. The Impact players ripped off the paying fan took their money and acted like Donkeys for 90' ... great work Ultras ! this will send a message to those who decided to take June 18th 2009 as a day off !!

I don't think the protest will do much..has to be more radical than that..but meh..I know if this were South America and this happened the players would be afraid to visit there own stadium, for fear of their Club Supporter's hounding them or ganging up on them demanding answers. I say show signs or throw banners onto the field, saying "Impact 2009 with No Pride, Honour, etc"

quote:Originally posted by MTL_4_LIFE

The players, coaching staff, ADMINISTRATION better get the message

TFC fans staged a similar, but far less organized protest, storming out of the stadium after the LA Galaxy's second goal two weeks ago, and proceeded to protest in front of the stadium.

But one of the demands of protesters was a grass field... they announced that they will be getting a field in the fall.

Of course, it is yet to be seen if the Management will actually implement their promise (MLSE breaks promises worst than our Politicians)... But that fact they responded means they are listening.

Joey Saputo will likely be pressured to at least respond to UM02, since the Impact relies on grass root support. Without it, their is no Montreal Impact.

quote:Originally posted by kyam

TFC fans staged a similar, but far less organized protest, storming out of the stadium after the LA Galaxy's second goal two weeks ago, and proceeded to protest in front of the stadium.

Ummmm, no. There was post-game protest but to stay a "storming out" took place would be untrue. About 30 to 40 people did walk out at a certain point in the game but the reality is that those of us in 112 and 113 barely noticed them leave.

Let's not overstate things here.

quote:Originally posted by dbailey62

Ummmm, no. There was post-game protest but to stay a "storming out" took place would be untrue. About 30 to 40 people did walk out at a certain point in the game but the reality is that those of us in 112 and 113 barely noticed them leave.

Let's not overstate things here.

You missed my point... TFC and MLSE responded to the protest, so if its only 30-40 people, then it just proves my point even more, than Management is listening, and that an organized Montreal Ultras led protest will have an impact.

I currently live\work in Ottawa, I pass by the CSA Headquarters on Metcalf and Somerset on a daily basis..

I only wish the same 30-40 TFC protesters and Montreal Ultras organizing their own protest would yield the same effort to protest the CSA and their Provincial affiliates for reform.

quote:The Impact players ripped off the paying fan took their money and acted like Donkeys for 90'
From the looks of the TV, the majority of the paying fans didn't even bother to show up ... so I don't think they felt particularly ripped off by the actual performance, as they majority of the fans didn't seem to care. The only section that seemed well filled were full of people in red ... and they didn't look too disappointed either.

quote:Originally posted by kyam

But one of the demands of protesters was a grass field...

Are you serious?

quote:Originally posted by Mpenza

Are you serious?

It did indeed happen. I'm told that during an after game interview one of RSN's talking heads had to explain to Bruce Arena what all the noise was about. I'm told Arena actually commented in a positive way about the passion of TFC fans to do something like that.

But MLSE has since that protest said that getting grass down at BMO as soon as possible is the goal. The hold-up is with certain municipal bureaucrats in Toronto alone. Even Mayor David Miller (an unabashed TFC fan and season ticket holder) wants grass down at BMO.

quote:Originally posted by nfitz

From the looks of the TV, the majority of the paying fans didn't even bother to show up ... so I don't think they felt particularly ripped off by the actual performance, as they majority of the fans didn't seem to care. The only section that seemed well filled were full of people in red ... and they didn't look too disappointed either.

Dude seriously your TFC high should be wearing off by now but there were more Impact fans in the Stadium than TFC fans ... so MOST fans did get ripped off! dont sugar coat it with your BS !

Here is an article from the Vancouver Sun. Good that this disgrace to football and the honour and reputation of our team is getting national coverage.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Montreal+fans+hope+protest+will+have+lasting+Impact/1714736/story.html

Montreal fans hope protest will have lasting Impact

By Gary Kingston, Vancouver SunJune 19, 2009Comments (2)

Story

Photos ( 1 )

Vancouver Whitecaps Ansu Toure gets upended by Miami Blues Tim Merritt in soccer Friday night, June 12, 2009, at Swangard Stadium in Vancouver, B.C.

