Black Wednesday -- the CSA protest

Yes it is.

It is not going to be easy to pull this one,but we have great chance.

There is a good post from Ben K.

Quote:

Okay, wear the colours and wave the cards. Love it.

What about an anti-CSA tifo? At a pre-arranged point, everyone puts on the black shirts, and chants "CSA Out!" for five minutes on the clock.

Get in behind the sideline TV reporters at halftime.

I promise you the press box will be watching. There's a lot of angry, frustrated soccer fans up there, too.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we decide that the shirts should be done, I got a very good price from a friend who's in the shirt printing business.

1000 Black T-shirt of good quality, 2 color screen printed on one side of the shirt only (2 color printing only)....$3.98 + taxes.

We need to act fast to get it done in a week.

I'll wait to see what the consensus is.

If we decide that the shirts should be done, I got a very good price from a friend who's in the shirt printing business.

1000 Black T-shirt of good quality, 2 color screen printed on one side of the shirt only (2 color printing only)....$3.98 + taxes.

Not at the game it is to depressing for the players.The venue is outside the stadium and the players will know and see that see of red. We have to start our tradition that night. We cannot have this stadium in an uproar or protest,there is a game and there are players representing our country and this whole thing will be wrong. Do it outside and as loud and clear as possible and make sure all of Canada will hear and see and even though I have my concerns about that , we will look as very pro Canada,hey even the Maple Leaf subscribers may want to take some note.

Not at the game it is to depressing for the players.The venue is outside the stadium and the players will know and see that see of red. We have to start our tradition that night. We cannot have this stadium in an uproar or protest,there is a game and there are players representing our country and this whole thing will be wrong. Do it outside and as loud and clear as possible and make sure all of Canada will hear and see and even though I have my concerns about that , we will look as very pro Canada,hey even the Maple Leaf subscribers may want to take some note.

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

Definitely lets move on this. I am with the RPB, and they would support this. I would buy 6 shirts myself....

Definitely lets move on this. I am with the RPB, and they would support this. I would buy 6 shirts myself....

quote:Originally posted by john tv

What are you talking about"not at the game" "outside the stadium"

what should we do at home in front of TV? WOW you are good,really good.

it is a good idea.. At least someone is trying to do something .. Although it will be very unrealistic that you ll get more than 10 % wearing black. It may be better if you bring black shirts ( give aways) outside the stadium ( maybe not shirts but something different , cheaper ) so that the fans can show it in the game , then you ll be seeing 50 % of the stadium making a statement

If there was no protest planned, I sincerely believe that it doesn't matter if we wear read, white, yellow or pink to the game. As long as we cheer our hearts out, the boys will feel the support and play their hearts out for us.

However, since some of us want to protest against the CSA, those who are likeminded will help the cause tremendously by wearing black to show just how many people feel the same way. There will never be a more opportune event than the Sept 12 match to show unity against the CSA.

If we can come up with a catchy looking shirt, I am sure plenty of people will be willing to fork out $5.00 to show their displeasure. If the RPB's and U-sectorites can start threads on each site to give me an indication of how many shirts we can expect to get commitments for, I'll fork out my own money to do this. I'm not a graphic artist so don't expect me to come up with the "logo" but with art in hand, I can take it from there.

I need to pull the trigger no later than next Tuesday so please let me know ASAP.

To those who don't like the idea of black shirts, I am sorry that you don't agree and I totally respect your right to do whatever you wish. Clearly there are alot of people who do agree with the Black shirt idea and we'll give it a shot (if there is enough support...I don't want to be sitting on $1000 worth of shirts).

quote:Originally posted by MediaGuy

As posted at the U-Sector:

How about this for those who are on the border...

*Bring* a black t-shirt. Be prepared to wear it. But, get a feel for how the night is going--if it looks like the protest is a success, put it over your jersey for all or part of the game.

If it doesn't look like we were successful in getting large enough numbers, then simply wave the t-shirt like a scarf from time to time.

Is that fair?

You can't go into the night "hoping" that it will be a success. That's the whole point in being organized.

I think people are forgetting that the black t-shirt idea is a two-step process. The first key step is to get the word out to the media. Is it possible to get the major newspapers and radio stations (like FAN590 and AM640) to encourage all people going to the game to wear a black t-shirt?... much like is done when all the Raptor fans were told to wear red for the first playoff game. This is how we get everyone to wear a black shirt.

If this isn't possible (for any number of reasons) then do we know the make-up of the South Stands for this game? Can we find it out? Is it all people who read Toronto FC boards, or what? Then that's how we can know if people will bring the t-shirt.

And too bad that we didn't get things organized a little earlier... I don't know if it would have even been possible to have the likes of Gerry Dobson or Craig Forrest announce "the protest" on Soccercentral (like it's too radical for a major network). I'm guessing since this will be the last Soccercentral before the game (I don't think they usually have one when there's no EPL like next Saturday) that they will be previewing the Costa Rica game tomorrow.

quote:Originally posted by TOcanadafan

And too bad that we didn't get things organized a little earlier... I don't know if it would have even been possible to have the likes of Gerry Dobson or Craig Forrest announce "the protest" on Soccercentral (like it's too radical for a major network). I'm guessing since this will be the last Soccercentral before the game (I don't think they usually have one when there's no EPL like next Saturday) that they will be previewing the Costa Rica game tomorrow.

There's always next week...there are still alot of TV shows, Radio Shows, Podcasts and newspaper articles still to be broadcast and written. if we can get properly organized, those media types will know what's going on. It will be up to them if they want to publicize our plans but I am sure some will because there appears to be some media support already.

quote:Originally posted by TOcanadafan

[

You can't go into the night "hoping" that it will be a success. That's the whole point in being organized.

No, but there are a few people that are leery of this. It's my belief that if we get those people to the stadium ready to go with black, they will.

All promotion will focus only on the wear black theme. I proposed that as a compromise to some of the high profile guys that are on the fence--their participation is key.

There's always next week...there are still alot of TV shows, Radio Shows, Podcasts and newspaper articles still to be broadcast and written. if we can get properly organized, those media types will know what's going on. It will be up to them if they want to publicize our plans but I am sure some will because there appears to be some media support already.

Blogs too.

I actually would argue that it's important not to get the message out too early. least it get forgotten by game day. But, Monday, for sure, the first release needs to go out. It should be followed up by another release a couple days after that.

We should target specific reporters as well as entire news organizations.

Closer to the game, some attention should be spared for international soccer media--the idea is to embarrass the CSA and if we can somehow get the protest even briefly mentioned internationally that would really embarrass them.

This is going to happen. And it will be talked about. All together, let's do it...AND STILL ENJOY THE GAME.

If this is a go, I'm in for 20 shirts:

5 XXL, 12 XL and 3 L

I'm going to re-direct these shirts to certain/specific members of the CSA executive, directors and provincial reps!!!

Archived