CANADA @ St. V & Gs - tv, radio, web streams

Broton

Just got the following:

"NBC will be bringing the football live from 3 pm on Sunday.

Regards,

National Broadcasting Corporation

St. Vincent & the Grenadines

www.nbcsvg.com"

So there will be SOMETHING to follow on game day (June 15). I've asked if this means it will be streamed, and the reply was YES. No word on any television or web video-cast...

-Rod

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm curious to hear what kind/quality of broadcast they'll be able to offer... it's sure to be interesting! But am just happy that there's something. Now... I just need to get my stream recording software in order as I'll be at the Jays game that afternoon! At least I know the game won't be spoiled by folk on the subway, on the street, in the stadium, or in the frack'n news! That's good right? Arrrggggg....

-Rod

I'm curious to hear what kind/quality of broadcast they'll be able to offer... it's sure to be interesting! But am just happy that there's something. Now... I just need to get my stream recording software in order as I'll be at the Jays game that afternoon! At least I know the game won't be spoiled by folk on the subway, on the street, in the stadium, or in the frack'n news! That's good right? Arrrggggg....

-Rod

This is great news. But a heads up -- in the past whenever all of us Voyageurs log onto a webcast we inevitably bring it to a halt or crash the webcast server altogether. We've got most of a week to plan something -- how can we work it out so we can all see the game?

Euro 2008 game is on sportsnet at the same time as the Canada game. That is probably the reason this time.

I just don't like a Blue Jays network carrying WCQ games. Jays play every day and the chances for a scheduling conflict are very high. I would settle for TheScore/tsn/cbc over sportsnet any day. You can't blame them either because Jays ratings are high and generate more revenue.

I sure hope CSA keeps this mind when considering awarding sportsnet the rights next time.

In other sports the video coach (or video assistant/co-ordinator) cuts tape and pulls clips for the coaches in game and post-game. They also will often film games if it’s a smaller team. They also help with advance scouting and will cut tape of future opposition.

As an example say you’re the coach of an NHL team, you go into your office between periods and your video guy has sent you your power-plays and penalty kills from the first period (or whatever else you wanted) and you can quickly review a few clips and make an adjustment in the room.

There’s also a growing trend for stats-based analysis involving touches and movement. I can’t imagine we can afford that, but if you look at the Euro 08 UEFA site, they’re tracking every touch and you can look up a player’s passing percentage. That kind of thing could also fall into the realm of what a video coach does.

cheers,

matthew

I would expect it to be purely for reviewing this match in preparation for the second game against St. V & the Gees. If they actually cut and edit something.. I'd be very surprised. After that? Archival... perhaps. But it's the CSA. I more incline to believe they'll just tape over it with the latest episode of Canadian Idol.

-Rod

Guest Can. in UK
quote:Originally posted by bungey

This is great news. But a heads up -- in the past whenever all of us Voyageurs log onto a webcast we inevitably bring it to a halt or crash the webcast server altogether. We've got most of a week to plan something -- how can we work it out so we can all see the game?

This is a very, very good point. Is there any way we can co-ordinate a staggered log-in?

quote:Originally posted by Can. in UK

This is a very, very good point. Is there any way we can co-ordinate a staggered log-in?

How would a staggered log-in help?

Their Shoucast page shows the max number of listeners is set at 1000, but I'd be surprised if they have the bandwidth to support that.

It's really strange that GolTV would be showing Jamaica-Bahamas and Haiti-Neth.Antilles,

both live, and the SVG-Canada game has apparently absolutely zero broadcast.

Just makes me angry. Maybe I had too much coffee this morning.

I just hope we win and make a good f'n Fathers Day.

Archived