TFC Petition Number 1

SeanKeay

quote:Originally posted by thepatriot

Take your energy and use it in a positive manner on something worth while

You do realize that the petition took all of about 3 minutes to type out, and for those who signed, about 30 seconds to fill out, right?

It's not like people are storming MLS offices demanding for this game to be changed.

Jesus, it's really not that big a deal. If you don't agree with the petition, stop bitching about it, or calling those who do agree with it derogatory names. No one is holding a gun to your head, so sign it if you wish.

I don't even necessarily agree with the petition myself, but I signed it because it shows that TFC fans are paying attention and actually care about our team.

And for all of those people who have reading comprehension problems, or are being blatantly ignorant (hmm, who could I be referring to here?), the petition has nothing to do with rescheduling all of the games, or having TFC's first ever game in Toronto, or moving it to a neutral venue. Calling those who wrote the petition uninformed, while not having actually read the petition yourselves is the height of irony.

quote:Originally posted by brandon

deleted,my bad. the schedule isnt going to be changed (nor should it) we all know that. seems like a waste of time.

Signing a petition takes 5 seconds.....

I agree MLS won't change the schedule and I think they choose LA for climate purposes (do they play game in Colombus, Chicago and NE at the same time?).

quote:Originally posted by loyola

Signing a petition takes 5 seconds.....

I agree MLS won't change the schedule and I think they choose LA for climate purposes (do they play game in Colombus, Chicago and NE at the same time?).

Chicago is playing at home that day, as is Columbus, I believe.

quote:Originally posted by thepatriot

The first games of the season are not being played in the area because of climate more than anything else....

Nope.

See my post above. Chicago and Columbus (confirmed) are both hosting matches that day.

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

You do realize that the petition took all of about 3 minutes to type out, and for those who signed, about 30 seconds to fill out, right?

It's not like people are storming MLS offices demanding for this game to be changed.

Jesus, it's really not that big a deal. If you don't agree with the petition, stop bitching about it, or calling those who do agree with it derogatory names. No one is holding a gun to your head, so sign it if you wish.

I don't even necessarily agree with the petition myself, but I signed it because it shows that TFC fans are paying attention and actually care about our team.

And for all of those people who have reading comprehension problems, or are being blatantly ignorant (hmm, who could I be referring to here?), the petition has nothing to do with rescheduling all of the games, or having TFC's first ever game in Toronto, or moving it to a neutral venue. Calling those who wrote the petition uninformed, while not having actually read the petition yourselves is the height of irony.

"So you're suggesting the fans should storm the MLS offices???"

I bet it will be the next post of Jeffrey S......

Guest Jeffery S.

There will come a day when you will travel for an away game, the security will treat you like crap, they won't let you sit together, they'll confiscate banners, they'll harass you at the stadium, maybe you'll get to hear the other team's radicals boo our national anthem. One of you will get arrested for calling them "liberal democrats", a swear word in the States. And you'll duly send in your letters and petitions to the league to complain.

Or some two-bit ref will rob TO of a game, or maybe a few, the guy obviously has a problem with TO, and you'll want to petition or write the league to say the jerk should not call any more TO games.

Or they'll retouch the schedule to benefit the US national team's pre-qualifying friendlies, but ignore similar appeals from the CSA, make TO play on a day when the nats are preparing. And you'll send in your petition and letters complaining about how they are discriminating the Canadian national team and FC TO at the same time, taking players away from it and creating bad blood.

And in every single case, the league will look at the letters and petitions, about fifty times more relevant and justified than in this case, and they'll shake their heads and laugh: "Those guys will bitch about anything, they even complained about opening in LA, they are always complaining those Canadians, must be all those trade unions controlling their minds." And they'll toss your petitions and letters into the trash can and go about their business.

And rightly so, because you if you want to cry wolf you and have anyone listen you have to have a wolf in front of you first. And if you don't, they next time you do so, they won't care if it is real or not, they'll let it eat you.

READ the petition Jeffrey.

Nobody is complaining with the first game being an away one. We just want a reasonable chance of being able to attend it, since its THE FIRST EVER TFC GAME. Unfortuntely, LA is not feasable for the vast majority of TFC fans. Somewhere else on the East coast would have been reasonable for us to be able to attend this HISTORIC TFC game. If you think this is a childish or unreasonable request then please just ignore the petition. Thats all.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

There will come a day when you will travel for an away game, the security will treat you like crap, they won't let you sit together, they'll confiscate banners, they'll harass you at the stadium, maybe you'll get to hear the other team's radicals boo our national anthem. One of you will get arrested for calling them "liberal democrats", a swear word in the States. And you'll duly send in your letters and petitions to the league to complain.

Or some two-bit ref will rob TO of a game, or maybe a few, the guy obviously has a problem with TO, and you'll want to petition or write the league to say the jerk should not call any more TO games.

Or they'll retouch the schedule to benefit the US national team's pre-qualifying friendlies, but ignore similar appeals from the CSA, make TO play on a day when the nats are preparing. And you'll send in your petition and letters complaining about how they are discriminating the Canadian national team and FC TO at the same time, taking players away from it and creating bad blood.

And in every single case, the league will look at the letters and petitions, about fifty times more relevant and justified than in this case, and they'll shake their heads and laugh: "Those guys will bitch about anything, they even complained about opening in LA, they are always complaining those Canadians, must be all those trade unions controlling their minds." And they'll toss your petitions and letters into the trash can and go about their business.

And rightly so, because you if you want to cry wolf you and have anyone listen you have to have a wolf in front of you first. And if you don't, they next time you do so, they won't care if it is real or not, they'll let it eat you.

Dude you've already dug yourself a hole with your poor reading comprehension, now you're trying to predict what the league will think sometime in a mythical future. Keep diggin bro.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by RealGooner

READ the petition Jeffrey.

Nobody is complaining with the first game being an away one. We just want a reasonable chance of being able to attend it, since its THE FIRST EVER TFC GAME. Unfortuntely, LA is not feasable for the vast makority of TFC fans. Somewhere else on the East coast would have been reasonable for us to be able to attend this HISTORIC TFC game. If you think this is a childish or unreasonable request then please just ignore the petition. Thats all.

By the time you have played a few pre-season friendlies and have had your chance to cheer for the team, home or away, the whole idea will be irrelevant anyways. It won't even be important for you any more.

But you will have wasted a few good cartridges shooting at the league and that can't have any benefit in the long term.

Archived