TFC Petition Number 1

SeanKeay

quote:Originally posted by RealGooner

I tried to sign but it keeps demanding a donation via paypal so I didnt. Is there not a 'free' petition system we can make use of?

If you want, just give me some money and I'll sign it for you, Ruf! :D

quote:Originally posted by RealGooner

I tried to sign but it keeps demanding a donation via paypal so I didnt. Is there not a 'free' petition system we can make use of?

If you read what it says:

quote:Thank you for signing the petition. Your signature has been registered.

;)

I will eat my own shoe and everyone elses that sign it..... as i have said a million times. I would rather let the mls know we are a group of dissapointed fans rather then think we will accept it. Maybe it wont help us with our problem, but lets say down the line montreal has a team or what ever maybe the mls will use there tiny brains and be like hey... remember when those TFC fans gave us all that poop for making there first game ever in Compton?

quote:Originally posted by SeanKeay

I will eat my own shoe and everyone elses that sign it..... as i have said a million times. I would rather let the mls know we are a group of dissapointed fans rather then think we will accept it. Maybe it wont help us with our problem, but lets say down the line montreal has a team or what ever maybe the mls will use there tiny brains and be like hey... remember when those TFC fans gave us all that poop for making there first game ever in Compton?

Exactly. MLS needs to know that regardless of what fans are like in other cities, the ones here are living breathing ones and we give a **** about this team.

Guest Jeffery S.

If a side that has never been in top flight, say Gimnastica de Torrelavega in Spain (which I cite as I am sure it has never been in a 1st div and I can't cite teams so certainly in other countries), wins a couple of promotions and find themselves in top flight, I can assure you the supporters would not give a damn where they had to play their first match. It would be entirely irrelevant.

Okay, so G de Torrelavega does exist, and has existed, so it is not like their first game ever. But if you are going into a league, accept its terms, understand that the schedule is fair, or fair enough, for all teams, and that you are not being unduly discriminated but in fact are being treated just like the rest, where you happen to play your first ever game should also be totally irrelevant.

Imagine such a position had been taken on opening day of the MLS, half the league's fans complaining and petitioning about having to open their first ever game in Kansas or Chicago. It did not happen of course, because it would have been a ridiculous posture.

I think this petition makes TO fans come across as rather childish, as if something so unimportant could really matter to a serious soccer fan.

Ah Jeffrey, I was wondering when the old condescending version of yourself would come out. You've been far too nice lately.

Great job painting two entire supporters groups (the only real two in Toronto, btw) as non-serious soccer fans.

How's the weather up on that soap box, anyways?

quote:Originally posted by SeanKeay

Hmmm.

Agree with that. Same idea as arguing with the ref. You're not arguing to change his mind on the call he's just made. You're actually arguing against any future calls he going to make.

By the by, if BrennanFan is wrong and has to eat his shoes, I'll 2nd the thought and eat his socks.

It sounds like some girl friend is cheating.Who cares where they play their first game.It may have something to do with field conditions,hey it may even be on TV.I know that fans have this sort of you are mine thing,but let us not start critizing our boys and team already,let us thank our blessings and save all that negative energie for the opposing team.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Rudi

Ah Jeffrey, I was wondering when the old condescending version of yourself would come out. You've been far too nice lately.

Great job painting two entire supporters groups (the only real two in Toronto, btw) as non-serious soccer fans.

How's the weather up on that soap box, anyways?

Its a fan forum Rudi, people have different ideas; but are you arguing that anyone differing from you is condescending? What a low opinion of your own views you have.

Have your petition. Send it in. Expect it to be ignored, not because you are the new kids on the block, nor because the team has yet to have clout in the league. Or any other assinine bit of victimization you can come up with. It will likely be ignored because if the league is half serious they should ignore it. They don't make an entire year's schedule in function of every capricious whim of every supporters group.

But if they do change the date and give you a home opener, all power to you, all the sillier and maleable the league.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Its a fan forum Rudi, people have different ideas; but are you arguing that anyone differing from you is condescending?

No. The word 'childish' and implying that the groups are not serious soccer fans were the condescending parts.

I'm not going to argue with you over this though. My personal feelings about this petition do not matter. I just wanted to point out yet another example of you getting up on your high horse.

Guest Jeffery S.

How much do you want to bet that FC Toronto ASKED to have their opener away from home because construction and final details on the stadium are on such a tight schedule that an extra week will actually benefit its completion?

Much better to have that extra time to round off things than have a home opener in a stadium that is not entirely ready, which would mean bad press, and, likely enough, criticism from the likes of many fans.

Just to make sure the team does not lose face playing in a facility that is not ready, maybe you should reverse the petition and ask for a couple more road games at the start. Now that would be the patriotic thing to do.

How much do you want to bet that FC Toronto ASKED to have their opener away from home because construction and final details on the stadium are on such a tight schedule that an extra week will actually benefit its completion?

They aren't petitioning for a home opener but just to get the game moved closer to make it easier to travel to. New York, Chicago or Columbus are the ideal candidates I think.

While I don't think anyone who signed the petition (of which I am one) actually thinks that the game will be moved, but I do think that it is a nice show of support for the team. There is a bit of a whiney-baby aspect to it but it also shows MLS that the team does have a group of supporters that take the game seriously and are looking forward to the product taking the field.

Much better to have that extra time to round off things than have a home opener in a stadium that is not entirely ready, which would mean bad press, and, likely enough, criticism from the likes of many fans.

Just to make sure the team does not lose face playing in a facility that is not ready, maybe you should reverse the petition and ask for a couple more road games at the start. Now that would be the patriotic thing to do.

You don't understand the reason of the petition, you're a way off with this post.

They want the first game to be played closer to home instead of California.

El Hombre beat me to it.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by loyola

You don't understand the reason of the petition, you're a way off with this post.

They want the first game to be played closer to home instead of California.

El Hombre beat me to it.

If you want to have games closer to home, why don't you ask if you can play in the CPSL? Or request for the teams on the west coast to be relocated for your benefit.

If you want to have games closer to home, why don't you ask if you can play in the CPSL? Or request for the teams on the west coast to be relocated for your benefit.

They're using the fact that it's the first game in the club history and would like to have the first game ever (not all games) closer to Toronto in order to be able to attend the game since it's the FIRST EVER.

BTW, I'm just helping you reading here, I'm not saying they are right to petition for this.

quote:Originally posted by john tv

It sounds like some girl friend is cheating.Who cares where they play their first game.It may have something to do with field conditions,hey it may even be on TV.I know that fans have this sort of you are mine thing,but let us not start critizing our boys and team already,let us thank our blessings and save all that negative energie for the opposing team.

The first and maybe only time I'll agree with JohnTV....not one freakin game has taken place and already the kids are crying over the spilt milk. Take your energy and use it in a positive manner on something worth while and something you might actually be able to switch.....MLS WILL NOT change the sked.

quote:Originally posted by brandon

I'd be more inclined to sign this petition if it was for having the game played in Toronto. that i can understand and quite honestly the league should have seen to it that the first ever game was at home. But to create a petition to mls to have a "league" game moved to a neutral venue is beyond absurd and doesnt make TFC look like they have passionate fans but rather fans that are uninformed and juvenile.

No, no and no. They want to switch opponents, an opponent who'll be closer like NY, Chicago or Colombus. That's it.

Archived