July 22nd: MTL @ TFC for all the marbles [R]

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Rudi

I love amrbles :D

D'oh! Corrected.

As for the biggest game. I'd say the 1994 final remains the biggest for the Impact, as that put them on the map.

Second is between this game and the 2004 final (depending on the result on the 22nd).

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

The atmosphere for the game should be electric (if the game against Vancouver was any indication).

How many traveling Montreal supporters can we expect?

What is the ticket availabilty .. are there going to be scalpers outside ?

quote:Originally posted by themodelcitizen

This will be the first time we're getting a real "cup final" atmosphere at BMO. (and no, the Carlsberg Cup doesn't count) Can't wait. I wonder if TFC have a trophy case set up and ready? [8D]

That game had a pretty damn good atmosphere if you ask me, especially considering it was a friendly!

I don't get CBC Bold so I'm going to watch this one on TLN (with Italian commentary ...urgh. Will TLN be producing the game themselves and for people more familiar with TLN, so they do a good job of producing games?

quote:Originally posted by leafdolfan

big screen over small computer stream

Don't worry its about the same quality. While I like that they are carrying this games, the quality makes me wish my tv had the ability to scale down the image so its only a quarter of the size.

tbh sometimes the Italian feed is better than the commentary on offer elsewhere. It's not as bad with CBC, but during Champions League games with Italian teams I often find it more bearable to watch TLN with the rapidfire Italian voiceover than Tommy Smyth and that other guy on ESPN's feed that TSN picks up.

quote:Originally posted by Trillium

What is the ticket availabilty .. are there going to be scalpers outside ?

check the ticket exchange on RPB and U-Sector. There are bound to be some tickets available at face value so you don't have to deal with the scalper scumbags

So is there a good reason other than a baseball game or something lame like that why this game has been bumped to a secondary station (Bold)? This is the Canadian Championship, and it's barely getting national coverage on a secondary channel!

Might this game be televised on the CBC French channel, Radio-Canada?

The reason I'm optimistic is that I happened to check out the Impact game played last weekend (vs Rochester?) on Radio-Canada and it was in glorious Hi-Definition !!

Now there are all sorts of political games at play when it comes to how our Quebec brethren are treated with respect to the money that gets thrown at them, but I've yet to see a Toronto FC game on CBC in high-def. But that's a topic for a different forum.

At any rate, I'll try to check out Radio-Canada's TV schedule.

Archived