Promoting the WCQ

Califax

I think the key for many casual football fans, or avid football fans new to following Canada, would be to leverage some of the personalities. DeGuz, DeRo, Hutch, Deisel and more are real good interviews and high profile guys who could be our Henry, Ronaldinho, Beckham, and Materazzi if we cold somehow get our media to feature them more prominently. I've often thought about a Flash tool that could be really interesting, where you have the pictures of all the principal CMNT players, presented in nice graphics, and when you click on them you get a nice stat sheet, quick bio, likes and dislikes, etc., and a link to a highlights comp of that player. If done nicely it could be the type of tool some of the websites might be interested in having a link to, like TSN and Sportsnet. It would draw in people who might see the CMNT as just a bunch of random dudes in red who are hard to relate to. It would take a little co-operation from the players. Anyone feel it could be feasible? I know a little Flash. I don't know any CMNT players, haha.

I like the ideas....looks like ticket sales are starting up this July 14th....It would be nice if we could have something completed by then so when some of us send out mass emails to friends to purchase on the 14th...we can link something with it.

Keep up the good work lads/.

I like the ideas....looks like ticket sales are starting up this July 14th....It would be nice if we could have something completed by then so when some of us send out mass emails to friends to purchase on the 14th...we can link something with it.

Keep up the good work lads/.

OK, here are some additions I made: http://kratima.net/promo_canada_v3.html

- I added De Rosario's picture as a transition from past to present and faded it after, but kept it there;

- I changed a bit the font;

- I put a little more attention on The Voyageurs signature to this ad;

The way I thought about this is ad is that basically it should be an informal one. I don't know where it will be posted, if so, I start by playing, so...

I think the empty stadiums in the first version was a bad idea, as well as the fly in/out effect for the names of the countries. I also think that removing the looping is the best.

Anyway, the ad is there. If anyone is interested in it, it's for free. I also have the source file available for anyone wants to adjust it.

Cheers.

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

Can we have it enlarged and placed on our site ? I would like that stickied on the forum and also placed on our home page.

I could stretch it or scale it or rearrange it according to different sizes. But I need to know these sizes. The actual size is 160x300 pixels. Should I add a link on it so you could click and hit canadian-soccer.com?

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

Could that be turned into a screen-saver ?

I don't know.

Thank you for the nice words.

Because I had a request for the ad to be placed on a blog with a white background, I did a version without the dark background and I updated the address where you can see or get the ad, as well as the source file: http://kratima.net/canada_files/promo_canada.html

About the screensaver, I don't know. Even if I could get the required software, the quality of the images used fits in a small ad, but not to cover a whole screen.

Speaking about images, there are some credits I should add: www.bigsoccer.com (for the 1986 players), www.canadasoccer.com (for De Rosario's picture) and this board's user MegasAlexandros (for the Voyageurs picture).

Archived