Lars

thepatriot

Just read through three pages of wildboy crying about why Lars has been left off the squad. I am not questioning the quality of Lars or where he is playing or how much time he is getting. It becomes quite obvious that you have never been around the national team during training camps when Lars was in the squad. Lars is one weird cat. He does not talk to any of the other players..he's a bit of a loaner....his attitude is piss poor with the coaching staff....he has exaggerated injuries when he should have been playing (World Cup qualifiers against Belize in Kingston). THAT is why Lars is out. It does not matter how talented one may be...that is only half the battle when a coach is putting together a TEAM not eleven individuals.

Onstad started both games in Kingston...Lars was on the bench, but was suposed to start the second game. As for the second question.....I guess that's why we don't go by our real names on the site in the first place....the main thing is that information is shared and people are informed....let's keep it at that!

quote:Originally posted by thepatriot

Onstad started both games in Kingston...Lars was on the bench, but was suposed to start the second game. As for the second question.....I guess that's why we don't go by our real names on the site in the first place....the main thing is that information is shared and people are informed....let's keep it at that!

héhéhé

I wasn't expecting you to tell me that you were Pat Onstad....;)

David C. I've been a GK all my life and I'm pretty sane....maybe that's why I didn't play at the highest level....

quote:Originally posted by loyola

héhéhé

I wasn't expecting you to tell me that you were Pat Onstad....;)

David C. I've been a GK all my life and I'm pretty sane....maybe that's why I didn't play at the highest level....

You might be sane but you still need that extra bit of concentration, there is no one to save your mistakes when your between the posts.

i dont care if lars doesnt talk to anyone and is a loner/rebel/immature punk. you dont have to be a friendly people person to be a good goalie. if he starts at rosenborg he starts on the MNT over Mr.USL and Relegation Boy- hands down, no personality questions asked. if he's not being selected bc he isnt liked as a person, then thats just bull****.

quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

i dont care if lars doesnt talk to anyone and is a loner/rebel/immature punk. you dont have to be a friendly people person to be a good goalie. if he starts at rosenborg he starts on the MNT over Mr.USL and Relegation Boy- hands down, no personality questions asked. if he's not being selected bc he isnt liked as a person, then thats just bull****.

Have you ever heard of the team concept???

France coach decided some very talented individuals weren't team players and didn't bring them to the WC and guess what, it paid off.

I've no idea if Lars is a team player or not but the explantions given by the poster who started this thread could make sense.

Tell that to Ruud Van Nistelrooy, Terrel Owens, Theron Fluery, etc, etc, etc.....

quote:Originally posted by hottoddy7

You leave a guy out because he is a loner?

You must have missed the part about his piss poor attitude and exaggerating injuries.

The countdown until wildboy26 ruins this thread starts now...

Perhaps I suppose a poor attitude would be more reason to leave a guy out and please don't jump on me for this as I'm not trying to start anything, but we don't actually know (or at least I don't) that any of those things are true. We do know he is the keeper at the highest level. But hopefully we will find out for sure why he isn't around sometime soon, I also hope as I said that we will see him back in the squad soon.

quote:Originally posted by hottoddy7

Perhaps I suppose a poor attitude would be more reason to leave a guy out and please don't jump on me for this as I'm not trying to start anything, but we don't actually know (or at least I don't) that any of those things are true. We do know he is the keeper at the highest level. But hopefully we will find out for sure why he isn't around sometime soon, I also hope as I said that we will see him back in the squad soon.

Just like Rudi said thepatriot is an extremely good source, he's either really close to some players, a player or a member of the staff.

I've never heard that story about the Belize game before so, if true, that must come from someone with some knowledge of the team.

I would still love to hear an explanation from the coach. Does anybody plan to interview Hart and some players? With all the trainings before the game I think we've an excellent opportunity to clarify the situation with some of our players.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

David C. I've been a GK all my life and I'm pretty sane.

Says you...

(Ah come on. You just left it out there. Hanging!).

Anywho, my, my. This is a juicy little bit of info isn't it? All that being said, how much does a week amount to in the big picture? Meaning the MNT has some history with the man. This could have been entirely out of character. Or maybe not (which would be a problem. No doubt).

But faking an injury so as not stand around bored in the penalty area for 90 minutes? That's pretty dramatic. Doubly so if it's true.

who cares what happened against belize. this is exactly why we need a csa outsider coaching, thats the only way we're gonna get our best team on the field.

I think National Teams players and players who weren't selected for those games and players who are proud to represent their country would care about this kind of attitude.

Guest Jeffery S.

Who gives a damn about attitude, which can only be judged subjectively, when there is a player with more talent who does the job on the field? This is a classic piece of Canadian bs, we saw it with Aguiar also, players who are competitive, are played in high level teams, are left out because of some childish, invented personal question and the national team suffers for it. If Lars plays for Rosenborg, or Aguiar did for Benfica, it is because there are coaches twice as good as ours who can get over the little stuff because they are dedicated to the big picture. Which Yallop was not, as proven.

Another question is that of injury, accusing someone of faking it is quite serious. But if you have been a keeper you will know that even a small knock, depending where, can be very debilitating, you could maybe play a game but would have serious problems training properly. Same with a cold, keepers have to be strong physically to be strong mentally, and almost all top keepers are a bit odd in comparison to your normal field players, their psychological make-up is more sensitive, they are usually either a bit thick-headed or excessively intense or oddballs, and their type of concentration is totally different from all other footballers. If Lars did not feel right, even though the docs said he was okay, then I give him the benefit of the doubt.

And I am not a big Lars fan, I still miss the Forrest days.

Just warning thepatriot that inside information is not at all appreciated at Voyaguers, more like all the assinine jealousies will come up and you'll get crapped on the moment you come to a conclusion. Good luck though.

As fans it's true that it's pretty much impossible to judge about attitude problems but when the informations come from inside I think we can have a better picture.

Maybe the problem with guys like Aguiar and Hirsch is that they just "shut up" when they're with a big club, coaches and players but are becoming arrogant and condescending when they arrive with the MNT. Just a suggestion.

And I think that a coach should deal with attitudes problems, just like the Irish coach did in 2002 when he excluded Roy Keane or the french coach did this year.

We don't know what kind of attitude problems whe're talking about so it's pretty much only speculation to say that Yallop had problems dealing with big egos or that Lars isn't a team player.....

About the injury I would say that it also seemed to happenned when Lars said that he was injured for the Lux game last november but was playing a club game a few days later.

Maybe thepatriot (if he wants to) could tell us how Lars was faking an injury.

Archived