Lars

thepatriot

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

Just warning thepatriot that inside information is not at all appreciated at Voyaguers, more like all the assinine jealousies will come up and you'll get crapped on the moment you come to a conclusion.

What a load of crap.

If Lars has a bad attitude & is a loner now then things must have changed somewhat since his first days on the senior team with Holger. Having attended a number of national team practices in those days I didn't anything like that from Lars nor did I see him stand out as a loner, he was quite friendly with his teammates from the U20 & Olympic age group he was in, for starters. And you don't have to have attended practices to find it somewhat hard to believe that Holger would accept a poor attitude from a player and still keep him on the team. Remember Marc Bircham?

Now I'm not saying that such a change hasn't occurred since the Holger era or that the Patriot's observations aren't correct, just that I didn't see this during the Holger era when I was fortunate enough to have such an opportunity (sadly I just don't nowadays). But that was 3 years ago now and things can change a lot in that time. Like my finances, for example.

quote:Originally posted by Loud Mouth Soup

The coaches, his teammates, the staff, the fans...

Jeffrey-thepatriot knows more than you do, and ever will.

I will say one thing, thepatriot has posted things on this forum on a number of occassions, and his information has always been bang-on.

Whatever the problem, let's hope the next coach can bring Lars back into the fold.

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

I will say one thing, thepatriot has posted things on this forum on a number of occassions, and his information has always been bang-on.

Whatever the problem, let's hope the next coach can bring Lars back into the fold.

Agreed.

Hirschfeld is too talented to be completely given up on.

hmmm... with all this Lars talk you'd think the problem with our MNT was that we were letting in too many goals when the reality of it is that we don't score enough! At any rate I don't think Sutton is a bad keeper and I haven't really seen him do anything ridiculously bad with the MNT recently.

Of course we all want the most talented squad to be called(which would obviously have Lars on it), but I don't really think that's the biggest spot on the field in need. We really need one of our strikers with potential to step it up for the MNT! (Occean? Friend? Humey? or one of the U20 kids!)

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

If Lars has a bad attitude & is a loner now then things must have changed somewhat since his first days on the senior team with Holger. Having attended a number of national team practices in those days I didn't anything like that from Lars nor did I see him stand out as a loner, he was quite friendly with his teammates from the U20 & Olympic age group he was in, for starters. And you don't have to have attended practices to find it somewhat hard to believe that Holger would accept a poor attitude from a player and still keep him on the team. Remember Marc Bircham?

Now I'm not saying that such a change hasn't occurred since the Holger era or that the Patriot's observations aren't correct, just that I didn't see this during the Holger era when I was fortunate enough to have such an opportunity (sadly I just don't nowadays). But that was 3 years ago now and things can change a lot in that time. Like my finances, for example.

He was kind of a #1 under Osieck, maybe Lars had problems dealing with the fact that he was #2 under Yallop. That would explain Yallop saying something to the effect that Kenny and Sutton were working well together.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

He was kind of a #1 under Osieck, maybe Lars had problems dealing with the fact that he was #2 under Yallop. That would explain Yallop saying something to the effect that Kenny and Sutton were working well together.

Well remember that Lars didn't really have a club when Tottenham

released him as the backup, and it showed when Canada played Portugal

(losing 4-1, and Lars was caught out of position on many occasions).

Kenny, on the other hand, never complained when he rode the pine as

the backup on many matches, and yet played competently against Spain.

I think Lars is a very good player and there's room for his talents

on the MNT. For whatever reason, hopefully the next coach will

patch things up and he gets to lead the team in the WCQ.

But to clarify, just because a player has a lot of success with his

club does not necessarily translate the same for the MNT. (Remember

the MLS keeper of 2003, Pat Onstad?) The player must mix well with

the team and coach, on and off the pitch.

quote:Originally posted by Acid-Tone

yes, never mind how talented players may or may not be.

what we needed in qualifying was not just one, but rather a team full of unnattatched 17 yr. old nice guys and all around good teammates.

That's the other extreme. On paper Canada had a much TALENTED team

than Guatemala and yet lost its first WCQ (Burnaby 2004) very badly.

Of course we need our best players, in talent, skill, and attitude.

A team of Jamie Peters-types may or may not get you your result,

nor would a team of players of prima donnas (the other extreme).

Honestly, I don't know why Lars isn't in the picture currently,

and only if he publicly says something would we really know.

