July 22nd: MTL @ TFC for all the marbles [R]

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

Heh. I spray-painted that in five minutes about 2 hours before kick-off.

I just logged online for the first time since yesterday. Did any of you guys get a picture of it from your end? And did it get on TV? :D

Oh yeah I got a good shot of it. Couldn't let that one go without taking a pic of it. It'll be on the Ultras site at some point, when we decide to upload pics... maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow, I'm not sure. Just grab it from there if you want it.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Mpenza

Oh yeah I got a good shot of it. Couldn't let that one go without taking a pic of it. It'll be on the Ultras site at some point, when we decide to upload pics... maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow, I'm not sure. Just grab it from there if you want it.

Good stuff. Even amongst the mud-slinging, I like the mutual respect between supporters groups.

For the record, I thought you guys were man-for-man the best away supporters to ever come to BMO for a TFC game. Section 8 (Chicago) and Barra Brava/Screaming Eagles (DC) showed up in bigger numbers, but you guys brought it last night in a way that those guys could only dream of.

Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely bitter about the game, but I'm glad that club soccer has gotten to this level in Canada.

For the record, I thought you guys were man-for-man the best away supporters to ever come to BMO for a TFC game. Section 8 (Chicago) and Barra Brava/Screaming Eagles (DC) showed up in bigger numbers, but you guys brought it last night in a way that those guys could only dream of.

Wow. Thanks.

That's probably the biggest compliment someone ever made us.

It's a weird season. We've had the Rochester Stampede offering to put up a banner to support us and the U-Sector complimenting us on our performance in Toronto.

The end of the world must be near. :D

Nice march by the way! When we saw you in the distance it really looked impressive. Really nice.

quote:

I'll second that. I have season tickets at the top of 105 - right next to where you where, so I see all the opposition groups up close. You were by far the best.

Well I'm a neutral and I thought the reffing was pretty poor. I thought Montreal by and large deserved what they got, but TFC got away with things Monteral wasn't. That being said I wasn't sure there was much in the foul on the counter-attack on Gjertsen (I think it was Gjertsen). . . that free kick led to a corner which led to the goal . . .

I was thinking I'd never seen a visiting team score on a corner from the south end of BMO either.

I thought it was a great competition and the supporters were a huge part of making it so. I was hoping the winner would win the match last night, but it wasn't to be.

Best of luck to Montreal. Do us all proud.

cheers,

matthew

Good stuff. Even amongst the mud-slinging, I like the mutual respect between supporters groups.

Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely bitter about the game, but I'm glad that club soccer has gotten to this level in Canada.

How did the smoke bombs look like from far?

quote:Originally posted by Trillium

I hope Ottawa and the Melnyk group get a franchise in USL or MLS.. it would be fun to see the visitor groups put in the North side...

word is the Melnyk group are quite serious about bringing pro soccer to Ottawa. that would be quite a nice compeition between TFC, Ottawa and Impact, if it were to happen.

Guest speedmonk42

If we ended up with four MLS teams that would be beyond, way beyond anyone's wildest expectations.

If we can make Montreal and Vancouver hit it out of the park.... well....

quote:Originally posted by speedmonk42

If we ended up with four MLS teams that would be beyond, way beyond anyone's wildest expectations.

If we can make Montreal and Vancouver hit it out of the park.... well....

But isn't that a shame? That we would be overjoyed with four top flight teams?

If only the CSA would have supported the Canadian Soccer League(handouts) like they supported TFC in the beginning.

Archived