Saputo Stadium construction pictures

Daniel

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Montreal_FC_fan

The best pitch in Canada?

semaine57_1.jpg

Wow! Congratulations Montreal. Looking at these pictures, Saputo reminds me exactly of an expanded Swangard Stadium for the U20 World Cup. When it is full, it will certainly get the job done.

Update on tickets, bought two tickets today and it seems like the game is close to sold out. There are only a few tickets in the $40 and up seats left. I know they did sell some tickets to soccer groups but I had the impression that this will be a real sell-out as opposed to the usual Impact sellouts in which they give away thousands of tickets and half the people with free tickets don't show. Seemed pretty hectic at the ticket office when I called and the guy who took my order was someone who did not usually do sales so they are using additional staff to answer the phones.

I've been watching this stadium develop via Gaétan's photos, and I just now realised there is no players' tunnel in the middle, but one sort of at each end. Why would two tunnels be needed, and doesn't that take away valuable seating space? Also, I can't see what's stopping someone from outside the ground standing at the corner and looking down between the stands without buying a ticket, and I'm not thrilled with the open end, but other than that, it's a great stadium for the price, and the pitch looks amazing. Féliciations Montréal.

quote:Originally posted by Tintin

I've been watching this stadium develop via Gaétan's photos, and I just now realised there is no players' tunnel in the middle, but one sort of at each end. Why would two tunnels be needed, and doesn't that take away valuable seating space? Also, I can't see what's stopping someone from outside the ground standing at the corner and looking down between the stands without buying a ticket, and I'm not thrilled with the open end, but other than that, it's a great stadium for the price, and the pitch looks amazing. Féliciations Montréal.

Those tunnels on the main stand aren't for the players but simply lead to washrooms iirc. One thing to remember about that stand is that it was recycled from a previous venue, so that may explain the odd quirk here or there.

quote:Those tunnels on the main stand aren't for the players but simply lead to washrooms iirc. One thing to remember about that stand is that it was recycled from a previous venue, so that may explain the odd quirk here or there.

They do actually lead to the players' dressing room. If you look at the first page of this thread, you'll see they were part of the existing structure.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

They do actually lead to the players' dressing room. If you look at the first page of this thread, you'll see they were part of the existing structure.

I stand corrected. I didn't know that the accessway under the main stand was actually built to connect with the adjacent building.

Guest speedmonk42
quote:Originally posted by Toronto Ruffrider

Safe to call it the best "high school" stadium in the country.

What does that mean anyway? Why is it even an insult.

The stadium is nice and built for USL. It is perfect.

Archived