And I know quite a few posters have some special psychic powers

that would claim they really know how Lars feels, but I just accept

them as opinion rather than fact. There's really no point in

beating yourself up on players selection, as it stands right now

about 80% of our best players have been chosen.

Here's a hypothetical situation. If you're coach and could only

choose one person of the following due to club commitments, who'd

you rather have? Stalteri, de Guzman, De Rosario, Radzinski, or Lars?

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

How do you know the inside information is bang on if you are not on the inside. As someone who has provided inside information and has constantly been questioned on it, I would suggest that even being on the inside cannot ensure you being considered bang on. Unless what you are basically saying is that you agree. Or that you are hopelessly biased in favour of Kenny, because a friend of yours happens to be your agent, and will swallow any slight against Lars to help your cause.

Regardless, I have no reason to believe that someone did not think Lars had a bad attitude, or that someone thought he was faking injury. Sure, someone, including Yallop, could have thought that. The same way I think Yallop had a bad attitude and played out of form and unprepared players and got screwy results for it. Opinion is cheap.

How do you know the inside information is bang on if you are not on the inside. As someone who has provided inside information and has constantly been questioned on it, I would suggest that even being on the inside cannot ensure you being considered bang on. Unless what you are basically saying is that you agree. Or that you are hopelessly biased in favour of Kenny, because a friend of yours happens to be your agent, and will swallow any slight against Lars to help your cause.

Regardless, I have no reason to believe that someone did not think Lars had a bad attitude, or that someone thought he was faking injury. Sure, someone, including Yallop, could have thought that. The same way I think Yallop had a bad attitude and played out of form and unprepared players and got screwy results for it. Opinion is cheap.

In this case it's pretty tough to confirm that thepatriot is bang on but on other occasions like the Jason Bent situation he was bang on before we've had any confirmation.

Let's hope we can ask the coach about this and hope he's honest in his answer.

You are truly retarded. What's the matter Jeffrey, can't find any disgruntled Canadian players to sleep with ?

thepatriot has posted on this forum on a number of occasions, regarding a number of different topics, and his posts have always been correct (in fact, loyola just provided an example).

Did I say I know the inside information ? My only mention of Lars was that I hope he can be brought back into the team.

Thanks Guys.....well at least the ones who support me. Jeffery S. if inside information is not wanted here, I'm not sure what information is?? To me, inside info is the most important. Especially to the Canadian Soccer Fans who, I would hope, want to base their opinions and judgements on all the available information. If I see something on the board I can expand on and help to better understand a situation I post. There is absolutely no reason for me to do so and in the matter of Lars, like I said, it does not matter what my opinion is, I was only trying to help fill in the blanks so people might better understand why he may or may not have been left on or off the MNT.

quote:Originally posted by thepatriot

Thanks Guys.....well at least the ones who support me. Jeffery S. if inside information is not wanted here, I'm not sure what information is?? To me, inside info is the most important. Especially to the Canadian Soccer Fans who, I would hope, want to base their opinions and judgements on all the available information. If I see something on the board I can expand on and help to better understand a situation I post. There is absolutely no reason for me to do so and in the matter of Lars, like I said, it does not matter what my opinion is, I was only trying to help fill in the blanks so people might better understand why he may or may not have been left on or off the MNT.

Don't worry about Jeffrey S., he's just bitter that a real insider has stolen whatever thunder (no pun intended) he thinks he has. Winnipeg Fury summed it up best in his most recent post in this thread.

We all appreciate your posts here, thepatriot. Keep it up!

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

We all appreciate your posts here, thepatriot. Keep it up!

Ditto. Who knows. If this keeps up, we may become a sort of "Sons of Sam Lenarduzzi (SoSL)"

quote:SoSH garnered national attention during the 2003-2004 Major League Baseball offseason, where it consistently scooped several mainstream sports media outlets such as ESPN and WEEI radio in reporting the Alex Rodriguez and Nomar Garciaparra trades, the Red Sox in general, and even the rival New York Yankees.

The site is frequented by one Red Sox player who is a member, Curt Schilling, who often shares his thoughts and views with SoSH membership in an effort to directly communicate with the team's ardent fan base while bypassing what some perceive to be the jaded, embittered, agenda-driven members of the Boston press corps. Red Sox executives and even members of the Boston sports media have recently started using -- or at least reading -- the forum as well; readers welcome the brief but momentous comments of JohnWHenry (John W. Henry, Red Sox principal owner) and other sports figures.

Link

Archived