Interesting Tidbit from Fan 590's Soccer Show

From May 3rd Fan 590 edition.

- Bob and Nigel has read the Voyagers Open Letter. Both blast CSA for its incompetences

- Globe and Mail - Peter Mallet was on the program, said that someone high up in the CSA told him that Simoes has asked $1.5 Million, declined by the board. His source has also told him that Linford is frustrated and may consider resigning. Mallet said that there is the annual CSA meeting this week where there could be fireworks.

- Time is short for a new coach in route for 2010.

- Mallet thinks Mitchell will eventually be head coach after U20

Check out audio here.

quote:Originally posted by jeffymac1971

- Globe and Mail - Peter Mallet was on the program, said that someone high up in the CSA told him that Simoes has asked $1.5 Million, declined by the board. His source has also told him that Linford is frustrated and may consider resigning.

Linford may have no choice but to resign, that was nothing new.

The $1.5 Million was new and went against what we had heard from Simoes and his agent. Who do you believe, someone in the CSA or a coach that just got snubbed by the CSA?

I would lean towards believing Simoes.

Again, what did the 1.5 million include? What is the term of the contract? These are important details. We are only hearing about the CSA's concern about cost through leaks. Why can't they be up front about this? After all, cost would be something everyone would understand.

At the same time, I doubt the 1.5 million is annual salary for the team alone. I am almost certain the team could have been contracted for much less than that on an annual basis.

"The $1.5 Million was new and went against what we had heard from Simoes and his agent. Who do you believe, someone in the CSA or a coach that just got snubbed by the CSA?"

How P.Mallett knows about the money? be honest and open Peter, don't hide people from CSA..Who said 1.5? I do not like this type of game!

Simoes Agent and Rene Simoes said "money is not a problem" .. but they never menctioned how much was ...

Did somebody knows Simoes or his agent? Are they trusted people or saying the true?

My opinion: WE SHOULD RECEIVE INFO FROM THE CORRECT SOURCE, the CSA.

There are many individuals within soccer that are scared of coming forward to tell how it is. They are scared of being ostracised and unfairly sanctioned, including the loss of their job or their position in soccer. You only have to look at what happened to Charmaine Hooper, Christine Latham and Sharolta Nonan all mainstays in the WNT and now banished to obscurity. Their careers all but in ruins.

The individuals that sit on the board of the CSA and the Provincial organizations wield a lot of power and are not forgiving. That is why individuals within the CSA contact individuals like Mallett within the media.

Unlucky thing for soccer is that there are not a lot of media who are willing to stand up and report what they have been told. It is obvious that people feel comfortable in contacting Mallett so instead of villifying an ally in the media by denigrating him on your forum (the ref) why not try a novel approach by e-mailing him.

If there was a whistleblower policy within soccer you would see people coming forward. The AGM is in Totonto, a lot of the voyageurs are in the Toronto area so go and pay them a visit.

I thought the letter that was sent by this forum was well written and will achieve a lot of good, so kudos to those involved. Do not be too focused on where the information is coming from.

Just be focused on the fact that the CSA are not denying the claims that are being made. Other sporting organizations routinely come forward when so called statements and claims that are out within the world of the media are not true or entirely true, they clarify it with a statement.

Why is the CSA so quiet?

quote:Originally posted by Mighty_TorontoFC

how do you become a member?

I believe you have to be an Association, a League, or a pro Club, all in good standing. I guess there would be nothing to lose if the Voyageurs (as an entity) were to apply for membership.

Guest Dave

I think it would be a bloody shame if Linford were ousted now. Is there any way that we as fan(atic)s can show some support for him going into the AGM?

Tonight I will probably have nightmares about Linford resigning and being replaced by some CSA toady who promptly re-hires Kevan Pipe for the still vacant CEO position. Seriously, this may not be as farfetched as it seems.

Let's show some support for Colin Linford. At least he's trying.

I think we are well organized. The fact that we may have not chosen so far to register as a Society it does not mean we are disorganized. Being a society is not proof of organization. What better example than our own CSA. We have moderators, we have rules, we do projects like Cups and scarfs, we can all be found under one roof, the Voyageurs, we are a nation wide group and we require registration.

Archived