Will the games be televised??

• 2 weeks later...

When I wrote Sentanta thanking them for airing the Canada Game I got a reply saying they were planning on airing more Canadain content in the future. I wonder if they will get the rights? It would make sense, as these games happen when they don't have any content to justify the cost.

I know if I wasn't so lazy I would cancel the channel for that month of June.

Just speculating here but if CBC has locked down the rights to the entire event the Montreal games will most likely be on SRC as well. Seeing as SRC has no NHL commitments the game should be shown live.

Its also possible that if the NHL schedule works out the game will be shown live on CBC.

I know somebody else had mentioned this previously, but the CBC is not looking for any mid week sports content. That means they have to bump other programming and to them its not worth it for anything other than hockey or the Olympics.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Tape delayed - Wednesday at noon.

Will it be streamed live?

That's Wednesday midnight, not noon.

quote:Originally posted by masster

It looks like Fox Soccer Channel has secured the English rights for the Concacaf Champions League. Hopefully FSWC will carry these games as well. So we will be able to watch whatever Canadian team qualifies.

http://www.majorleaguesoccertalk.com/fox-soccer-channel-to-air-concacaf-champions-league/253

FSC has American rights only. FSW does not have any Canadian rights. Most of the games will be on CBC/CBC Bold and GOLTV has an opportunity to pick up a couple of matches as well.

Archived