Saputo Stadium construction pictures

Daniel

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Krammerhead

..and why do we use that insult in Canada, it's one Americans use.

Are there any high schools in Canada with their own stadium?

The comment about Saputo looking like a high school stadium came from MLS commissioner Garber who is American.

quote:Originally posted by speedmonk42

What does that mean anyway? Why is it even an insult.

The stadium is nice and built for USL. It is perfect.

It's not an insult; I wasn't attacking the stadium at all. You obviously didn't get the point of my comment, which was to make a sly stab at the ridiculous comparison between professional venues and high school facilities. I could care less about the quality of high school stadia in the U.S. As for Canada, where in this country would you see a high school stadium that is anywhere near this quality?

But it is still being used on this board, by Canadians, as an insult.

Not by me - see above comment. I honestly don't care what kind of stadia the Americans have for high school, college, or the like. The important thing is that Saputo Stadium is functional, as it is a moderately-sized SSS that can be used as it is for USL-1 or expanded for use in MLS.

quote:Originally posted by Toronto Ruffrider

Not by me - see above comment. I honestly don't care what kind of stadia the Americans have for high school, college, or the like. The important thing is that Saputo Stadium is functional, as it is a moderately-sized SSS that can be used as it is for USL-1 or expanded for use in MLS.

Don't worry, I understood what you were saying when you originally made your post. You were poking fun at those who use the phrase as an insult. I was merely responding to speedmonks question. I'm sure he was aware you made the comment with tongue firmly in cheek as well.

quote:Originally posted by Toronto Ruffrider

Don't worry, I understood what you were saying when you originally made your post. You were poking fun at those who use the phrase as an insult. I was merely responding to speedmonks question. I'm sure he was aware you made the comment with tongue firmly in cheek as well.

Hey, no problem. I just didn't want there to be any misconceptions about my post.

As for Garber, let's just hope that he doesn't start comparing Saputo Stadium with high school stadia in the 'States. I think Saputo Stadium looks great, but appearances aside, Montreal should be allowed into MLS based on its impressive attendance record in USL-1 and on its solid ownership structure.

quote:Originally posted by MegasAlexandros

How's the waterfront stadium coming along? OH... oops... never mind... who said that?

;)

Vancouver's stadium issues don't change the fact that someone seriously f'd up with that design flaw.

You just don't see that kind of stuff happen in new stadia.

Other than that though, it's a little gem. I can't wait to check it out myself next week when TFC roll into town. Thankfully my seat is not in that corner. :D

It looks worse than it is though.

When seating there, you just have to lean a little forward and to the left and see the end line and the goal...

Still, it's a stupid f*ck up. Nobody can deny that. The people in the private box right behind that seat are going to get nervous when they get to the stadium tomorrow. :D

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

Vancouver's stadium issues don't change the fact that someone seriously f'd up with that design flaw.

You just don't see that kind of stuff happen in new stadia.

Other than that though, it's a little gem. I can't wait to check it out myself next week when TFC roll into town. Thankfully my seat is not in that corner. :D

My remark was meant with tongue firmly in cheek... :)

However, as to your remark that you don't see this type of thing in new stadia... well the fact is you do. Olympiakos' new ground has precisely the same kind of blind spot for the seats that are next to the VIP/suites/offices building. Even Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk's stadium which is being completed right now has a similar design and even has roof support struts/columns which obstruct the view.

quote:Originally posted by CanadianSoccerFan

Garber'll be in town tomorrow so hopefully everyone can put on a solid show.

We had something nice planned for today, but sadly, the Impact decided they were too busy with the opening day festivities to allow us to setup this morning. We just needed access to the stadium for a few hours.

altho one positive for them is that the TV cameras are up high above people.

At BMO Field, if you have a seat in the first row behind the cameras you are obstructed.

I sat there once and had to sneak to another seat because it was annoying, particularly cuz they had 3 camera men working there.

This may be the wrong thread for this, but I'll ask anyway:

Today's match starts at 3 pm local. Coverage on our local Winnipeg SRC affiliate begins at 3 pm CT, an hour later. I'd like to watch the match live, if possible. Does the Radio Canada website offer a live internet stream much like cbc.ca does for TFC matches?

This may be the wrong thread for this, but I'll ask anyway:

Today's match starts at 3 pm local. Coverage on our local Winnipeg SRC affiliate begins at 3 pm CT, an hour later. I'd like to watch the match live, if possible. Does the Radio Canada website offer a live internet stream much like cbc.ca does for TFC matches?

Archived