A question to ask CNT member's.

DoyleG

There are many ways to answer this question. For whatever reason (I suspect the endorsement money, a la Lennox Lewis and Greg Radinski, was the greater one), Hargreaves answered it one way. Our national team members (or potential members) have various shades of answers, but we have to respect each of their decisions. Life is hard, and if they answer it in the way they feel best in the balance, we have to respect it. I even respect Hargreaves, at least he made a decision that got him to the World Cup, and who knows what heartache he may have had with the CSA and others here. All we can do is encourage them, and try to, as best we can, make it so they can more easily lean towards the MNT. Holger may be the big problem, to what extent we don't know.

At least we don't have the unseemly public disgrace of having our MNT players and the CSA arguing about payouts, like has happened in NZ, Oz and dozens of other countries. Thank God for that, and knock wood.

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change

the subject. -- Winston Churchill

Wait a minute. Lennox Lewis is an unfair comparison to MNT. He did win a gold medal for Canada and he was born in England. Worked professionally in England. A lot of Canadians work in other parts of the world too. Only those are not as public.

Then I think the question is unfair in any case.. Are we as harsh on NHL players that forego the national hockey team?

quote:Originally posted by DJT

My question is: what happened to the money that we got from the Confederations Cup in 2001?

We had to share it with everyone else in the CSA.:(

This same question can be applied in the club/country context.

Archived