UM02 protestation saturday

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

Here is the video of the CBC announcers talking about the protest and then the subsequent arrival of UM.

Nice, thanks for that, I wanted to show my soccer buddies, most of whom are the "I support Juventus despite never living in Italy" type folks that Canadian soccer fans are more sophisticated than just the flag waving types...

Of course, its impossible to get these folks to watch the game, so its far easier to shove an 8 min vid down their throats...

quote:Originally posted by MTL_4_LIFE

At 3:30 you start seeing the Ultras. AND at 6:43 - 6:52 good shot of the Ultras.

Grizzly posted the same vid...

I know the game was already on so they weren't going to take hte camera away from the game for long, but I sort wish the cameras caught the crew file in to the stands.

Would have made for a much better effect, but at least the commentators gave viewers the context behind it.

quote:Originally posted by Mpenza

So anyway... what was that protest about in Toronto?

3 straight losses, 3-nil to Houston, 2-nil to the Whitecaps and 2-1 to LA on two Velez screw-ups...

I was happy they took the initiative, it even got the attention of the US Soccer Media (ESPN, CNNSI, Fox Sports etc...), but I don't think it got as much attention in Canada as the UM02 protest...

Ives Galarcep (ESPNSports) sums it up well http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2009/06/canadian-corner-fan-power-alive-and-well-north-of-the-49.html

quote:Originally posted by kyam

Grizzly posted the same vid...

I know the game was already on so they weren't going to take hte camera away from the game for long, but I sort wish the cameras caught the crew file in to the stands.

Would have made for a much better effect, but at least the commentators gave viewers the context behind it.

YA i know it's the same video. I'm just pointing out when you see the ULTRAS.

Archived