Promoting the WCQ

Califax

I Wanted to throw out there that I have access to HD video equipment. If anyone was organized enough to get together a video blitz for ticket buying, I'd be glad to lend some time. Throw some shots from games past, together along with our "message". Maybe something linked off youtube of something that can be sent around as a way to promote getting support for the games. We Get lucky we can play it at BMO...

Anyway if anyone has any ideas or this is of interest, please gimmie a shout.

I think this would be an excellent idea. Youtube combined with a facebook campaign so that we can network with all of our respective contacts coule be very powerful. A properly branded event page with promo video and lots of support friendly access information could be vital.

Sam's Army always does an excellent job of publicising their match-day plans and I think we should do the same.

If we cut some clips of highlights intertwined with some info on the WCQ campaign and some info on the Voyageurs - I think it would be a really positive tool.

Ohhh....I like shiny objects.

A fresh round of Vs spam will be hitting the web-mail waves as soon as the Round 3 fixtures are announced. A link included in the newsletter to a promo-vid would be outstanding.

If not for the very immediate future than the near future. This is a gig worth pursuing.

Ha! I love this sort of grassroots activism.

Califax - this is a fantastic idea. Let me know if you want some help screening video to use, or to bounce storyboarding off someone.

All: If the video put together is half the video the CFL has done, this could be much bigger than a simple YouTube video. You might have seen a 90-second version on TSN; the link below leads to a 4-minute English video and the 90-second French version. I think it's a great statement about the fans and the passion that the CFL generates...which is the same message we want to get out about the passion for the MNT. Take a look, maybe it'll spark some ideas for this project.

http://ca.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=cfltv

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=BS1jCfg7Qxc&feature=user

Great start. Excellent for on-line use.

Personally I'd remove the animation around the dates/match-ups and place them on a single closing screen (and therefore eliminate the looping). That is your focus on this campaign so you'd want to leave it on the screen. Perhaps that static approach I like isn't as attractive for a flash ad?

One message I think is important to convey is the concept of "our team" in addition to the "our time". The incentive to get people to come to those games is pride in ownership, sense of belonging. I don't know if you agree or not. I don't have any specific ideas, although a picture of the V's at a game combined with a "This our our team" caption is one place to start the creative process.

I would also replace the black background behind the "Now it's our turn" with a picture of current team members just to maintain continuity. I'm also going to troll for pictures of the stadiums with people in them - looks better IMHO. (Although the lack of people is a valid symbol for drawing people to the game, I'm not sure it's effective in getting a positive message out around attending the match. Have to see what others think.) The photo of the Impact at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreal_Impact is what I'm thinking...except it's Claude Robillard. :)

Start adding some video for a 60-second spot (I like the picture chosen and the thought behind it for a web spot, and like the addition of the soccer ball using the Mexico logo to provide context), someone come up with a talk track, and you've got a multimedia ad campaign!

Again, great work!

I loved the flash. I also don't mind the go canada as its familiar to those we'd want to convert.

I'm gonna look at getting as much video to put something together in the next few days. that being said I had an idea about tickets.....

We paid 15 bucks for our supporters seats at saputo. I would have paid at 75, (as i'm not a TFC season ticket holder and have paid that to sit in supporters seats). The other lads that we made the trip to the game with also said that they would pay that much, as i'm sure most of you would.

So my idea is, pay 75 bucks, but you get tickets in groups of 5. Then it is on each person on the this board to bring 4 other people that would not otherwise go to the game. That will eat up seats very quickly. Give em away, get you buddy to buy you a pitcher, whatever.

I know a lot of people might have reservations about this, but if we can push bulk tickets and recruit, we could make this a little better by ourselves...

I had an idea for the Edmonton match of a youtube clip combining the audio and some of the video from the singing of O Canada at Rexall in the Stanley Cup finals against Carolina and then shots of Canada in action - DeGuzman against Brazil, the Gerba goal against Guatemala. Just some quick cutting of clips that are out there with the O Canada in the background, but maybe the whole bit of the crowd taking over at the 'with glowing hearts . . .'

Then some simple over-the-top text after the video like: It's time to stand on guard. Mexico is coming, answer the call on October 15 at Commonwealth. . ..

If I had the equipment I'd do it myself, but just thought I'd throw the idea out there.

I like the flash btw. Good work.

I really like the idea of a Voyageurs-generated that can be emailed or linked to to get people fired up about qualifying.

cheers,

matthew

Hey guys...it looks like some good ideas are being generated. I think this is going to be an incredible project if we get everything figured out.

Someone created a pretty nice poster and I cannot remember the source, so please note this is not my work and hopefully someone can identify it as it makes a nice graphic.

Maybe this can be used (With creators permission) http://www.eng.uwaterloo.ca/~edean/images/canadartwc20101280x1024tc5.jpg

Holy ****e that is an awesome poster! As for the flash add, I like the idea of using images of the current MNT instead of the '86 squad (although it is a nice homage to them), and use the font for the lettering that you used in the first version, but make it bright white instead of the faded white so it is easily legible.

I think that you could still use the idea from the first version for the game dates, but perhaps have all the game dates written out, and enlarge and highlight each of them with the background of the stadium when drawing attention to them. I hope that made sense, I just got finished blowing out a massive Trane exterior condensing unit in the sun and it's +32 outside.

Just to follow onto Tuscan's thought around the match schedule text...I would suggest the fly-in approach is acceptable, with the changing stadium background behind each as they fly in. Once you place all of the text on the screen, people are drawn to all of the text, losing the value of the stadium (and potentially the viewer's eye-balls once they've read the text).

Nice touch w/ the V's logo - was wondering when and where that'd get in there. Nice addition. Also...keep the '86, just find a pic of some of the current players as a transition item. The poster is one approach to that (although the aspect ratio is all wrong for the work you've done to-date).

Sorry Tuscan - liked one or two of your ideas, didn't exactly agree with the rest even though I agree with your concepts 100%. Stay cool - maybe ask one of the owners of those A/C condensors if you can step inside the building for a few hours? :)

love the both poster and the new flash.

I'm working with sportsnet, so i'm in the process of pulling as much game footage as i can from the archives, or finding out if it's legal...lol. This should make for a decent vid if i get it.

Archived