Black Wednesday -- the CSA protest

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

T-Shirts have been ordered.

Art work will be submitted tomorrow to the t-shirt guy.

They will be ready for me to pick up on the 11th. I will start making arrangements for distribution later this week.

The CSA Ball and Chain image is what I wanted to put on the back of the shirt but the screener doesn't believe it will show up very well so it's a no go. We will go with something simpler, based on the jeffymac design (the one with the CSA crossed out). We will print on both front and back so that the anti-CSA message is visible at all times. It makes perfect sense to have something on the back.

I will post the final T-shirt design tomorrow.

quote:Originally posted by JB_Tito

Just from RPB forum we have around 70 orders and that number will go up for sure.

On Thursday sept.6th is RPB general meeting if you can make it there with sample T-Shirt WOW.

http://s3.excoboard.com/exco/thread.php?forumid=2561&threadid=163070

I will certainly try to make it on the 6th but I have some family responsibilities that might make it tough (I've got 3 kids...they keep me busy).

I seriously doubt that a sample will be available since the silk screens won't be ready until Friday and they will be working on the shirts on Monday so they can be ready Tuesday.

RE: The back of the shirt design with the ball and chain, remember with screen boxes you need to have separate colours, each box takes one colour, and the more boxes the more expensive. The colours are put on top of each other in layers. That grey (or any blend of colours) won't cut it that's what your printer is telling you. Use base colours. Make it a plain three colour design in photoshop or flash. You don't need to give up on that image just do some simple changes. For a good example see the strobe_z CONCACRAP JACK design that would print easily and it still a recognizable image. I can do this for you this week if there's still time!

quote:Originally posted by Soju

RE: The back of the shirt design with the ball and chain, remember with screen boxes you need to have separate colours, each box takes one colour, and the more boxes the more expensive. The colours are put on top of each other in layers. That grey (or any blend of colours) won't cut it that's what your printer is telling you. Use base colours. Make it a plain three colour design in photoshop or flash. You don't need to give up on that image just do some simple changes. For a good example see the strobe_z CONCACRAP JACK design that would print easily and it still a recognizable image. I can do this for you this week if there's still time!

I would need the image within 3 hours for it to be included on the T-Shirt. I just don't think that there is time. the deadline is tight

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

This from a hotshot who learnt how to post on the board last week? Grow up will you. I deleted my posts before, but since you are being so embarrassing to many of us and were laying into people I agree with, like Johntv and Gian-luca and others, I decided to post again. So I changed my mind. Like you do with your breakfast cereal after your mom pours it out in the morning.

If you can't take the dissent I know of a stable job in North Korea you might be interested in.

BTW, the designs are totally amateur guys, they are terrible. That is a simple design fact, they have no merit whatsoever. How about asking someone with some design knowledge to help you out, there are some talented people here who might be willing, like strobe_z.

A lot of good you're doing in Spain Jeff...as John would say...real 'effn productive. Funny...I was on the phone last night with one of the two who will be calling the game live on Sportsnet and they could not disagree with you more as well. They are looking forward to having a go at the CSA on the tele and this protest will help back it....but really why argue with someone who apparently knows all...we must be all wrong.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Mobiiiiiiiilio

A lot of good you're doing in Spain Jeff...as John would say...real 'effn productive. Funny...I was on the phone last night with one of the two who will be calling the game live on Sportsnet and they could not disagree with you more as well. They are looking forward to having a go at the CSA on the tele and this protest will help back it....but really why argue with someone who apparently knows all...we must be all wrong.

The press wants a go at the CSA, but the fans can either do a good job or a poor one. Simple as that.

Let me know which members of the press disagreed with me and I'll talk to them if you want, as I have been doing with other press people these days. The press has to understand that the underlying sentiment against the CSA is there and that they have to flow with the way it is articulated. They'll do that of course, which is what you are saying.

But they can't expect us to do their dirty work either. They are the ones with the press passes who get access to people we don't, and theirs is the job to ask the simple basic questions. Thus far the press has in fact let us down terribly. I mean, has any journalist in any of the provinces asked where the provincial president stood on the Linford resignation, or what they thought about the widespread belief that the provinces are interfering negatively in the workings of the national programs. We have a very weak soccer press in Canada. It is really improving, amazing fast too, but it is still quite inexperienced.

quote:

The press wants a go at the CSA, but the fans can either do a good job or a poor one. Simple as that.

Let me know which members of the press disagreed with me and I'll talk to them if you want, as I have been doing with other press people these days. The press has to understand that the underlying sentiment against the CSA is there and that they have to flow with the way it is articulated. They'll do that of course, which is what you are saying.

But they can't expect us to do their dirty work either. They are the ones with the press passes who get access to people we don't, and theirs is the job to ask the simple basic questions. Thus far the press has in fact let us down terribly. I mean, has any journalist in any of the provinces asked where the provincial president stood on the Linford resignation, or what they thought about the widespread belief that the provinces are interfering negatively in the workings of the national programs. We have a very weak soccer press in Canada. It is really improving, amazing fast too, but it is still quite inexperienced.

To be honest Jeffrey I would not want to talk to you, as I just might be..nudge nudge, wink wink, one of those people in the media, let alone someone else. In fact I have read and heard three interviews with Victor over Linford's resignation and he sounded like a skipping record to me...we can ask the questions...if they don't want to answer them that is their choice.....How many CSA AGM's, Award ceremonies, Hall of Fame Induction Ceremonies, Press Conferences have you been to? I can almost guarantee I have a better understanding of the inner workings of the CSA than most, including yourself. Unfortunately I do know that writing letters and a quite crusade will get you know where...you are very talented at it though! If it bleeds it leads in this industry and to get something done it has to get noticed. I'm not saying it's right or wrong...the morality is not for me to debate, but it is a fact.

Keep up all the good work guys...believe me in the inner circles of all the media this is being talked about in every corner...we all have different ways to protest.

Strong point made regarding the inability of the press to ask tough questions. Dobson had Montagliani on soccer central the other day but didn't turn the heat up enough. The CSA brain trust was already struggling to answer how we could improve the development system in Canada. One question about results or the ability of the board to make good decisions could have easily put him in his place. Dobson looked pretty angry but didn't push ahead with his displeasure.

Archived