CANADA @ St. V & Gs - tv, radio, web streams

Broton

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Daniel

It's been mentioned that St-VAG doesn't have the facilities to broadcast the game live from the stadium.

I believe BS has already been called on that claim, because the same stadium hosted matches as part of the well-covered cricket World Cup recently.

quote:Originally posted by jonovision

I believe BS has already been called on that claim, because the same stadium hosted matches as part of the well-covered cricket World Cup recently.

Different angles perhaps?

The stadium was just redone for cricket, not football.

Still not cool!

quote:Originally posted by bungey

This is great news. But a heads up -- in the past whenever all of us Voyageurs log onto a webcast we inevitably bring it to a halt or crash the webcast server altogether. We've got most of a week to plan something -- how can we work it out so we can all see the game?

We could try to set up a peer-to-peer re-broadcast of their stream. We'd have to hope that would keep enough people off the NBC server so that our re-broadcaster could get a good quality stream.

We can listen to any one of these streams tomorrow.

"Saint Vincent & the Grenadines has announced that its home match will be broadcast live via internet radio on three stations: NBC Radio (nbcsvg.com), NICE Radio (bdsnice.servehttp.com) and STAR Radio (star983fm.com). "

http://canadasoccer.com/eng/media/viewArtical.asp?Press_ID=3217

What I don't get is why is the Jun 20 match only live on sportsnet pacific. That is why I hate that network. Too many other commitments (mostly Blue Jays)

quote:Originally posted by paul-toronto

We can listen to any one of these streams tomorrow.

"Saint Vincent & the Grenadines has announced that its home match will be broadcast live via internet radio on three stations: NBC Radio (nbcsvg.com), NICE Radio (bdsnice.servehttp.com) and STAR Radio (star983fm.com). "

http://canadasoccer.com/eng/media/viewArtical.asp?Press_ID=3217

What I don't get is why is the Jun 20 match only live on sportsnet pacific. That is why I hate that network. Too many other commitments (mostly Blue Jays)

Unfortunately, Sportsnet is up to its usual tricks. I remember watching Canada play its away qualifier against Costa Rica from 2004 at 2am because a Blue Jays' game was on Sportsnet Ontario earlier in the evening. Needless to say, there wasn't much consolation in the fact that the game was broadcast live on Sportsnet Pacific, as I did not and still do not subscribe to that channel.

For what it's worth, the best way to watch Canada play live is to attend as many games as possible. If not for my bus tickets to Montreal, I would be cursing the TV guide as well on the 20th.

I do have sportsnet pacific (someone convinced me to get the free digital box free trial).

When and if they play in Toronto, I will get to the game.

Blue Jays don't give them much flexibility to air other events. I am starting to doubt that other networks would be more committed. Maybe we just consider ourselves lucky to have sportnets tries to show the games as long as it does mess up blue jay telecasts that much...well at least show it on delayed basis.

OK, I have changed my mind on sportsnet. When we start seeing good ratings in the next round of qualifying, that would bring about changes.

Let's be fair to Sportsnet here. They're a business, and which do you think would draw more viewers: Jays-Cubs or Canada-St. Vincent and the Grenadines? How many Sportsnet viewers could even tell you where St. Vincent and the Grenadines <i>are</i>?

I agree it would be nice to see a network like the Score get the rights just because they've shown they actually care about football and they have fewer priorities fighting for airtime. But given that Sportsnet has them, I quite understand their behaviour for the 20th.

well, for those of us attempting to celebrate fathers day it's time for a change of plans!

please post at 1500EST if its actually showing visual or not... if its just radio I'll look for the video after...

btw for those of us who have been to the VAG the English is a wee bit off, but still better than spanish for me!

quote:Originally posted by Tyson M

well, for those of us attempting to celebrate fathers day it's time for a change of plans!

please post at 1500EST if its actually showing visual or not... if its just radio I'll look for the video after...

btw for those of us who have been to the VAG the English is a wee bit off, but still better than spanish for me!

On mother's day I was in Toronto to watch Canada's U-20s and today I may be watching Canada St. V & G online :)

Please provide me with details on how to pick the feed for this game on NBC Radio.

quote:Originally posted by Broton

Just got the following:

"NBC will be bringing the football live from 3 pm on Sunday.

Regards,

National Broadcasting Corporation

St. Vincent & the Grenadines

www.nbcsvg.com"

So there will be SOMETHING to follow on game day (June 15). I've asked if this means it will be streamed, and the reply was YES. No word on any television or web video-cast...

-Rod

Archived