Poll Question

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

1)Have you ever attended a womens professional soccer match in Canada?

women's pro soccer in canada? do you mean w-league? b/c obvously team canada stuff isn't "pro soccer" ...

Well, I was referring to womans profesional soccer as opposed to international games.

ah-ha

1. yes

2. um ... 10+ a year, depends

3. toronto, ottawa, bunch of visiting wleague teams from the US

1)Have you ever attended a womens professional soccer (ie.:W-league or other) match in Canada?

Sorry to be picky, but the W-League nor any other women's soccer in Canada is professional (tricky to agree upon a definition of this word, to be sure, but I think we can in this instance). :D

We do understand what you mean, of course. I just call it "club soccer".

1.) Yes

2.) total? 4 years worth i guess...( i haven't missed an Inferno home game in 4 years,) and i guess i've seen 2/3 of the away games..

3.) heh a lot .. i'll give my favourite... 2 years ago against Rhode Island...the game was delayed 3 hrs b/c of a kids tournament (!) and we had to wait in 30 deg heat under a tree...thats after Rhode Island changed the venue and we had to find it :) after that 3 hrs, RI only had 8 players, and had to get a player with regular shoes, pretty funny against a good team like the Inferno...i think the score was 9 or 10 to nil but it was probably more...i myself stopped counting after one of the girls lost their necklace thingy and half the team stopped to look on the touchline... it was a crazy afternoon to say the least...

quote:Originally posted by TorontoInferno

3.) heh a lot .. i'll give my favourite... 2 years ago against Rhode Island...the game was delayed 3 hrs b/c of a kids tournament (!) and we had to wait in 30 deg heat under a tree...thats after Rhode Island changed the venue and we had to find it :) after that 3 hrs, RI only had 8 players, and had to get a player with regular shoes, pretty funny against a good team like the Inferno...i think the score was 9 or 10 to nil but it was probably more...i myself stopped counting after one of the girls lost their necklace thingy and half the team stopped to look on the touchline... it was a crazy afternoon to say the least...

Thanks for sharing that one with us. That story is priceless. I Can't stop laughing. am already thinking of another post on this topic that I will type but there is alot I have to say and I need to work up the motivation for a lenghty post. I hope that you don't mind if I relate back to that story.

You know what i've found that you always have a team that is terrible no matter what league your in...poor management, coaching etc, i had that in my boys rep league last year, this team (i won't mention the team), who lost by more than 10 goals every game and maybe scored 2 all season, it happens in all leagues.

In no way am i saying that is the rule in the wleague...you've got some excellent teams run by pros who put on a great show; by far the best are boston and ottawa, they first class all the way.

Don't judge the wleague based on the Rhode lslands (they have new owners this year) or the Rochesters. There are lots of good teams that are run by people who know what needs to be done....

Go ahead Free Kick i dont mind, believe me it was a more hilarious being there than me typing it out...

1.Yes

2.1 or 2 Whitecaps women(used to be the Breakers)games per year.

I don't enjoy the games that much but I have tickets because they are included with my Whitecaps(men)season tickets.I take my nieces as they are involved in soccer.Some of the games are double headers with the men.

I should be able to get the Toronto Inferno games this year except for the home opener ironically held at the same time but on the other side of town as the Toronto Lynx "Girl Power" theme night. I don't think they're be any Inferno player's on hand to accept bouquets like last year.

Archived