Black Wednesday -- the CSA protest

quote:Originally posted by Mobiiiiiiiilio

Your small brain really does not have the ability to think outside the box does it John. In order to create change and think about "the big picture" there is going to be some difficult times, but in order for Canadian Soccer to grow we as fans must stand up and show our displeasure with the CSA on a national stage. Wear your "red" shirt if you feel you're making a difference. We are still supporting the players, who themselves have said they are not happy with the CSA....you simply just don't seem to understand.

Boys please ignore John tv comments.

Waste of time at this point.We are doing it let see how to distribute T-Shirts how many and spread the word on other forums to your friends who will attend the game.

Contact media send emails tell them what is going on and why?

Cheers

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by BringBackTheBlizzard

I think 1000 might be overdoing it a bit, VPjr, given only 5000 tickets are rumoured to have been sold so far and many people might opt for a black t-shirt that they already have in their possession anyway rather than spending the $5. Logistically it will be difficult to distribute these for a weeknight 7pm k.o. as well. Interest expressed in about 50 so far on the RPB board thread with Shoeless Joe's at King and Dufferin probably being the best place to distribute them pregame.

http://s3.excoboard.com/exco/thread.php?forumid=2561&threadid=163248

You might be right....I'll make a decision tomorrow on final numbers.

If I run less than 500 units, the price will have to go up unfortunately. I prefer to keep it at $5.00.

quote:Originally posted by piltdownman

Sorry I'm no graphics designer, but since no one else has stepped up:

CSA1.jpg

the vector is http://homepage.mac.com/brettgraham/CSA1.ai

If anyone has any ideas, I'm at the office all until about 4:00 PST (it is a holiday after all so I can take off early ;) )

I like it...I'll see what else people come up with and then we'll make a final decision.

Guest speedmonk42
quote:Originally posted by VPjr

If I run less than 500 units, the price will have to go up unfortunately. I prefer to keep it at $5.00.

I prefer not to see you get stuck with a bill.

Do less, charge more. Anyone who would have bought it at five will also buy it at 7 or 8 or whatever....

I will still buy a couple if they are more.

quote:Originally posted by piltdownman

Sorry I'm no graphics designer, but since no one else has stepped up:

CSA1.jpg

the vector is http://homepage.mac.com/brettgraham/CSA1.ai

If anyone has any ideas, I'm at the office all until about 4:00 PST (it is a holiday after all so I can take off early ;) )

Ha!

Not bad at all.

Once suggestion, "SUPPORT CANADA-SACK THE CSA".

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

Don't worry about the price a few bucks will not discourage the people to buy T-Shirts.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Mobiiiiiiiilio

Your small brain really does not have the ability to think outside the box does it John. In order to create change and think about "the big picture" there is going to be some difficult times, but in order for Canadian Soccer to grow we as fans must stand up and show our displeasure with the CSA on a national stage. Wear your "red" shirt if you feel you're making a difference. We are still supporting the players, who themselves have said they are not happy with the CSA....you simply just don't seem to understand.

That was a sad post Mobi. John is 100% right I believe and most of the rest of you, by not accepting some damn reasonable dissent with the whole way you are going about this so-called protest, are acting like immature neophytes. A game is to support a team, and any distraction will hurt the team, especially during the game. Hundreds of club fans and national team fans all over the world are irate about their presidents and managers and boards, many of whom have criminal proceedings open against them, but you are not going to see games used for protests against them, except in very limited ways, limited as to when, how and where.

And another thing: the game has sold badly, and now that the guys left at the CSA, who have to promote it, know that it is being used against them, you can be damn sure they are not going to promote it.

Going to be funny all those posts about how the CSA did not promote the game properly. I mean, do people sell tickets to their own public executions?

Right now they are reading this and sitting there saying, "to hell with those fans, we'll let them make fools of themselves off in the end zone, noone is going to the game anyways. It'll end up a little drop in the bucket."

And then just wait for someone at the CSA to use the protest to get on the side of the coach and the players with one of those classic "what we need now is for everyone to get behind the coach and players as we have an important year coming up" kind of comments.

Edit: Oh, and just saw that crossing out of the Canadian flag on the CSA logo, really disgusting. Why don't you just burn the flag at the game guys, it'll have the same effect? Is it so hard to admit that your anxiety to do something is leading you to do things wrongly?

