July 22nd: MTL @ TFC for all the marbles [R]

9 League Games @ home

2 goals let in, 0 losses.

Yea our backlines so suspect at home... can you please come up with some real flaws about our team, rather then throwing out these dumb lines, TFC have alot of flaws with there team. Just use your brain and come up with one.

Tuesday we show the impact what its like to play infront of a hostile crowd. These boys wont know what hit em! Our boys are gonna be up for the game and its going to be a game we can all talk about forever.

WkSDnNvH.jpg

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by SeanKeay

These boys wont know what hit em! Our boys are gonna be up for the game and its going to be a game we can all talk about forever.

WkSDnNvH.jpg

I was wondering why Captain Comic hadn't said anything yet. There he is, folks! [8D]

quote:Originally posted by Mpenza

I was wondering why Captain Comic hadn't said anything yet. There he is, folks! [8D]

Funny, I thought you had been posting throughout this entire thread...

quote:Originally posted by JayWay

Hardly. Montreal is insignificant. A semi-pro franchise followed by semi-pro supporters.

Ahhh, I love quoting things like these, so they can't be deleted later.

But make no mistake, this is NOT proof of Torontonian arrogance, people.

:)

quote:Originally posted by Trident

Of course I'm arrogant. Why wouldn't I be? Our city is so much better than yours.

quote:Originally posted by hamiltonfan

Jayway, i no ur just trying to be a little cocky, but dumb comment. Regardless of the team that Toronto is playing, this is the most by far the biggest game for TFC.

I'd say he's doing some decent trash talking.

quote:Originally posted by Trident

Much like everything else, Toronto took Montreal's lead in the arrogance department and made it better.

quote:Originally posted by JayWay

Hardly. Montreal is insignificant. A semi-pro franchise followed by semi-pro supporters.

So since Vancouver beat you at home, and TFC could only muster a draw on the return leg, does that mean TFC is even less significant than Montreal?

You and the other plastics need to check the trophy cabinet:

32 years, and sweet eff all.

As much as I hate 'em, I can't wait to see Montreal dodging urine in Nicaragua.

quote:Originally posted by Johnnie Monster

So since Vancouver beat you at home, and TFC could only muster a draw on the return leg, does that mean TFC is even less significant than Montreal?

Plastic is backing another team in the same league simply because your team is out of the competition.

I do love this, though. Some healthy trash talk is fun on the day before a cup final, even if Montreal seems to need the tree-huggers' help in creating any sort of witty banter.

quote:Originally posted by TFC07

Ohhhhhh Toronto,

I'm going crazy!

Oh yes it's true!

Something has come over me,

and I don't know what to do,

my life is not worth living if I cannot sing for you!

Ohhhhhh Toronto!

Great, now the Limp Act are going to steal that too. :([:P]:D

quote:Originally posted by Johnnie Monster

Sample size and chance have a funny way of obscuring reality.

You USLers punched above your weight and got your one day in the sun. I'm sure you'll commemorate the day for years to come.

But that's over now. It's time for big brother to take out the trash and claim the trophy that is rightfully ours... but not before removing the stench of second-hand smoke and tar. Three years in Montreal will do that.

quote:

Are you talking about our trophy cabinet or your love life?

The lame insults coming out of Toronto is rather comical. As for Vancouver's "day in the sun", seriously guys... give your heads a shake. You're not that big a deal.

The great thing about being in Vancouver is that we've had PLENTY of glory days to cheer about. Things will only get better once we move into your league and routinely dominate you like the gimp from Pulp Fiction.

In the past year or so we've got a combined 2 wins & 2 draws v. Toronto and LA this past year. No losses to MLS.

Going back a littel further, we've also beat Sunderland, and we've beat Cardiff City FC, both of which were fielding damn-near A-squads (missing a starter, two tops). And don't go spouting any crap about "unfit preseasoned UK glamour matches" - those boys came to play, and play they did.

But of all the teams mentioned here, I would still put Montreal at the top as the one team that is hardest to beat. I have no idea why TFC fans take such pride in crowing about Vancouver's elimination from the CL, because their team had bugger all to do with it. Montreal did the dirty work for them.

Montreal is tough as hell to play against, and if TFC goes in cocky, they are going to lose.

Archived