Photograph by: Steve Bosch, Vancouver Sun

A dismal performance Thursday by what was essentially the Montreal Impact ‘B’ team has sparked the USL First Division squad’s fan club to call for a boycott of the opening half of today’s nationally televised game with the Vancouver Whitecaps.

The Impact, injury-riddled and missing key striker Eddy Sebrango who returned home to Cuba for family reasons, dressed several backups and were demolished 6-1 by Toronto FC at Saputo Stadium. The win gave Toronto the Nutrilite Canadian championship on goal differential over the Vancouver Whitecaps after both teams finished the three-team double round-robin tournament with identical 3-1-0 records.

Winning the Voyageurs Cup allows Toronto FC to move on to the CONCACAF Champions League this summer against the Puerto Rico Islanders.

The Impact, who had nothing to play for, played like it as a dejected group of Whitecaps looked on from the stands. And they weren’t the only ones upset by the Impact’s futile effort.

“After the disgraceful performance offered by the Montreal Impact against Toronto FC, the Ultras Montreal have decided to protest the lack of respect towards Impact fans,” the Ultras wrote on a Canadian soccer website.

“We invite all season ticket holders . . . to support us in our initiative. Since our team decided not to give it 100 per cent against Toronto, we decided to do the same thing Saturday against the Vancouver Whitecaps.”

The Ultras will not show up for the first half. They’re inviting like-minded fans to watch the first half on TV at a local pub, then walk to the stadium in time for the second half.

Nick De Santis, the Impact’s technical director, said the Thursday debacle was “unacceptable” but added that he supported coach Marc Dos Santos’ decision to rest guys for today’s league game.

“But I made it clear to our players, Marc did as well, that if they thought there was no significance in Thursday’s game, then make things right even though we know Vancouver is going to come out livid and will have a point to prove,” De Santis told the Montreal Gazette.

The Whitecaps have some player issues of their own, however. Striker Charles Gbeke and central defender Wesley Charles will both serve the first game of two-game suspensions. With Jeff Parke (turf toe) sidelined and Justin Thompson having quit the team to concentrate on his business, the Caps are thin at the back.

Up front, Gbeke’s absence means fit-again Marlon James and Marcus Haber will partner as a striker tandem.

“I think Marcus and Marlon make a good combination as strikers because they can hold the ball up, as well as threaten the space in behind the defenders,” head coach Teitur Thordarson told whitecapsfc.com. “We have more speed available in our attack, which is what I’m very much looking forward to utilizing in our two away games.”

Speed and likely some anger.

“The Whitecaps will do everything in their power to avenge what happened on Thursday night,” said Dos Santos. “We will have to be ready to face an enraged team. The Montreal Impact will have to reveal their true character.”

And they may have to do it in front of a lot of empty seats, at least in the first half.

gkingston@vancouversun.com

quote:Originally posted by nolbertos

Wow..nice Vancouver Sun article, so which UMO2 member mailed there story to the Sun :D...we'll see what transpires on the CBC.

I don't think anyone mailed it to the Sun, they probably took it here. It was also posted in english in the comments section of the Gazette and CBC in the articles about the game against TFC. As far as I'm concerned that is the only place it was diffused in english.

Some may consider it to be in bad taste, but since the game will be nationally televised on the national broadcaster as part of 'Soccer Day in Canada' I will be going to the game in TFC red. Since it's 'Soccer Day in Canada' I will also be rocking my FC London scarf at the same time.

quote:Originally posted by FootyDude seriously your TFC high should be wearing off by now but there were more Impact fans in the Stadium than TFC fans ... so MOST fans did get ripped off! dont sugar coat it with your BS !
???????????????

I never said there were more TFC fans at the stadium than Impact fans. What I said is that most Impact fans failed to show up; from the shots on TV, the seats were more than half empty. Ergo most fans weren't there (as the game was sold out), so most couldn't have been ripped off.

How did you turn that into me saying there were more TFC fans than Impact fans????????

Archived