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

That was a sad post Mobi. John is 100% right I believe and most of the rest of you, by not accepting some damn reasonable dissent with the whole way you are going about this so-called protest, are acting like immature neophytes. A game is to support a team, and any distraction will hurt the team, especially during the game. Hundreds of club fans and national team fans all over the world are irate about their presidents and managers and boards, many of whom have criminal proceedings open against them, but you are not going to see games used for protests against them, except in very limited ways, limited as to when, how and where.

And another thing: the game has sold badly, and now that the guys left at the CSA, who have to promote it, know that it is being used against them, you can be damn sure they are not going to promote it.

Going to be funny all those posts about how the CSA did not promote the game properly. I mean, do people sell tickets to their own public executions?

Right now they are reading this and sitting there saying, "to hell with those fans, we'll let them make fools of themselves off in the end zone, noone is going to the game anyways. It'll end up a little drop in the bucket."

And then just wait for someone at the CSA to use the protest to get on the side of the coach and the players with one of those classic "what we need now is for everyone to get behind the coach and players as we have an important year coming up" kind of comments.

Edit: Oh, and just saw that crossing out of the Canadian flag on the CSA logo, really disgusting. Why don't you just burn the flag at the game guys, it'll have the same effect? Is it so hard to admit that your anxiety to do something is leading you to do things wrongly?

You right about logo,but should i remind you that you wrote before how you will not post in this thread anymore,since nobody gives a F*^k what you trying to say.

Let us do this and after the game you can give us sh*t as much as you want in case you were right about the whole protest.Till than relax and try to find the other way how to get rid of idiots at CSA.Your letter for resignations from another thread is really good so why not send that letter to all media in Canada and focus your energy on that instead trying to prove us wrong with this protest.

9 days left and counting,keep a good work boys!

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

.... just wait for someone at the CSA to use the protest to get on the side of the coach and the players with one of those classic "what we need now is for everyone to get behind the coach and players as we have an important year coming up" kind of comments.

Gawd, I hope and pray they do.

With every international date that passes where the NT doesn't have a fixture or even a training camp we'll get the opportunity to throw their words right back at them.

This isn't a calvary charge. This is a war of attrition, Jeff. Grind away, grind away, in a thousand little battles. Most of those little battles well seem useless but they'll all play a part.

Me and you, we're on different side of this protest. For me, showing up in a bit of midnight September 12 is as supportive as showing up in your red.

A lot of Voyageurs who've supported Canada through thick and thin are putting their kits aside for this one night to play along in some street theatre. All for the intended purpose of making a difference for the long haul. By wearing black they aren't saying "Oh, we don't understand what it really means to wear your team's colours on match day. After all these years of being literaly alone in the stands, wearing our reds, we'd never have though it was that important..."

No. Quite the opposite. They're sacrificing wearing their reds to make a point. And what's the point again? Oh, yeah...

Enough.

Dig in bhoys. It's trench by trench, yard by yard from here on.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S. Hundreds of club fans and national team fans all over the world are irate about their presidents and managers and boards, many of whom have criminal proceedings open against them, but you are not going to see games used for protests against them, except in very limited ways, limited as to when, how and where.

Uhm, Jeffrey, have you watched games from England? Have you ever read any magazines like "When Saturday Comes"? Fans protest at games all the time. Banners, wearing special items, chants and songs, all these forms of protest happen almost weekly at some game somewhere around the footballing world.

We are indeed making a limited protest "when, how and where." It may not be prefect but you know what, it is now an emotional response to years of frustration so further argument seems like a waste of energy.

quote:Originally posted by Ricardo06

keep it up boys....protest is needed....burn the stadium down if you have to......we need to get the government's attention.

I know its hyperbole but I'm not so sure that burning the stadium is going to curry favor with anyone, much less any government.

I like both designs for the front of the shirt. I'm going to sleep on it and then make a call in the morning.

Guest speedmonk42

Just for the sake of continuity, how about a red line above the "Canadian Soccer Supporters United"

It would frame in the stuff in the middle.

Possibly lose one line somewhere.

Support Canada might be redundant.

Archived